2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3780
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by Satch » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:26 pm

We know he's good in that role but we seem to have a few players who can play there, i hope it's not a large sum we're paying. In these situations Is it a case of Stoke paying up his contract or them making up the difference between what he earns and his contracted salary with them?

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13275
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by dm » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Dave Mc says Cameron is negotiating with Stoke to reach a financial settlement which would account for the drop in wages when he'd sign for us. Cameron isn't in Stoke's manager, Nathan Jones’ plans so a move away would suit them.

User avatar
beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by beaglebum » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:08 pm

When does the transfer window end? Is it 31st july so 3 weeks away? And are we still able to loan in players after that period or does all business have to be done by then? If so we may need Luongo to find a club quickly so we can use the money on a striker or two.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13275
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by dm » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:17 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:08 pm
When does the transfer window end? Is it 31st july so 3 weeks away? And are we still able to loan in players after that period or does all business have to be done by then? If so we may need Luongo to find a club quickly so we can use the money on a striker or two.
The deadline for Championship clubs for all incoming permanent and loan registrations will close at 5pm on Thursday 8th August 2019.

League One and League Two clubs have until 5pm on Monday 2nd September 2019, due to August 31st falling on a Saturday. So we'd be able to sell or loan players to clubs in those divisions up to that date.

User avatar
beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by beaglebum » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:26 pm

Thanks dm

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4594
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by Montag » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Villa paying 12M for Brentford's CB Konsa. Admittedly he's only 21 but only 42 Championship appearances and 71 in league 1 for Charlton. 1 goal. Again, why do we get so little for our best players? I try and turn it round in my mind and think if I was the buying club who would I sign out of Freeman or this guy and how much would I pay? Konsa is younger but there is no guarantee that form will continue or progress. To me Freeman is a more valuable player to have in the side. Pace, tricky, can shoot, score, create and pull a goal out of nowhere. Konsa - a promising young CB. Well, we'll see how they fare in the PL.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
JHC
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:06 pm
Location: Orange, California

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by JHC » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:45 am

The immediate value of Freeman is almost certainly much higher than Konsa (who I don’t know much about), but for premier league teams it is all about long term potential. At 21 you don’t know how good of he is going to be, so the power of “upside” says he could be a superstar. So £12,000,000 seems worth it.

It seems to me, QPR face other problems getting true value for their players.1) the team has generally underachieved, 2) we haven’t played a “premier league” style game. Warburton’s arrival has shown me the style of play is a critical factor in attracting players and convincing premier league teams we are a safe place to develop their youthful assets. Who knew!!

With over achievement and premier league style of play I think we will begin to get value for our players. Lets see where we are July 2020!

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 7150
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 am

Freeman & if luongo goes for peanuts will only be good business if we stay in the division.

Warburton although I’m not a fan atleast is articulate & has a brain unlike Various previous managers, my only concern is with the amount of new players & such little time I’m wondering how long it will take him to get that winning formula.

So much inexperience & non championship experience walking through the door I just hope the older heads gel it all together.

Oh and a striker of some description is imperative of course, I really do hope there are some irons in the fire on that front as we have lost the majority of our goals out the door over Summer.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10048
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:24 am

JHC wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:45 am
The immediate value of Freeman is almost certainly much higher than Konsa (who I don’t know much about), but for premier league teams it is all about long term potential. At 21 you don’t know how good of he is going to be, so the power of “upside” says he could be a superstar. So £12,000,000 seems worth it.

It seems to me, QPR face other problems getting true value for their players.1) the team has generally underachieved, 2) we haven’t played a “premier league” style game. Warburton’s arrival has shown me the style of play is a critical factor in attracting players and convincing premier league teams we are a safe place to develop their youthful assets. Who knew!!

With over achievement and premier league style of play I think we will begin to get value for our players. Lets see where we are July 2020!
I think this pretty much nails it.

For PL clubs, it's all about potential and future resale value, so (relative) youth is an important factor. Brentford's technically excellent style of play has won them a lot of plaudits for a few years now, and that probably also helps to fuel the belief that their better players can make the step up to the top level.

A £9.5M profit in 12 months is incredible business for them, and they'll probably rake in another £20M or thereabouts for Maupay. They're also very, very good at buying in replacements so that the team isn't too badly impacted when they do sell on.

The prices are still insane though. Wan-Bissaka going for £45M+ after one season of football. Harry Maguire being touted around at £70-80M. The knock-on effect in the Championship is evident when you see someone like Konsa going for £12M after one season at our level.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21104
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:36 am

Montag wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:25 pm
Villa paying 12M for Brentford's CB Konsa. Admittedly he's only 21 but only 42 Championship appearances and 71 in league 1 for Charlton. 1 goal. Again, why do we get so little for our best players? I try and turn it round in my mind and think if I was the buying club who would I sign out of Freeman or this guy and how much would I pay? Konsa is younger but there is no guarantee that form will continue or progress. To me Freeman is a more valuable player to have in the side. Pace, tricky, can shoot, score, create and pull a goal out of nowhere. Konsa - a promising young CB. Well, we'll see how they fare in the PL.
Viewing his appearances; he has around three solid years experience at 21 so has shown some consistency from the age of 18, hence it is not so much of a gamble. The few games I saw him in he looked composed, read the game well and had a fair bit of skill about his game. People like Marcus Rashford command astronomical transfer values and he is only 21.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2791
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Somewhere in Hertfordshire

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by Barry » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:33 am

More interestingly, in my opinion, is the potential transfer of Romaine Sawyer from Brentford to Celtic with a fee of £1.5m. Now, this seems a really low fee for a player who is young and played very well at this level. That would make the Freeman deal seem like a great sum of money received
QPR & Ireland

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 7150
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:40 am

Barry wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:33 am
More interestingly, in my opinion, is the potential transfer of Romaine Sawyer from Brentford to Celtic with a fee of £1.5m. Now, this seems a really low fee for a player who is young and played very well at this level. That would make the Freeman deal seem like a great sum of money received
In the last year of his contract like Luongo hence the low fee, Freeman hadn’t long resigned with us so that explains the difference in Price.

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: bounds green

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by n22hoop » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Apparently we've made a 250k offer for Alan Judge.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 7150
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:28 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm
Apparently we've made a 250k offer for Alan Judge.
An area of the pitch we are overloaded in, 31 in November, not long back from a double leg break & then breaks his wrist, luck of the irish they say.. not so sure in Alan’s case.

Not for me not when we need a striker & apparently have little funds, 250k on a player that will have little re sale value if any at all, it seems an odd one to me unless of course we have two half decent strikers on the cards that we don’t know about. Guessing game for us fans 3 weeks to go a lot can happen in that time on the squad front so fingers crossed.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10048
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:55 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:53 pm
An ITK on Fantasy Island (who's usually correct) has indicated we're in talks with Ryan Hardie and another guy from Rangers.
Ryan Hardie has signed for Blackpool today.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Post Reply