Troy Deeney

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Troy Deeney

Post by deepseahoop » Sat May 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Anyone know how his cup final went :D
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Troy Deeney

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 18, 2019 7:16 pm

It went.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat May 18, 2019 7:37 pm

They were lucky to beat us but looks like they might've done us an almighty favour (Had we progressed). Pleased to see them get their buttocks shredded. :lol: Pity Beltup wasn't their to see it.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat May 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Joyous that seeing Watford get beaten may be for some, a 6-0 win in an FA Cup final between two teams in the top division, one built on obscene levels of wealth, is another sign of how far football has declined in the last 20 years or so.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat May 18, 2019 9:03 pm

There is a bit of truth in that. Apart from the top two in the Premiership I think all other British football has declined. The only reason why we have four teams in European finals is because of £££.

That said, Guardiola is a genius. He has taken ticky tacky 5 aside football and converted it into 11 aside. Plus he has to be the most organised efficint coach ever. He truly translates his methods to his team. Genius.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat May 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Largely agree OP, his team has played great football for the last few seasons. I'd say that much of that is down to the money that Man City have spent, but he deserves credit despite that.

What is hard to understand, despite him only going to the very top teams in the countries in which he's managed, is how rarely he's taken a team to the champions league final. Great football when given multi millions to spend yes, but a fair way away from being a genius in my view.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat May 18, 2019 9:34 pm

That is true. If there is any criticism of him it would be that he is too faithful to his methods and unable to bend his ways. I think that might be why he is susceptible in the one off Champions League games when a different scenario is upon him. I still think he is a bit of a genius though. He has revolutionised our game. We haven't seen the likes of him since Ol' Big Head.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Perhaps, but I can't see Guardiola taking a team from third in a second division to a league title the next season and then a European title.

It's unlikely to ever happen again under any manager, but its fairly safe to say that Guardiola is unlikely to manage a club that hasn't already established domestic dominance. In that regard he's a long way from being another Clough.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 18, 2019 11:02 pm

The Watford mejah team have been working hard to emulate our calamitous bunch on Twitter.....

Middle of last month they tweeted about how Watford wanted to be in Europe next season and others didn't..... even using the #brexit hashtag

All the club's mentioned in the tweet finished above them and with today's record breaking effort Wolves who finished 7th are in the Europa League next season and rubbed Watford's noses in it....

Another cracker is the hashtag #imagineif they come up with

I see Reggie didn't cancel a concert to make the party.... must have had a feeling in his water
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun May 19, 2019 10:34 am

I don’t know who is in charge of recruitment at Manchester City but finally they have got that right unlike the red side of Manchester whose panic buying has been an embarrassment.

How good is Ederson?

I think Pep could take a team through the divisions. He would look, learn, understand and achieve.