Possible signings

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Possible signings

Post by White Duck » Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm

Shame about Pav going: been a good player for us and a real fans favourite.
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue May 14, 2019 3:00 pm

I thought Pav might be let go because the wide midfield areas are relatively well covered.

Cousins going leaves us needing to find at least two CM players as I can't see any of our young players filling those spaces.

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by nic » Tue May 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Crabsandwich wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:45 pm
Cousins and Pav gone. Decisions to come on Lynch, Bidders and the rest.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/out ... 90.twitter
ALEX Baptiste, Jake Bidwell, Jordan Cousins, Joel Lynch and Pawel Wszolek will all depart QPR when their contracts expire in June

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue May 14, 2019 4:01 pm

White Duck wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm
Shame about Pav going: been a good player for us and a real fans favourite.
Agreed, i guess we just don't have the cash, especially with what's needed. Cousins had looked much improved but i still think short of him being on a pretty cheap extension that's the right call especially as he is fairly injury prone. We never saw the best of him, not helped by injuries and being played out of position. Seemed a confidence player. We really need a proper holding player to sit in our midfield and allow Luongo more freedom.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue May 14, 2019 6:48 pm

I can only assume we've released those 5 due to wages.
Of the bunch Pawel's the only one I'm disappointed in releasing.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed May 15, 2019 8:27 am

Devonranger wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:08 pm
Gregory at Millwall was someone I thought might be someone that would complement what we have with the likes of Smith, Oteh and Smyth?
Exactly the kind of player we should be looking at. Unfortunately he wants to go back up North apparently...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed May 15, 2019 8:32 am

White Duck wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:48 am
Unfortunately I'd say we've seen plenty of lack of effort from Cousins over the years: not getting a tackle in and hiding from the ball has been all too regular in his game. He's got some talent but has rarely shown much of it in the 3 years here. Josh Scowen has shown him what a committed box to box midfield player should be doing oover the last few months.
I don’t particularly rate or like Cousins.

With FFP, a club like us can’t afford to carry a sick note anymore, so I completely understand why he wasn’t offered an extension.

His use of the ball was dreadful, he persistently gave away silly fouls, and being blunt... I think he was bang average over the course of his time with us.

But lack of effort? Never. He always put in 100%. Due to his injuries he never got a good run in his proper position to show what he could do. I do still think there’s a good player in there somewhere - we just rarely got to see it.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Wed May 15, 2019 10:01 pm

That's some very good analysis on Cousins jimjams, and a good example of how the stats can mislead. His use of the ball did indeed often leave a lot to be desired, not least the relative absence of anything approaching goal threat. His best performance at Loftus Rd was undoubtedly when he was playing for Charlton, when he was a proper handful. Not sure why we never saw him reach those heights for us.