Warburton confirmed

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Warburton confirmed

Post by ZENITH R » Wed May 08, 2019 4:03 pm

2 year contract

On the Offish
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Warburton confirmed

Post by Wegerle » Wed May 08, 2019 5:14 pm

Glad that we have clarity and also glad that our new manager has a whole pre-season with the squad.

I'm completely neutral on his appointment so lets see how it works out.
Long live this message board as absolutely everything football related is Ajax-Spurs here now in Holland! :D

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm

Best of luck Mr Warburton, our fortunes have to take a turn for the better eventually so why not now?
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Wed May 08, 2019 5:28 pm

Really pleased about this appointment, he did very well at Brentford. Welcome to QPR Mark.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 08, 2019 5:32 pm

I am looking forward to seeing the team with him in charge and I really hope he can break the trend and reach the end of his contract.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed May 08, 2019 5:41 pm

Welcome Mark. I gather he had connections with the McLintock family and watched the Rangers play in the seventies when he was a young chap.
I'm fairly upbeat about the appointment. It's a tough call, we are all aware of the problems but let's get behind him and the young team.
Roll on August.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Wed May 08, 2019 5:41 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:06 pm
People on other SM sites are already moaning and bitching about it. That's why we aren't allowed nice things at QPR. It also confirms what I posted here a few months ago about a lot of QPR fans are idiots.
So true unfortunately. There is a particular FB group that is beyond horrific, I think i lasted there about 12 hours.

This is a very good appointment and is exactly the kind of manager we should have been looking for. I can't understand the lack of support for this.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed May 08, 2019 5:52 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
It also confirms what I posted here a few months ago about a lot of QPR fans are idiots.
Merely a reflection of the population as a whole although the percentage shows an upward trend.

Some of the Twitter stuff is so OTT, how they think abusing anyone employed by the club can be productive I really have no idea.

Welcome Mark Warburton, good luck to you.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed May 08, 2019 6:01 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
People on other SM sites are already moaning and bitching about it. That's why we aren't allowed nice things at QPR. It also confirms what I posted here a few months ago about a lot of QPR fans are cünts.
..yeah..I am already "fighting" on the FB page of the Irish Rs with some "nice" guys, spreading plenty of pessimism, immediately labeling MW as a league one manager at the best - no idea how this is coming from - and already depicting a dark, sad future ahead...even before the season is starting...no, actually just after the new manager has stepped inside the club....morons....
I told them not to come to LR the day we shall be celebrating promotion :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Wed May 08, 2019 6:11 pm

Good luck Mark. Probably the best we could expect TBH. Seems to understand our situation better than SMc. Is Eustace being retained... hope he is.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed May 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Good appointment. Welcome, Mark. Should've had the job 4 years ago. Good to have a Londoner in charge. Who was the last? Oh yes, Rednapper.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Swiss Frank
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Swiss Frank » Wed May 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Yeah a good appointment in our situation. He is experienced and has been successful working on the sort of budget needed for QPR to be sustainable in our current situation. A decision made early enough that he can understand who he is working with. Make informed decisions about who to retain, who to release and who to bring in (loan or otherwise). Then get them bonded in a planned and managed pre-season, fit and ready to start from the first game. Looking forward to seeing some youth given their chance to show what they can achieve as a team. Welcome Mark, and good luck ! I hope you earn a contract extension here in 2 years time !

arrystottle
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by arrystottle » Wed May 08, 2019 7:59 pm

Quite surprised he wants this job but at least he seems sane unlike Brolly Man, if we finish above the bottom eight he will have done his job as we have a team full of dross and no scope to bring in anything better, so good luck.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 08, 2019 8:02 pm

His M.O. would appear to be fast attacking football, based on possession with a weak defensive achilles heel. Hopefully Eustace will be able to help with that aspect of the game management. A criticism laid at his feet is that he never has a plan B so, if that proves to be the case, I hope the fans are patient when it isn't working.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed May 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Swiss Frank wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:43 pm
Yeah a good appointment in our situation. He is experienced and has been successful working on the sort of budget needed for QPR to be sustainable in our current situation. A decision made early enough that he can understand who he is working with. Make informed decisions about who to retain, who to release and who to bring in (loan or otherwise). Then get them bonded in a planned and managed pre-season, fit and ready to start from the first game. Looking forward to seeing some youth given their chance to show what they can achieve as a team. Welcome Mark, and good luck ! I hope you earn a contract extension here in 2 years time !
Good post. I'm hopeful we have made a good appointment this time.
Lex Talionis........