The Jammy Dodger, for if it were he....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

The Jammy Dodger, for if it were he....

Post by Stans left foot » Tue May 07, 2019 12:41 pm

If we appoint "The Jammy Dodger" that is Mr Warburton and you've got him to sign off the contract, what would your message be I wonder as he walks out the boardroom door?

"We are QPR" just doesn't hack it.

If he doesn't know what culture of club we are what would you say, the days of The Morgan twins, Marsh and Lazarus being long gone - Francis and Bowles likewise,

Ferdinand maybe for some but in reality we are a struggling - if we're lucky, Championship side with enough luggage and aggro to sink a battleship. No "star players" but we'd like to have our own home grown youngsters to cheer if we can

I often wonder why West Ham have their bubble machine and what on earth it has to do with the motley crew they get down there. Just who now remembers their illustrious players ( Hurst, Peters, Sissons Brooking ) playing "the West Ham way". Their bubbles well burst long ago, all that's done for the last 30+ years is generate a fractious demand for the worlds best to come play for them and become world-beaters.

( I often struggle with the concept of buying the Geordie Man ( Carroll ) paying him £90,000 a week for 35 goals over 5 seasons = 7 a season, just how hard is it to make billions out of football...? )

Probability is we oldies that remember those halcyon QPR days have no sway in what style of play we have and no culture to demand it. It's therefore unfair to charge Warburton to provide it.

Stylish football....at Rangers, maybe with Ferdinand, a slight sniff with Taraabt but in reality. Nope. Fact is our footballing demands are very low.

When you see our old nemesis like West Ham and Watford - rolling out onto the pitch with players most of their supporters have not seen prior to the beginning of the season, bar a few, even fewer of "their own" it just makes you wonder how attractive the Premiership really is....?

Realistic ambition for the Jammy Dodger: keep us in the Championship, win more than 2 games in any cup competition.

Style of play? You choose. We'll be happy.

Its pretty simple really.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: The Jammy Dodger, for if it were he....

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 07, 2019 1:43 pm

Get the crowd off it's feet 3-4 times a game. Sell the good 'uns for twice what they are worth?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Tue May 07, 2019 1:47 pm

So, if the new man abandoned anything fancy, set up a George Graham-style defence and we won lots of our games 1-0, most fans would be happy? I reckon they would.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue May 07, 2019 2:21 pm

as many as that Kernow, we can but dream......

maybe I'm being supercilious, but it could just be right now our demands are quite low ( to what they've been over the years....remember when Chris Wright got abused when we were singing ex/current Internationals, even with John Spencer in the team......

nope, the bars set pretty low right now and despite the shite we're currently carrying, no parachute money, no money full stop, 1/2 a squad gone, no defence to speak of, RPI/PPI and FFP and Lord knows what other sanctions, still a good time.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue May 07, 2019 3:29 pm

Those of us of “a certain age” have been so fortunate - when you think of the wonderful players we've seen, playing for a relatively small club. I used to have a car window sticker saying QPR The Entertainers. Now we see mere survival as a major achievement.

I still think we will have a better season than some think next year, but overall our chances of ever seeing a stylish, successful team again are to say the least, slender.

I'll keep attending for so long as I am able, but it's more as a nod to the past rather than any expectation of future success.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue May 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Like me 222gers,

I think if your an "older" supporter you'll have got the gist of what I was trying to say.

OK we know it's all changed due to The Premiership, but looking to attain a good attacking, entertaining team seemed far easier before the Prem arrived.

Typically picking up players that were over the hill in age terms but simply wanted to play on....I'm thinking McClintock and David Webb springing to mind. Problem is nowadays do you really expect Cahill to come and join us next season, he'll want to strain every last penny out of a Premiership Club if he can ( I suspect ) or maybe join his home team.

That's why I guess the new training ground and trying to unearth a gem, probably to sell on, but never the less enjoy - is so important.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Thu May 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:41 pm
If we appoint "The Jammy Dodger" that is Mr Warburton and you've got him to sign off the contract, what would your message be I wonder as he walks out the boardroom door?

"We are QPR" just doesn't hack it.

If he doesn't know what culture of club we are what would you say, the days of The Morgan twins, Marsh and Lazarus being long gone - Francis and Bowles likewise,

Ferdinand maybe for some but in reality we are a struggling - if we're lucky, Championship side with enough luggage and aggro to sink a battleship. No "star players" but we'd like to have our own home grown youngsters to cheer if we can

I often wonder why West Ham have their bubble machine and what on earth it has to do with the motley crew they get down there. Just who now remembers their illustrious players ( Hurst, Peters, Sissons Brooking ) playing "the West Ham way". Their bubbles well burst long ago, all that's done for the last 30+ years is generate a fractious demand for the worlds best to come play for them and become world-beaters.

( I often struggle with the concept of buying the Geordie Man ( Carroll ) paying him £90,000 a week for 35 goals over 5 seasons = 7 a season, just how hard is it to make billions out of football...? )

Probability is we oldies that remember those halcyon QPR days have no sway in what style of play we have and no culture to demand it. It's therefore unfair to charge Warburton to provide it.

Stylish football....at Rangers, maybe with Ferdinand, a slight sniff with Taraabt but in reality. Nope. Fact is our footballing demands are very low.

When you see our old nemesis like West Ham and Watford - rolling out onto the pitch with players most of their supporters have not seen prior to the beginning of the season, bar a few, even fewer of "their own" it just makes you wonder how attractive the Premiership really is....?

Realistic ambition for the Jammy Dodger: keep us in the Championship, win more than 2 games in any cup competition.

Style of play? You choose. We'll be happy.

Its pretty simple really.
i thought we were quite direct under Francis in the Ferdinand golden years?
Not saying it as a bad thing, I liked the fast paced football, but it was more direct than stylish

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Thu May 09, 2019 1:58 pm

I'd ask him to appoint Birch and Holloway to make sure that his hair stays dyed blue and white, the Hoops song is learnt by heart and teach him that comebacks in football are not something that were invented this week but were also available in '67 cup finals.
Show him a video (VHS preferably) of Fenwicks header that set the blue and white half of Wembley alight and you have our history in a nut shell.

We are QPR, we don't ask for much.