Warburton According to SSN...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR-CMOB
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Warburton According to SSN...

Post by QPR-CMOB » Wed May 08, 2019 4:20 am

Eustace has done ok but knows very well as a caretaker that in all likelihood he will not be around once the new manager is appointed. Every Manager will want to bring in their staff who they are most comfortable with and even over here in the US any assistants usually get moved on , once the new Head Coach takes over. I think regardless of who takes over given our current situation I will be pretty underwhelmed but whoever it is will get my support.
HAD ENOUGH OF THE COWBOYS .... QPR NEED THE INDIANS.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:36 am

White Duck wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:18 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:08 pm
QPR-NI wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:02 am

Who in the realms of possibility would have overwhelmed you?
Hmm, lets see...

David Wagner - proven up and coming coach, unlucky at Huddersfield
Adi Hütter at E. Frankfurt having a good season, sure to have new ideas and only 49
Graeme Jones - who I know is at Luton, again 49 and bound to have fresh ideas and by the
way why aren't we pilfering the Luton/Brentford template? Perhaps Warburton can do that since
he was at Griffin Park.

Also heard Tim Krull @ Norwich talks about the extra training that Daniel Farke demands. Yes, I do like the Austrian/German
approach, but watching 11 home defeats and the disgusting lethargic performances, that's an obvious requirement going forward.
Remember the 1st half at Carrow Road? They looked Premiership standard we resembled a pub side!

I realize I'm penning this after seeing Liverpool do the impossible against Barça, but they had energy and pressing,
it can work even in the Championship.
Two of those three are leagues above our current level, and Jones has no managerial experience at all so would be a massive gamble.

If we are being unrealistic I'd go for Klopp after what he's achieved tonight.
Most importantly, can Warburton implant the Brentford model to HQ and can he actually coach
the players to be a bit more energized and not be 2nd to every 50-50 ball for example?
Staff Benda Bilili

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed May 08, 2019 7:51 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
QPR-NI wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:02 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:45 am

For younger readers refer to the above "gentleman".
Warburton? Underwhelming appointment for me, but I'll give him a chance.
Who in the realms of possibility would have overwhelmed you?
Hmm, lets see...

Adi Hütter at E. Frankfurt having a good season, sure to have new ideas and only 49
Graeme Jones - who I know is at Luton, again 49 and bound to have fresh ideas and by the
way why aren't we pilfering the Luton/Brentford template? Perhaps Warburton can do that since
he was at Griffin Park.

Also heard Tim Krull @ Norwich talks about the extra training that Daniel Farke demands. Yes, I do like the Austrian/German
approach, but watching 11 home defeats and the disgusting lethargic performances, that's an obvious requirement going forward.
Remember the 1st half at Carrow Road? They looked Premiership standard we resembled a pub side!

I realize I'm penning this after seeing Liverpool do the impossible against Barça, but they had energy and pressing,

I watched the two teams warming up at Carrow Road. We were 'going through the motions', while they had high intensity and focus. It was no surprise we were 2-0 down so early in the game.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed May 08, 2019 10:04 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:51 am
I watched the two teams warming up at Carrow Road. We were 'going through the motions', while they had high intensity and focus. It was no surprise we were 2-0 down so early in the game.
Another significant contrast was that Norwich had won 7 games in a row, while we had won 1 in 15. Confidence is a very important factor, and it ebbs away quickly when you're not winning games.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed May 08, 2019 10:23 am

Andy_N19 wrote:

Hmm, lets see...

he was at Griffin Park.

Frankfurt are in the semi-finals of the Europa league. How likely is it that their manager will assess his career options and think Loftus Road should be his next port of call ? Wagner will also have countless more desirable offers than QPR, and is headed for Schalke anyway.

Jones might have been an option, but as White Duck points out, has no managerial experience. His coaching credentials are impressive, but so were Paul Clement's, and you don't hear his name mentioned on this board now, in sharp contrast to a couple of years back.

I'm not against taking a punt on someone starting out as a manager, but it will be just that - a punt. And given we've had 4 managers in 4 years, I don't have a lot of faith that the board are likely to be able to spot the next David Wagner or Daniel Farke.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed May 08, 2019 11:31 am

Ultimately I think it’s time for Les to go, we can all see that Adi Hütter is the man for job and yet it sounds like we haven’t even spoken to him.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed May 08, 2019 12:00 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:04 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:51 am
Another significant contrast was that Norwich had won 7 games in a row, while we had won 1 in 15. Confidence is a very important factor, and it ebbs away quickly when you're not winning games.
Also fielded the same team in those seven games.

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by PeterS » Wed May 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Long but worth a listen
https://youtu.be/ObDogG_jWKw

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 08, 2019 5:10 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:31 am
Ultimately I think it’s time for Les to go, we can all see that Adi Hütter is the man for job and yet it sounds like we haven’t even spoken to him.
Les and Hoos are the glue that has been holding QPR together these last few years, despite interference from above. I hope they are still around when the cycle reverses itself.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Don Gibbons
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Don Gibbons » Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 pm

PeterS wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:05 pm
Long but worth a listen
https://youtu.be/ObDogG_jWKw
Interesting interview, thanks for posting

In Warburton's first few months at Glasgow Rangers he signed Clint Hill, Joey Barton & Niko Kranjcar - bringing experienced heads into the club

He suggested he'll be doing somthing similar at Loftus Road this Summer in his interview on the offish.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:10 pm
Satch wrote:
Les and Hoos are the glue that has been holding QPR together these last few years, despite interference from above. I hope they are still around when the cycle reverses itself.
Esox, I was taking the piss. I’m very much behind the pair of them (although I’m having to convince myself Sherwood talk was just the press)

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 am

Satch wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:10 pm
Satch wrote:
Esox, I was taking the piss. I’m very much behind the pair of them (although I’m having to convince myself Sherwood talk was just the press)
Aw, sorry Satch. There was so much negativity around yesterday that it went over my head.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Sat May 11, 2019 6:29 am

Don Gibbons wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 pm
In Warburton's first few months at Glasgow Rangers he signed Clint Hill, Joey Barton & Niko Kranjcar - bringing experienced heads into the club

He suggested he'll be doing somthing similar at Loftus Road this Summer in his interview on the offish.
One such experienced head he tried to sign at the time was John Eustace. I don't know if that supports rumors that he might keep him on, or that is the basis for them.

For what it's worth, I'm not particularly keen on Eustace or otherwise. I wouldn't judge him by his caretaker manager period, which was mixed anyway, because it's not the job he'll be doing. But I do think it's good to have continuity, especially if you are trying to bring young players through. I know a lot of managers like to bring people with them, but about 5 years ago it felt like it wasn't worth even trying to remember anyone's name. Now at least it feels like someone can remember where the spare set of keys is hidden.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat May 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Continuity is very much the word that comes to mind too. Hopefully he's learned a lot on the coaching side from SMC too. I gut feel is the club have him in mind as a future manager, i can't say i have any major feelings on that as this stage.