Smith's goal

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Smith's goal

Post by Giorgio » Sun May 05, 2019 3:21 pm

... nicely executed volley.... I would keep Matt for the next season....he is not a champion but a decent striker at this level and he can score...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGpDK63Rl3g

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Smith's goal

Post by dm » Sun May 05, 2019 3:31 pm

Definitely keep him next season. My son reminded me today how well he played during our good patch before Christmas.

We will need to bring in one if not two strikers next season and it would make sense to find someone who can play off the big man. Of course, little Smyth might fulfil that role, but I think the jury's out as to whether he plays best out wide or in a striking two.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun May 05, 2019 3:32 pm

dm wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:31 pm
Definitely keep him next season. My son reminded me today how well he played during our good patch before Christmas.

We will need to bring in one if not two strikers next season and it would make sense to find someone who can play off the big man. Of course, little Smyth might fulfil that role, but I think the jury's out as to whether he plays best out wide or in a striking two.
...considering that Freeman would probably leave....Smyth and Chair would be likely to find space in the squad next season...

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deepseahoop » Sun May 05, 2019 3:37 pm

We need to keep Matt who else are we going to bring on after70 mins to hoof it up to.
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun May 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Matt will still be under contract next season, so unless someone offers a really high fee, he stays. I really like him, he gives it everything he's got and knows where the back of the net is. With a couple of the youngsters on the wings Matt could have a good season for us.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun May 05, 2019 4:48 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:40 pm
Matt will still be under contract next season, so unless someone offers a really high fee, he stays. I really like him, he gives it everything he's got and knows where the back of the net is. With a couple of the youngsters on the wings Matt could have a good season for us.
Agreed: if he'd started most games instead of the loan players he'd probably have got close to 20 goals this season.
Lex Talionis........

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun May 05, 2019 5:42 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:48 pm
Agreed: if he'd started most games instead of the loan players he'd probably have got close to 20 goals this season.
...may be that is over optimistic... :mrgreen: but surely over 10...and I would like that the refs could keep an eye on the way
the defenses mark him in the box....I have seen so many "possible" penalties, for fouls, holding, keeping, catching him on a corner kick or free
kicks near the box....not even one conceded....!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun May 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Possibly our goal-of-the-season ? That or Wells' goal at home to.....I can't remember.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun May 05, 2019 6:19 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:42 pm
White Duck wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:48 pm
...may be that is over optimistic... :mrgreen: but surely over 10...and I would like that the refs could keep an eye on the way
the defenses mark him in the box....I have seen so many "possible" penalties, for fouls, holding, keeping, catching him on a corner kick or free
kicks near the box....not even one conceded....!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
He's scored 8 goals despite only starting 10 games which is a good record.
Lex Talionis........

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Tue May 07, 2019 9:22 pm

Lovely finish from Matt.I don't like Sheff Weds as a club... but I love Hillsborough as a ground. A modern version of it would be great for us.

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Post by karateelvis » Wed May 08, 2019 1:37 pm

Who was it that crossed to him?
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed May 08, 2019 1:56 pm