Just got back

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Just got back

Post by ZENITH R » Sun May 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Whey Hey!

That was my 6th away game of the season, and by far the best performance I've seen. We actually played football, passing, tackling and making chances. It was brilliant.

Eze seemed to be able to beat two or three men at will, and usually find a team mate with a pass. Shame about the penalty, which was very poor. I think it has to be Manning as the designated penalty taker for next season. Thankfully it didn't matter in the end.

The ref was very poor, I'm told their first penalty should never have been given (it was the far end so couldn't be sure.) There were a number of dodgy decisions all afternoon, but thankfully no red cards, and we won!

A big shout out to Smith - a super finish, and he won just about everything in the air, lots of flick ons. BOS is a real talent, if he could score on a regular basis he would be worth millions.

All in all, a great afternoon. There were maybe 400-500 R's fans there - hard to be sure as we were spread out across the top tier of the Leppings Lane end. Good support and we out sung the 25,500 Wednesday fans for most of the afternoon.

To the doom and gloom merchants - I say with the right manager, and a decent pre-season we could surprise a few teams next year.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Just got back

Post by Damien » Sun May 05, 2019 6:08 pm

Delighted for you and the other nutcases who follow QPR around the country. Enjoy your evening Zenith 8).

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deepseahoop » Sun May 05, 2019 6:40 pm

And thank you for the positive ending. On the radio today they were saying that Norwichs success was down to a new training ground which brought everyone together and investing in youth... theres hope for us yet.
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun May 05, 2019 9:10 pm

deepseahoop wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:40 pm
And thank you for the positive ending. On the radio today they were saying that Norwichs success was down to a new training ground which brought everyone together and investing in youth... theres hope for us yet.
Painting the away dressing room may have had a psychological impact too. I really hope we ditch the pink away kit for next season.

Denis the Menace rules!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun May 05, 2019 9:21 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:10 pm
deepseahoop wrote:
Painting the away dressing room may have had a psychological impact too. I really hope we ditch the pink away kit for next season.

Denis the Menace rules!
Did someone call?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun May 05, 2019 9:25 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:

Denis the Menace rules!
In how many of our successful away games was the Fuschia kit worn? I am guessing 4 out of the five?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Mon May 06, 2019 7:33 am

ZENITH R wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:

Denis the Menace rules!
Yep that kit is pretty horrible really....