Sheffield W - QPR match thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Sheffield W - QPR match thread

Post by carrotstick » Sun May 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Damien wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:03 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:41 pm
dm wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:42 pm

Was that really how you saw Eze's game today? Apart from the penalty, I thought he looked the best player on the pitch. Yes, he needs to add some more incisiveness to his play, but his control, retention and use of the ball was second to none today.
I see his potential DM but as of yet he doesn't have the complete skill set to make a difference at this level. He has to learn that he is a team player and that sometimes he should just do the simple things first.
The way he took the penalty was illustrative for his short comings. He took it like a school boy pretending to be Messi or Ronaldo. He really has to get the basics right first. He is young so hopefully he will grow next season and become an important player for us.
Agree Wegs. He has the talent alright - all he needs is a bit more, dare I say" Tarrabt attitude". This season will have taught him and the coaches a lot.

Warnock knew how to get the best from Tarbs.... just saying.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun May 05, 2019 9:05 pm

Warnock wouldn't put a team out with 4 or more youngsters in it. He in't the right man for the job.
Come on you Sooopa ........

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon May 06, 2019 1:40 am

I think Eze's penalty was the product of a misplaced competitive streak. He was trying to get one over psychologically on Wednesday player by scoring in exactly the way they failed so badly at.
Agree he needs to be less individualistic. He's not selfish, but sometimes acts like he's playing FIFA, where you get rewards for doing things other than scoring more goals than the opposition. (Also, defends like he's on FIFA. He does close down players a lot. Does a lot of running. But when he get there he doesn't put his foot in enough. That's a reasonable strategy on FIFA, which tends to penalise you for actively tackling. In real life, Championship players will figure you out.)