Warnock

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Warnock

Post by White Duck » Sun May 05, 2019 2:36 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:20 pm
I think he has done OK and been a bit unlucky, for example at Derby. A couple of his starting line-ups (mostly including Lynch) have been questionable but he has also put some decent teams out and got us playing much more positively and coherently than SMC did.
McLaren set a really low bar though!

We really need someone with a lot more experience in management and an ability to source lower league players etc so I would rule Darren Moore and Marc Bircham out for the same reasons.
Lex Talionis........

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun May 05, 2019 2:41 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:28 pm
Didn't think Eustace has done too badly in the circumstances he was asked to take over in - he worked with what he had and thought he got something out of the team.

Ainsworth has the links with the club but he has no experience at championship level and I think Eustace knows what is needed at the club currently and seems willing to bring in the younger players.

He has worked with the players so has a head start - could do alot worse.
Ainsworth HAS got Championship experience as he was caretaker manager with us for a number of games at this level. He has got loads of managerial experience at a club with no money and is thought of incredibly highly by Wycombe fans. Eustace cannot hold a candle to Ainsworth IMO, and to appoint him instead of Gareth would be a joke.
Lex Talionis........

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun May 05, 2019 3:13 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:20 pm
I think he has done OK and been a bit unlucky, for example at Derby. A couple of his starting line-ups (mostly including Lynch) have been questionable but he has also put some decent teams out and got us playing much more positively and coherently than SMC did.
All of that today.

I'd give him a 12 month contract, and see how he does.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.