Who's your choice?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Who's your choice?

Post by the big IP » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:28 pm

If we get a win on Saturday we should be safe, stick with Eustace until the end of the season.

If we lose i have no idea

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:37 am

Get the impression that while Rowett might have addressed the defensive side, there have been tabs of dour footie attached to him.

We need someone who can understand the tradition of good football that the fans here love to see, and work around that to in improving the team defensively when we are out of possession.

No instant fixes tend to be good long stable solutions so let's try and target getting the right person in and aiming for a season in the championship where the team can work on these aspects and hopefully have a season where the target is a solid mid table finish.

With any luck, the results this weekend will go our way and the club can take a bit of time in getting the appointment right.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:55 am

Carlos Carvahal now 5/2 favourite on Skybet apparently - type of flamboyant character our owners seem drawn too - nothing to say he has a feel for bringing through younger players or develop players from lower leagues.

Didn't get Sheff Weds up on larger playing budget than we will have but some experience at this level - just needs to be in tune with helping the club develop and not looking at some I'll prepared stab at the play offs or promotion.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:24 am

Devonranger wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:55 am
Carlos Carvahal now 5/2 favourite on Skybet apparently - type of flamboyant character our owners seem drawn too - nothing to say he has a feel for bringing through younger players or develop players from lower leagues.

Didn't get Sheff Weds up on larger playing budget than we will have but some experience at this level - just needs to be in tune with helping the club develop and not looking at some I'll prepared stab at the play offs or promotion.
Looks like something is happening: Carvahal now Evens with Skybet and no Bet Victor odds available at the moment.....
Lex Talionis........

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by KildarePete » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Angel Rangel did appear unduly happy to sign up for another season at Loftus Road.
Probably unlikely that he would have been given a head-up about an incoming Carvalhal...
But Angel did play for him before at Swansea and I wonder if that was a factor.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:07 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:37 am
Get the impression that while Rowett might have addressed the defensive side, there have been tabs of dour footie attached to him.

We need someone who can understand the tradition of good football that the fans here love to see, and work around that to in improving the team defensively when we are out of possession.

No instant fixes tend to be good long stable solutions so let's try and target getting the right person in and aiming for a season in the championship where the team can work on these aspects and hopefully have a season where the target is a solid mid table finish.

With any luck, the results this weekend will go our way and the club can take a bit of time in getting the appointment right.
That tradition is pretty long gone, we're not unique in wanting to see good football. For me we have one target next year and that is staying in the division and it suspect that will be the target for a few years to come. We've been consistently been finishing in the same part of the table and now we are likely to have a much weaker squad. We can sit here saying we want attractive football but solid at the back, youth players developed and a mid-table finish. It doesn't mean there is a manager who can actually deliver that. I think as fans we have to become realistic in what we can expect.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Stoke fans were glad to see the back of Rowett. Derby fans weren't too fussed when he jumped ship too. When we drew with Stoke at their place I had a quick word with Charlie Adam (I was sitting near the tunnel) he was not impressed.

So, be careful what you wish for .... I would add, Rowett has been all too quick to leave if a perceived 'better offer' comes along.

Frankly, thanks but no thanks.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:46 pm

KildarePete wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Angel Rangel did appear unduly happy to sign up for another season at Loftus Road.
Probably unlikely that he would have been given a head-up about an incoming Carvalhal...
Has he signed up for next season then? If so, I must have missed that.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:34 am

beaglebum wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:46 pm
KildarePete wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Has he signed up for next season then? If so, I must have missed that.
Don’t think he has yet, but has been quoted that he’s keen to do so.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:51 am

The club are in “advanced talks” with Carvalhal according to this morning's Times football supplement. Could we be about to risk breaching FFP and have a stab at the playoffs next season ? Surely not, but would he come here with a nil transfer pot ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:22 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:51 am
The club are in “advanced talks” with Carvalhal according to this morning's Times football supplement. Could we be about to risk breaching FFP and have a stab at the playoffs next season ? Surely not, but would he come here with a nil transfer pot ?
Is that the story that they picked up from the false QPR Official thread on Twitter that some thundercunt decided would be a good wind up?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:29 pm

I’m undecided on who I would like in charge next season. There seems to be no outstanding candidate.

With all the names mentioned, I think Sherwood is still bottom of the list though.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

QPR_Dan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by QPR_Dan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:51 am

Personally I think Sherwood is top of the list, unfortunately.

So I have backed him at 4/1 to ease some of the pain if it is announced.

I imagine TF has had the most say in the last two appointments so think this decision will go to LF.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:03 am

QPR_Dan wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:51 am
Personally I think Sherwood is top of the list, unfortunately.

So I have backed him at 4/1 to ease some of the pain if it is announced.

I imagine TF has had the most say in the last two appointments so think this decision will go to LF.
FFS.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Am I the only one that hasn't heard a single name that has got me in the slightest way excited?