Who's your choice?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Who's your choice?

Post by White Duck » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:15 pm

Lots of posts on here about who people DON'T want but who is your realistic first choice for manager and why?

Ainsworth for me: still a 'young' manager but has plenty of managerial experience for his age, including a few short stints in charge of us.
Has done a good job at Wycombe in Division One with a low budget and a small squad and has knowledge of lower league players which would help with future signings. Would see managing us as a step up and would get the backing of the supporters (who on the whole have been very patient with the previous manager during the current appalling run).
Lex Talionis........

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Who's your choice?

Post by QPR-NI » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Jim Magilton.

Had a great record and won't take any shlt from slackers.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:22 pm

Another vote for Ainsworth - has earned the respect of fans, players and owners with his conduct as player and manager. As good a shout as any.

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:14 am

Sorry just cause we loved Ainsworth as a player doesn't mean he will be any good as a manager. Same applies to Derry, Hill, Barton and any other ex players doing the rounds.

A Wycombe mate tells me their style of play is woeful

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:41 am

I don't know why people like Sherwood are being touted around we can do better than that I'm sure.

No to Gareth. Legend but I've from what I've read plays worse hoofball than Pullis.

I'd go Bowyer from Charlton bringing back Steve Gallen with him. He's done really well at a skint club with a shit owner Interfearing so would fit right in. Plus he's out of contract in the summer.....

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:19 pm
Jim Magilton.

You mean guys like Lynch on Saturday.
Was an unacceptable performance from him in particular.
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:52 am

Michael Appleton, if he would come.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:54 am

I think that is the big problem. Just who is out there that could come in, motivate the current squad, develop the youngsters and work within extra tight budgets?

I don't have a clue! The only name that comes to mind (and this isn't for sentimental reasons) is Holloway but that wont happen.

It might just be me but I can't see our squad wanting to play for the likes of Sherwood, Bowyer or Ainsworth. McLaren yes but I never got the impression that the first two made many friends in the game and Ainsworth never played at the highest level. Rangel, Cameron etc would be off like a shot probably.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:11 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:19 pm
Jim Magilton.

I'd go for that. Because passion, innit.

Plus we played some great football under him until he was forced out
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:13 am

beaglebum wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:54 am
I think that is the big problem. Just who is out there that could come in, motivate the current squad, develop the youngsters and work within extra tight budgets?

I don't have a clue! The only name that comes to mind (and this isn't for sentimental reasons) is Holloway but that wont happen.

It might just be me but I can't see our squad wanting to play for the likes of Sherwood, Bowyer or Ainsworth. McLaren yes but I never got the impression that the first two made many friends in the game and Ainsworth never played at the highest level. Rangel, Cameron etc would be off like a shot probably.
Any players who "don't want to play" for a manager because he's not their mate or didn't play at the highest level should be the first ones out the door. And good riddance.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:36 am

the big IP wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:14 am
Sorry just cause we loved Ainsworth as a player doesn't mean he will be any good as a manager. Same applies to Derry, Hill, Barton and any other ex players doing the rounds.

A Wycombe mate tells me their style of play is woeful
Their style of play is obviously adapted to allow for the level of players he has at the moment.

And this thread is for naming managers you'd LIKE at the club, not for saying why you don't want certain managers!
Lex Talionis........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:59 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:13 am
beaglebum wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:54 am

Any players who "don't want to play" for a manager because he's not their mate or didn't play at the highest level should be the first ones out the door. And good riddance.
Could not agree more

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:01 am

When you list all the negatives of joining us ( I did it on another thread and trust me, there's plenty ) two things spring to mind

Who would want to inherit them?
Who is capable of working under such restrictions?

That tends to rule out younger managers ( not been there/done it ) and looks to perhaps lower league achievers...

Appleton springs to mind - and matey boy at Preston

Whatever Luton are doing we need to copy, If I were a Board Member I'd be going down there for the day and checking out their culture and strategy. Remember not so long ago they were a laughing stock - we've all been there / are there. Plus they've recruited 2 managers who have a template to work to and the 2nd one in is copying the first.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:28 am

Stans left foot wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:01 am
When you list all the negatives of joining us ( I did it on another thread and trust me, there's plenty ) two things spring to mind

Who would want to inherit them?
Who is capable of working under such restrictions?

That tends to rule out younger managers ( not been there/done it ) and looks to perhaps lower league achievers...

Appleton springs to mind - and matey boy at Preston

Whatever Luton are doing we need to copy, If I were a Board Member I'd be going down there for the day and checking out their culture and strategy. Remember not so long ago they were a laughing stock - we've all been there / are there. Plus they've recruited 2 managers who have a template to work to and the 2nd one in is copying the first.
In a way QPR are the ideal club for almost any interested manager old/new, young/aged, whatever (unless they had already had a go previously).

a) If they fail then so what? Everyone fails at QPR, it's not an irredeemable blot on anyone's CV, but
b) if they succeed it'd be "they took the shambles that was QPR and just look at them now" (at which point they should probably take the first good offer they get before everything inevitably goes tits-up - this is still QPR after all!)
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:59 am

Warncock. Doubt he'll get sact at the Welch anyway. But if he does - bring him in. He'd sort these toe-rags out.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare