Should we try Grant Hall and Geoff Cameron together in midfield?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Should we try Grant Hall and Geoff Cameron together in midfield?

Post by beaglebum » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Would this team line-up work (assuming we will lose at Hull like we always do so we might as well try and keep a clean sheet rather than try and win)

Lumley
Furlong - Leistner - Lynch - Bidwell
Cameron - Hall
Wszolek Luongo - Freeman
Wells

I'm not sure what type of formation I'm suggesting here and I know its a bit defensive, but I wonder whether partnering Cameron and Hall in midfield might give extra protection to the back four allowing Furlong and Bidwell to push on and also giving a more attacking role to Freeman and Wszolek with Luongo supporting so they aren't forever defending too deep?

Thoughts?

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Should we try Grant Hall and Geoff Cameron together in midfield?

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Actually, I think that's quite imaginative. It could work. Not much chance of McClarion trying it though. It's not what Hull would expect.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Nice idea but SMc hasn’t tried Hall in midfield at all this season even when Cameron was injured so he’s unlikely to try it now.
Hall for Lynch, Cameron for Cousins, Wells for Hemed and hopefully Pav for Eze is what I’d expect. BOS on the left and Freeman in the centre.
Lex Talionis........

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:08 am

I thought Hall was bang average in midfield and much better as a defender. Prefer he stays that way.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:06 am

Interesting idea but you can be sure if SMc tried it he'd be slated for being too negative.

Hall has said himself that he prefers playing at CB to DCM and I think that's where he's best suited.

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:04 am

White Duck wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 pm
Nice idea but SMc hasn’t tried Hall in midfield at all this season even when Cameron was injured so he’s unlikely to try it now.
Hall for Lynch, Cameron for Cousins, Wells for Hemed and hopefully Pav for Eze is what I’d expect. BOS on the left and Freeman in the centre.
This is what I would go with.

Playing with both freeman and Eze makes us too narrow, if we play wide men it should hopefully create more space for whoever is playing the central role.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?