The Truth......

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

The Truth......

Post by ANDREW1302 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:04 am

Last night was about as bad as it gets and we seem to be suffering the usual Maclaren - a great coach but once things go wrong he doesn't have motivational skills. The issue about him and the future of the club is where the reality lies . This is what i hear:
1 We are allowed to lose under FFP and right now next season we are down for losing £4m more than the allowable amount [Figures are about right i think!]. We have to sell in the summer and any player where an offer over £1m is made will be considered
2 The rubbish talked about Linford Christie is about the same as the Car Auction site. TF has fallen out with the council . They don't trust him , like him or appreciate his bullying. As i said re the car auction site this is all a pipe dream. The council would like QPR to stay in the area especially for the work the Trust does but they will not be doing TF any favours.Unless there is a radical shift forget it.
3 We hear all these stories about the kids which is really hype to appease the fans. We have some ok ones probably League 1, bottom Championship standard but v little which is going to set the world alight. If the fans believe though then that is enough.Eze was the great hope but frankly he looks pretty ordinary right now.
4 Bhatia is chairman but absolutely will not be investing further. Ruben is the unknown one. He has lost a fortune doesn't want to invest more so what does he do? Who knows. TF struts around but is just best out of the way.
5 Maclaren i don't know so speculation. Can the club afford to sack him? Who is the alternative ie who would want to come! If he loses badly at Hull my guess is there will be a discussion but Championship status may not be as important as financial considerations.
6 Training ground. For those not financial astute read this! The current idea is to offer the fans some sort of bond secured against the club and the training ground and they will pay for the improvements. This is a con. The club is insolvent and the training ground worth nothing like the necessary investment. As i have said before the ground is owned separately and there will be no surety to any loan from this company.If it happens avoid it. It is an insult to the fans and a very high risk venture.

The bottom line is we are a League 1/bottom Championship side at best and there is nothing to suggest we are going to improve on that. We may struggle and survive this year but the way things are we will drop in due course unless we discover a Taarabt or get some v good loans in.There is no money. TF completely mismanaged the club and anyone who still thinks he is a 'good bloke' have a word with the Council! Right now the reality is we are going nowhere , TF created an unreal mess which will take years to sort and a lot of luck. I can't say if we will survive on the pitch but i would say survival off the pitch is of concern.Lee Hoos is trying his best but beware a job offer for him. I have been around the club since 1968 and these are as bleak a times as there have been. Pray for a couple of good results in the next few weeks and some v good loan signings in the summer. If we go down this year will Ruben right it all off? Time will tell.

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: The Truth......

Post by Crabsandwich » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:10 am

What is the name of the separate company that owns the ground? I've tried searching for this info but can't find it.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:15 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:04 am
5 Maclaren i don't know so speculation. Can the club afford to sack him? Who is the alternative ie who would want to come! If he loses badly at Hull my guess is there will be a discussion but Championship status may not be as important as financial considerations.
Relegation to L1 would mean a guaranteed drop in income of the best part of £5M, so if it comes down to that or sacking him, I'd say that was a fairly easy choice.

Sadly, I can't disagree with much of the rest of your post.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:18 am

"We have to sell in the summer and any player where an offer over £1m is made will be considered"

So you are saying we would consider a £1m offer for Freeman (after turning down over £4m last summer)' Eze or Luongo?
Lex Talionis........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:38 am

FFP is killing us. It is designed to kill the ambition and progress of clubs like ours. It must be illegal.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Montag wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:38 am
FFP is killing us. It is designed to kill the ambition and progress of clubs like ours. It must be illegal.
Many of us have been saying this for a long time but I think we have assume that it's the law laid down by either the EFL, UEFA or both. If your club wants to play in our competition then these are our rules.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:45 pm

I wasn't aware of Ruben having lost money, his fortune comes from Westports which seems to be growing and doing ok.

The last thing I read from Dave Mc last year was that Ruben had increased his shareholding in QPR becoming the majority shareholder and it was him funding the club.

Whether that has changed or not since then I don't know but the very recently published Forbes Malaysian Rich List shows that Fernandes personal wealth has decreased from $745 million to $530 and Kamarudin Meranun's from $735 to $520.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:13 pm
Montag wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:38 am
Many of us have been saying this for a long time but I think we have assume that it's the law laid down by either the EFL, UEFA or both. If your club wants to play in our competition then these are our rules.
UEFA may not like it but the law of the land overrides any rules from them.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Answers!

When we get a bid of £1m plus it will be considered not necessarily accepted. Clearly Freeman will go for more but knowing the pressure we are under i imagine someone will get him for around £6m

When i said Ruben and his money i meant how much more will he invest in QPR. There is always the option of saying enough.

Re name of co i have it but have misplaced it! What i know is that it has one loan i believe from Barclays which is well below its value for resi of over £20m.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:33 pm

All sounds really grim. Essentially from a financial point of view we swim in the same
seas as say a club like Millwall who are for ever struggling to garner a decent side.
Alas we've reached that sorry impasse.
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:33 pm
All sounds really grim. Essentially from a financial point of view we swim in the same
seas as say a club like Millwall who are for ever struggling to garner a decent side.
I'd rather be in Millwall's position. We are staring down the barrel on and off the pitch by the sounds of Andrew's post.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Damien wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
I'd rather be in Millwall's position. We are staring down the barrel on and off the pitch by the sounds of Andrew's post.
That's because it suits your moribund outlook.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:51 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm
Damien wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:
Are you some kind of Life Coach by day, or are you really just a pompous prick?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Damien wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:51 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm
Damien wrote:
Are you some kind of Life Coach by day, or are you really just a pompous prick?
No, just a normal person who can find some positivity in life no matter what gets thrown at me. It is what stops me from turning into dreary harbinger of doom that you have been for years. Here's a bit of free life coaching for you though; if there is something in your life that is bringing you down and making you as miserable as you seem to be, then let it go and find something which makes you happy... no-one deserves to live the miserable existence that you portray on here.
As a famous Greek philosopher once said; don't worry, be happy.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:12 pm
As a famous Greek philosopher once said; don't worry, be happy.
Sorry Mike but I think you will find it was an American philosopher, Bobby McFerrin.