POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply

Should McClaren Be Sacked Now / The End Of The Season?

Yes
21
37%
No
36
63%
 
Total votes: 57

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6350
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by QPR_John » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:52 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:19 am
QPR_John wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:02 am
So to sum up no we cannot be any worse off with a change of manager.
How short is your memory ? You might improve things, but it's a complete gamble.
I did not say a change of manager might improve things as you well know I said a change of manager would not make
things worse. Maybe you should have read all my post to the end

"But it is too late to change the manager now with only 7 games to go, who would want it, nobody wants a relegation on their CV which is possible. Lets revisit this at the end of season."

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6350
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by QPR_John » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:02 am
So to sum up no we cannot be any worse off with a change of manager.

And yet every time we've changed the manager we are worse off.
But this time do you think we could be any worse. ( trying hard not to mimic Chandler Bing )

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5280
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by Rbee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:59 pm

If we lose the next two games then we are really in the brown stuff especially when you look at our remaining fixtures.

The board has to decide whether to stick or twist.

I can't see the QPR job appealing to many so I think we have to stick and cross our fingers.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20821
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:02 am
So to sum up no we cannot be any worse off with a change of manager.

And yet every time we've changed the manager we are worse off.
This^^^.
I was discussing this last night outside after the game and between six of us not one could think of a time where we have sacked a manager and went on a winning run. We have, however, had new managers that went on losing runs and the fans claim it was because of what he had to work with, which begs the question; if it is the materials then why are we getting rid of the craftsman?
Are we heading back to the days of the QPR Calendar having a different manager for each month? They were such joyous times IIRC.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20821
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:59 pm
If we lose the next two games then we are really in the brown stuff especially when you look at our remaining fixtures.

The board has to decide whether to stick or twist.

I can't see the QPR job appealing to many so I think we have to stick and cross our fingers.
I am really hoping that they don't get Gareth Ainsworth in whilst we are in such a parlous state; imagine playing his hoofball and not getting any results? We have destroyed enough ex QPR players as managers to last a lifetime. Please spare him.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5280
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by Rbee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:52 pm

I think Gareth is far too sensible to be tempted to QPR at the moment.

I hope you are not including Waddock on that list, he was just a bad manager.

User avatar
willesdenr
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:00 pm

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by willesdenr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:59 pm

It won't happen as we can't afford it.

User avatar
Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by Monkey » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:11 pm

He’s clueless, the sooner he’s out of our club the better IMO
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by White Duck » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Actually now (or this summer) is the perfect time to get Ainsworth: expectations amongst most of the fanbase have never been so low and the benchmark for our playing performances are at rock bottom too. He's also taken Wycombe as far as he can IMO.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 2055
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by Lee Gib » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:01 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:37 pm
Lee Gib wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:02 am
So to sum up no we cannot be any worse off with a change of manager.

And yet every time we've changed the manager we are worse off.
This^^^.
I was discussing this last night outside after the game and between six of us not one could think of a time where we have sacked a manager and went on a winning run. We have, however, had new managers that went on losing runs and the fans claim it was because of what he had to work with, which begs the question; if it is the materials then why are we getting rid of the craftsman?
Are we heading back to the days of the QPR Calendar having a different manager for each month? They were such joyous times IIRC.
I've said it many times on this board, with every sacking our league position has got worse. The only season our league position improved was last season, the one after we didn't sack Holloway (after which we sacked him of course :roll: ). We are now seemingly intent on reaching rock bottom. Last nights result was, for me, the worst result of the season. Worse than WBA, worse than Bristol City at home and worse than Brum. Something has to change soon because if we are this crap against Rotherham at home we have little hope of picking up another point this season.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13024
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by dm » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Given the current state the club is in, and will be for the foreseeable future, I cannot imagine a manager capable of improving us would want the job. We'll have to stick with SMc.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by deadendjob » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:13 pm
Given the current state the club is in, and will be for the foreseeable future, I cannot imagine a manager capable of improving us would want the job. We'll have to stick with SMc.
This is very much it for me. Till the end of the season at the minimum.

I really don't know how SMC's had such a fall from grace, given we were playing excellent football and in the playoffs, to where we are now.
Image

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 850
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by Northolt_Rs » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Clearly McClaren has no idea either.....it must’ve just been luck that we managed to click in a few games. 9 defeats in 11 games would see him canned at any other club in the football league.

User avatar
Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 8055
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by Mr Beef » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:02 am
So to sum up no we cannot be any worse off with a change of manager.

And yet every time we've changed the manager we are worse off.
Yep. And we're not in the bottom three, so it could of course be worse.

Not a big fan of McClaren, but with the financial restraints we'll have in place next season, whoever is in charge next season will struggle to keep us up. There's no magic wand for the position the club is currently in.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by White Duck » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:05 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:13 pm
Given the current state the club is in, and will be for the foreseeable future, I cannot imagine a manager capable of improving us would want the job. We'll have to stick with SMc.
I really disagree with this 'he's the best we can get and no-one else would want the job' kind of thing. Just not correct IMO.
Lex Talionis........

Post Reply