POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Should McClaren Be Sacked Now / The End Of The Season?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 51

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:07 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pm
White Duck wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:55 am
Yes let's just give up and accept relegation next season (assuming we don't somehow conjure a way to go down this season) :roll:

I hope the owners and directors have more about them and take the necessary action to make us competitive and secure in this division which is the minimum our club should find acceptable.
I'm sure we all hope that, but our income drops by around £16M next season, so being competitive and secure will by definition become harder, for whoever is in the manager's seat.
A fact that many are blind to. What some fans will accept and the reality of the situation are at very distant odds to each other. It's alright hoping for some kind of pipedream scenario but I am at a complete loss as to what that action could possibly be given the circumstances.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:29 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:07 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
White Duck wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:55 am
Yes let's just give up and accept relegation next season (assuming we don't somehow conjure a way to go down this season) :roll:

I hope the owners and directors have more about them and take the necessary action to make us competitive and secure in this division which is the minimum our club should find acceptable.
I'm sure we all hope that, but our income drops by around £16M next season, so being competitive and secure will by definition become harder, for whoever is in the manager's seat.
A fact that many are blind to. What some fans will accept and the reality of the situation are at very distant odds to each other. It's alright hoping for some kind of pipedream scenario but I am at a complete loss as to what that action could possibly be given the circumstances.

You can carry on with your defeatist attitude and expectations then and will no doubt be full of 'I told you so' if the doomsday scenarios happen that you expect. Lets hope the owners etc can sort out the mess we are currently in and do not have your shrugging the shoulders, there's nothing we can do/lets just carry on regardless attitude.
Lex Talionis........

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:46 pm

White Duck wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:29 pm
You can carry on with your defeatist attitude and expectations then and will no doubt be full of 'I told you so' if the doomsday scenarios happen that you expect. Lets hope the owners etc can sort out the mess we are currently in and do not have your shrugging the shoulders, there's nothing we can do/lets just carry on regardless attitude.
The owners have put us in the mess we're currently in, and show little inclination to do much beyond damage limitation. What would you suggest we do as fans ? I don't see moaning on messageboards as being likely to change much.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm

White Duck wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:

There you go with "let's hope" again. Relegation isn't a Doomsday scenario, going out of business is. If I end up going to watch games against teams from the next division down then that is what I will do. I can do nothing financially to get us out of this hole, all I can do is keep supporting them, what exactly is it that you "hope" can be done? Plucking gems from somewhere and selling them for vast profits is the only solution I can see and that, most certainly, isn't an exact science.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm
White Duck wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

There you go with "let's hope" again. Relegation isn't a Doomsday scenario, going out of business is. If I end up going to watch games against teams from the next division down then that is what I will do. I can do nothing financially to get us out of this hole, all I can do is keep supporting them, what exactly is it that you "hope" can be done? Plucking gems from somewhere and selling them for vast profits is the only solution I can see and that, most certainly, isn't an exact science.
Relegation is fine then? Oh ok: lets hope SMc keeps the current abysmal form going and you will have a field day slagging off unhappy QPR fans on here and LFW. :roll:
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:17 pm

White Duck wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:15 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm
White Duck wrote:

Relegation is fine then? Oh ok: lets hope SMc keeps the current abysmal form going and you will have a field day slagging off unhappy QPR fans on here and LFW. :roll:
You seem to delight in twisting my words, is this your web based equivalent to pulling pigtails? You STILL haven't offered a viable solution, which is no surprise, you refused to accept that our ex melt faced manager was a crook too.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:01 pm

I really don't need to twist your words: a lot of what you write is easy to disagree with and shown to be incorrect and quite often offensive to other supporters.

The solution starts with SMc getting the team, formation, tactics and in game management right so we finish the season strongly and end this abysmal run. If he can't do this then get rid of him asap and employ someone else to do the above and coach and get the best out of the playing squad. Then we keep our fingers crossed for next season: there are no certainties in football and no-one, not even you, knows for certain what the financial situation is and what it really means for the club.

And where is your proof that Redknapp is a crook? Has he been found guilty of anything illegal? If not then I suggest you keep your accusations to yourself eh?
Lex Talionis........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:53 am
Wednesday’s performance was so far below acceptable that he, and his 87 coaches, should have been gone that night.

Of course the bigger problem is that the people above him think that Hasselbaink was a better choice for the job than Warnock, so they’ll invariably appoint another dud anyway.
The cretinism has been truly breathtaking.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:14 pm

You know I kind of always hoped that QPR, or any decent sized organisation looked beyond a hire and then fingers crossed approach.

Fwiw shouldn't we give a manager some proper time to at least have a chance to build something.

Don't get me wrong, the last 20 years as a fan have been great for promotion and relegation, but a huge lack of committment to a manager.

QPR_Dan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by QPR_Dan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 pm

McClaren is the right man for the job and hopefully he will be given the time he needs by the board.

The number of games has taken its toll recently. Had Cameron and Rangel stayed fit I am sure we would already be on 50 points and that would have been considered a good benchmark at the start of the season.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:07 pm

Continuously hiring and firing hasn't worked. We gave IH 2 years, we've given SMC a two year contract, i think we should see where that gets us. I don't really see a viable alternative either. I definitely don't think we should sack him now. I'm privy to very little at QPR but i have it on good authority that SMC is very popular with the playing staff. Ok, the results haven't been there for a while but i'd be concerned that firing him might backfire massively.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:50 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:46 pm
White Duck wrote:
The owners have put us in the mess we're currently in, and show little inclination to do much beyond damage limitation. What would you suggest we do as fans ? I don't see moaning on messageboards as being likely to change much.
Mess? What mess?

We got a hefty fine for breaking FFP. Has anyone been on the phone to ask you personally to help pay that bill? We are solvent, tomorrow Bolton might go under (now that really is a mess). On the pitch, we are where we are - a mid table Championship team. On the plus side, for the first time in ages we look like we might have some decent youngsters making the grade, and looking even further forward - players we can sell for a bob or two.

As for Steve MacLaren ... He has taken us to the 5th round of the FA Cup for the FIRST TIME THIS CENTURY! He also has become the FIRST QPR Manager to WIN AT FOREST! Those two things alone should give him a lot of slack. We won't go down, and realistically did anyone think we would be promoted at the start of the season? After 4 games we all thought we'd be leaving via the trapdoor. So, credit to Steve M for recovering from the worst start in our history. And before anyone tries to use that as a stick to beat him with - we were very unlucky against both Preston and Sheffield united, and 100% deserved something from those games. WBA is best forgotten about - I was there, and I still don't know what happened.

As for the owners doing something? What do you suggest? We could spend squillions on proven new players in the summer to ensure we win promotion next year. Oh hang on ... we tried that and look what happened. There is also the little matter of FFP - they would throw the book at us if we transgressed again. So please, explain what you mean by:

The owners have put us in the mess we're currently in, and show little inclination to do much beyond damage limitation.

I'm genuinely interested in what you think they should be doing.

Oh, yes - they have also got us a new training ground, and are trying to negotiate a site for a new stadium a stone's throw from our current one. How very dare they!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:07 pm
I'm privy to very little at QPR but i have it on good authority that SMC is very popular with the playing staff.
Perhaps part of the problem. Many of the performances have been disgusting, and the players need a rocket
instead of the softly softly approach.

Daniel Farke @ Norwich and Nuno Espírito Santo @ Wolves simply would not tolerate the lack of urgency in the
Stoke or Rotherham games.

Do we have to hire British managers? Can we not hire a foreign coach with possibly fresh ideas like the above mentioned 2?
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:05 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:56 pm
Satch wrote:
I'm privy to very little at QPR but i have it on good authority that SMC is very popular with the playing staff.
Perhaps part of the problem. Many of the performances have been disgusting, and the players need a rocket

Daniel Farke @ Norwich and Nuno Espírito Santo @ Wolves simply would not tolerate the lack of urgency in the

Do we have to hire British managers? Can we not hire a foreign coach with possibly fresh ideas like the above mentioned 2?
We had a young Dutch manager; the fans wanted him gone before he started the job properly. Are you seeing a pattern?

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:47 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:05 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:56 pm
Satch wrote:

We had a young Dutch manager; the fans wanted him gone before he started the job properly. Are you seeing a pattern?
Touche aniclap aniclap

I read another post where someone reckoned he'd told the players he was leaving at the end of the season and they'd downed tools...

I'd rather have players wanting to win for the man in charge rather than hate him ...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....