POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Should McClaren Be Sacked Now / The End Of The Season?

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes: 57

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by SM » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 am

Just reading comments and messages online, and it seems like last night was the final straw for a lot of fans.

I hate the manager merry-go-round that we’ve had for far too long, but this run of results (and performances) are completely unacceptable.

I’m just interested to see the opinion of fellow dot.org members...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: POLL: McClaren... Stay or Go?

Post by IJM » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:28 am

Go now, we can't be any worse off even if we get a temp in between now and the end of the season.

Any Manager who loses 9 out of 11 against such opposition as Wigan, Preston, Birmingham, Rotherham etc deserves the boot. I've never been a SM supporter but was willing to give him the benefit of doubt, and I struggled with that at the beginning of the season, but now especially since 1st Jan, he's got to go.

What chances of any points at Hull this weekend ?

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:35 am

IJM wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:28 am
Go now, we can't be any worse off even if we get a temp in between now and the end of the season.
Seriously ? With our record of new manager bounce ? :roll:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:49 am

Assuming results and performances remain at the current level then hopefully he'll resign at the end of the season but if not then yes he needs to be pushed. SMc has a reputation for performing poorly in the 2nd half of seasons and he has certainly enhanced that reputation with us. Spent most of the game sunk into his seat last night with seemingly no ideas as to how to turn the performance around: the changes he made were far too late.
Lex Talionis........

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:59 am

Had that corner in injury time gone in.... The board would be different this morning...

It was a debacle as said the changes felt too late and it really was a bad game to watch...

Rotherham were as bad but deserved their win...

Unreal when you look at the performance against Leeds...

Not for sacking yet and you wonder if Uncle Tony wants another change... (Don't believe in Amit being in charge now)
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:02 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:35 am
IJM wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:28 am
Seriously ? With our record of new manager bounce ? :roll:
I think the rot set in with the Reading game. I got the feeling after that the game that the opposition had learnt how to stop us scoring and apart from the second half against Birmingham we have never found a way of overcoming that. The fact we cannot overcome that with the same players is a tactical problem and down to the manager. Before Reading we had 37 points and were looking to a possible playoff place but at least a comfortable end of season. 13 games with only 6 points and 12 goals with 35 conceded since puts us where we are. The chance of relegation is becoming uncomfortable high with every game. Bolton and Ipswich are down but can you be sure one of the other 4 will not get 8 points. The performance against Stoke and last night does not give you any confidence of us getting any more points. Stats are not on our side 9 times in the last 16 seasons a team has been relegated with more than 43 points. So to sum up no we cannot be any worse off with a change of manager. But it is too late to change the manager now with only 7 games to go, who would want it, nobody wants a relegation on their CV which is possible. Lets revisit this at the end of season.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:19 am

QPR_John wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:02 am
So to sum up no we cannot be any worse off with a change of manager.
How short is your memory ? You might improve things, but it's a complete gamble.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:24 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:19 am
QPR_John wrote:
How short is your memory ? You might improve things, but it's a complete gamble.
Results could hardly be any worse than what we have achieved over the last two and a half months and there is absolutely no indication the current manager will improve them. Relegation form. A new manager would have to go some to get worse results.
Lex Talionis........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:34 am

Perhaps we should be looking at the Duff DoF. The one who got rid of Warnock in favour of a 2nd wooden plank in order to waste up the parachute money. Cardiff are in the PL and we are in the sheiser.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:37 am

I would keep him till the end of the season and see if he can turn things around from now till then. We are not going down this season unless absolutely everything goes against us.
If SMc isn't able to turn things round in the final part of the season then a new manager is needed to make a fresh start pre-season.
20 years ago I probably would have said ''sack him now!' but we have seen that QPR doesn't do new manager bounces and things could even get worse.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:47 am

....well, I have always defended him, but yesterday evening I was baffled by his starting line-up, his team selection and his tactics (or lack of).
Then after a very poor first half I was expecting at least a couple of changes, instead nothing until we went 1-0 down....then Nahki and Pavel came in - AT LAST - and we started playing a little bit....got to score - guess who provided the chance ? - and finalized by probably our best guy, the one who always ran and gave all, chasing all the balls - contrary of most of his mate that wandered around the pitch WATCHING the ball and never attacking the opposition or chasing the ball (Eze just for one).

Then I was expecting to see us going for the winner - 5 minutes left - instead we seated back, letting R'ham play...and get it..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:47 am
....well, I have always defended him, but yesterday evening I was baffled by his starting line-up, his team selection and his tactics (or lack of).
Then after a very poor first half I was expecting at least a couple of changes, instead nothing until we went 1-0 down....then Nahki and Pavel came in - AT LAST - and we started playing a little bit....got to score - guess who provided the chance ? - and finalized by probably our best guy, the one who always ran and gave all, chasing all the balls - contrary of most of his mate that wandered around the pitch WATCHING the ball and never attacking the opposition or chasing the ball (Eze just for one).

Then I was expecting to see us going for the winner - 5 minutes left - instead we seated back, letting R'ham play...and get it..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Pav for Hemed seemed the obvious choice for me, as we still needed someone who could win a header and Pav is actually better at that than Hemed, not to mention being a much, much better player all round
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by sparkypark » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Failing to put Pav on earlier, to give the team more speed and direction, was unbelievable. Leaving Eze on the pitch so long - outmuscled and losing the ball aganst bigger, tougher players - for so long was unbelievable.

I would not sack SM, but I would talk to him about what support he needs to get this team working consistently and coherently. After all, there won’t be a queue of managers wanting to come to us, but SM and his management team are not working well.

It was also noticeable last night how noisy the Rotherham players were. They weren’t a skilful bunch, but they were shouting, offering themselves as options to the player on the ball, and making sure everyone knew where everyone was. It’s called motivation. In contrast our players moved about quietly, sideways and backwards, losing the ball or punting it into places where we had no-one.
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:41 pm

For what it's worth here are my thoughts.
7 or 8 games into our poor run of Sat/Tues games each week, I recall SMC saying he was looking forward to a week on the training ground with the players to stop the bad habits. He had that week before the Stoke game and said " we have had a great week on the training ground".
So, up next was the Stoke game, 8 minutes into that match we were playing against 10 men at home, my question would be, if this Ex England coach is that good , how can he not organise us to score at least one goal in what is basically a training situation that he must have gone through hundreds of times during his career.
Turning to last night. Once again, he sends the players out to start the match, they should be at it from the first whistle, but they always start so slowly... why is this ? At half time we were crying out for a couple of subs, but we all knew this would not happen until we were losing, which of course is just what happened, so we end up chasing the game again.
I am far from convinced with SMC, but haven't got a clue who I would want to replace him, or put it another way... who the hell would want the job?
On the bright side of things, BOS looked good last night, Cameron & Angel should be back soon & we do have the BFG and Freeman at least until the end of the season.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm

QPR_John wrote:

And yet every time we've changed the manager we are worse off.