How bad was that?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

How bad was that?

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:42 pm

Well we know is was the worst in 68 years.

On the upside I chose not to take my 6 guests to W12 - I took them to the Newcastle game 2 years ago and watched us get thumped 6:0 nil odd and felt disinclined to watch it again...thats north of £1000 the club didn't get tonight and I'm mighty glad it didn't. Which in itself is sad as I should be proud of taking guests to my club and see them put on a show and make an effort, apparently neither of which happened.

68 years Rotherham have been waiting for this...that's my lifetime which say something ( I'm unsure what) but what I am perplexed by is if Manning is good enough for the Rotherham team and is recalled but can't get in the Rangers team logic tells you we have better players than him in the squad.

Obviously not.

Somebody shake my club out of its malaise, it's dying on it's feet. If that means management changes, player re-organization, playing style so be it. Well done to all who went but I don't think you'll be seeing me there for a (long) while and I suspect many others like me. My regular visits and ST holding days are long gone as I live further away but I'd like to think Rangers is and ever will be in my heart and for those regular supporters I wish you well, but after a result like that I struggle to see any financial upside for some months - next season maybe IF we're still in the Championship naughty
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: How bad was that?

Post by beaglebum » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:53 pm

I was so proud of the team after the last gasp Bristol city defeat. I felt we were so unlucky but could see they were trying so hard.. Tonight I just feel so angry about the team and the whole performance of late and lack of cohesion and passion. I'm well pissed off.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:20 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:42 pm
Well we know is was the worst in 68 years.

On the upside I chose not to take my 6 guests to W12 - I took them to the Newcastle game 2 years ago and watched us get thumped 6:0 nil odd and felt disinclined to watch it again...thats north of £1000 the club didn't get tonight and I'm mighty glad it didn't. Which in itself is sad as I should be proud of taking guests to my club and see them put on a show and make an effort, apparently neither of which happened.

68 years Rotherham have been waiting for this...that's my lifetime which say something ( I'm unsure what) but what I am perplexed by is if Manning is good enough for the Rotherham team and is recalled but can't get in the Rangers team logic tells you we have better players than him in the squad.

Obviously not.

Somebody shake my club out of its malaise, it's dying on it's feet. If that means management changes, player re-organization, playing style so be it. Well done to all who went but I don't think you'll be seeing me there for a (long) while and I suspect many others like me. My regular visits and ST holding days are long gone as I live further away but I'd like to think Rangers is and ever will be in my heart and for those regular supporters I wish you well, but after a result like that I struggle to see any financial upside for some months - next season maybe IF we're still in the Championship naughty
We had someone who was well equipped to work within our means. Sadly he wasn't considered the best person to continue.
Come on you Sooopa ........

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:01 am

We had someone who was well equipped to work within our means. Sadly he wasn't considered the best person to continue.
Make no mistake, it was right to let Holloway go - the football under him was absolutely dire - I go every week (hoping) to be entertained and that was not happening at all under Ollie - he seemed to have totally lost any plot he may once have had.

McClaren had us playing well before Christmas and we were becoming good to watch but now...

I just don't understand how Manager's can lose their way so badly and not even seem to realise that it is going wrong until it is too late.

Since Christmas it has been a severe case of the "if we keep doing the same thing perhaps we'll get a different outcome this time" :roll:

Tonight we were poor against a pretty awful Rotherham side who grew in confidence as the game went on as they realised just how bad we were and that it was OK if they attacked us as we were unlikely to do anything to threaten them - there was certainly no danger of a quick break.

I really expected Cameron to come on at half time to give us some control and composure in the middle but there were no substitutions at all until after Rotherham scored in the 71st minute and even then it was a like for like approach and no tactical change!

Most QPR fans have been perplexed as to why Pawel has been the man most likely to get subbed in each game when he has been playing well but tonight he was on the bench and only finally got brought on in the 80th minute and was instrumental in creating our goal - if we can see these things at the time, let alone when reviewing the tapes during the week, why can't they?

Before Christmas I was worried that due to a taking a month long holiday in April I was going to miss Play-Off matches and FA Cup heroics but now the only thing to look forward to at Loftus Road appears to be struggle and boredom.

Come on R's and prove me wrong!
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:33 am

..I cannot understand how Cousins and Eze can start before Pavel and Wells.....then after the match I was at the C&S talking with a guest from
abroad, a guy that had been at LR for the first time ever. He is a football coach at lower levels but still he said he was shocked by the "basic errors" he saw in our squad !! :roll: :roll: :shock: :oops:

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:07 am

I guess 5 points from a possible 36 in 2019 does suggest some "basic errors"...possibly starting with team selection, tactics, motivation and substitutions.

I find it hard to believe that two injuries, albeit to key (loan) players, have resulted in such a negative impact. Surely a coach worthy of the name can come up with an acceptable, effective plan B over the course of 12 games (16 if we count the Cup games)?
Question everything.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am

When u look at it, it's the same team that lost the first 4 games of the season. The only difference is we now have an out of form/confidence Wells and Hemed up front as opposed to Washington, Smith and Sylla.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 am

beaglebum wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am
When u look at it, it's the same team that lost the first 4 games of the season. The only difference is we now have an out of form/confidence Wells and Hemed up front as opposed to Washington, Smith and Sylla.
...in fact it looks that we are back to August 2018...whereas Nov and Dec gave us the illusion to have a decent squad.... :roll: :roll:

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:57 am

Inside the club, something has happened that we do not know about. It may well be something to do with next season. Fact, or rumour, it hardly matters. It has messed up the heads of players that have shown themselves capable of playing good football and are also capable of putting up more of a fight than some QPR teams of recent years. It simply does not make sense.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am

Giorgio wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 am
beaglebum wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am
...in fact it looks that we are back to August 2018...whereas Nov and Dec gave us the illusion to have a decent squad.... :roll: :roll:
The thing is we know they ARE capable of that type of high performance. However, over on LFW Clive made a good point that to achieve that level -being somewhat limited in ability for the most part- they had to always be on top of their game and giving it 100%, there is never any leeway for a drop in application or intensity and that is hard to maintain throughout the season, especially with younger players coming through, injuries, and fixture congestion (which included playing one top team after another, all of whom were in form). If we stay up I think we might do a bit better than some people think (not to say I think we'll pull up any trees).
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm

It's part of QPR's 50th celebration of our promotion to the top division for the first time in our history. Who will ever forget 1968-69 season?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

willesdenr

Post by willesdenr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:56 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm
It's part of QPR's 50th celebration of our promotion to the top division for the first time in our history. Who will ever forget 1968-69 season?
… and that last game at Villa which clinched it! :D Oh for those days again. Last night was one of the worst I can remember.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:28 pm

willesdenr wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:56 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm
… and that last game at Villa which clinched it! :D Oh for those days again. Last night was one of the worst I can remember.
Reading at home during torrential rain in the SIMOD cup or Vauxhall Motors for me.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:32 pm

kernowhoop wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:57 am
Inside the club, something has happened that we do not know about. It may well be something to do with next season. Fact, or rumour, it hardly matters. It has messed up the heads of players that have shown themselves capable of playing good football and are also capable of putting up more of a fight than some QPR teams of recent years. It simply does not make sense.
Clearly things have gone askew. Having two influential players out long term is a factor plus loads of ill-fortune. But it must be due, in large part, to so many players knowing that they will not be employed by Queens Park Rangers in a few months. You know, you and I would want to play well because of pride and putting ourselves in the shop window. Footballers, however have a different mindset. Like Westminster politicians, they live in a sort of bubble.
The future looks bleak. I have a half remembered song lyric going through my head “ the sun never shines on the poor “

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Now may be a good time to mention a couple of things:

- The last three games that Cameron and Rangel started resulted in 2 defeats and a draw - the latter being against Rotherham. It is pushing it a bit to imagine that the absence of either is the reason for our slump.

- Last night's team featured 10 of the 11 players who defeated Forest, with Scowen being the only absentee.

We clearly couldn't rouse ourselves to do what was required to defeat a very beatable Rotherham side, which is baffling because we clearly had the players to do it, and they lacked not for motivation a few months back. Maybe the losing streak has taken its toll, and the likes of Eze certainly seem less confident and willing to take risks.

What was really insane last night was the preference of almost every player (bar Eze) to hoof the ball aimlessly upward, about the only area in which Rotherham's team of giants were comfortable. The ironic cheers and mockery that greeted this routine was really quite startling - and thoroughly justified.