What the Furlong is going on!!!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Stateside Ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

What the Furlong is going on!!!

Post by Stateside Ranger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:41 pm

I know he’s the golden boy etc etc etc born and raised at the club blah blah blah

But let’s be honest

Furlong does not belong in our first team.

Get him out of the starting XI.

Put Rangel in a wheelbarrow and get him on the pitch.

What a thoroughly depressing game that was.

Well played Pav.

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: What the Furlong is going on!!!

Post by Southgate Hoop » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:51 pm

Thank you!! Been saying this for months. He plays like a school boy. Hoofs it clear whenever he’s near it and gives away so many stupid fouls!

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Post by karateelvis » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 pm

He can't be the only one playing badly at the moment?? Sounded like if Hemed & Wells would have took chances tonight, it could have been totally different.
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

Stateside Ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Stateside Ranger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:14 pm

karateelvis wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 pm
He can't be the only one playing badly at the moment?? Sounded like if Hemed & Wells would have took chances tonight, it could have been totally different.
Writing an angry message moments after an embarrassing home defeat is not the most balanced of views.

But it’s not just this game for Furlong.

Many people point to Cameron as the big difference between the better days before Xmas and now.

I think Rangel both from a playing and leadership view was equally and in some cases more important.

Furlong doesn’t have the same bite and ability. Everything is just so slow and pedestrian from him. Andy Sinton had just finished saying Furlong knew “exactly what he was doing” on the commentary when picking up a yellow card for a foul in a dangerous area in the last minute of injury time. Really? Looked like a stupid piece of play to me, without the hindsight of knowing it cost us 2 points.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:40 am

To be fair, SM left Furlong out on Saturday, but with Rangel injured, Cousins is the only other option at the moment, and most fans don't rate him either, and certainly not in that position. You're right about his defending for the second goal though. Very poor, although it was a nothing ball in that should have been defended better, and I thought Lumley should have stopped it. Depressing stuff.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 am

Furlong was dreadful yesterday, really bad.

But I still think he’s a decent player and one that is capable of playing at this level. We’re severely lacking confidence at the moment. The players are a lot better than what we’re seeing.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:52 am

SM wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 am
Furlong was dreadful yesterday, really bad.

But I still think he’s a decent player and one that is capable of playing at this level. We’re severely lacking confidence at the moment. The players are a lot better than what we’re seeing.
Agreed. There is no easy or obvious answer to explain our current malaise - typical Rangers...
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”