Queens Park Rangers v Rotherham United

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Rotherham United

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm
Damien wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:43 pm
So when we role over on Saturday and the they manage a win against the odds - the gap is down to 4 points I believe? We deserve to go down - and I won't shed any tears for the wasters on the pitch. McLaren should pay the ultimate price and be the one to lead us down.
I dont think it will be 4 points unless EVERYONE to the bottom 3 wins on Saturday but you can always hope huh?

However I will accept the word "debacle" tonight.... it really was!
It was a débâcle on Saturday and is one tonight.
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:00 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:54 pm
You have to wonder why we started with Hemed up front on his own. This was a game to take by the scruff of it's neck right from the start, which we didn't do. So, many poor passes - Bidwell's free kick in the first half WTF?

Furlong, why, why, why give a way a stupid needless foul just outside our area in the 93rd minute. Absolute rubbish decision making.

When will Rangel be fit?
At least the penny is dropping as regards the real ability and level of a lot of these players. I've said before and I'll say it again, a lot of these players have no mental strength or intelligence, and are over-rated by too many supporters. This is the perfect shit-term we are now seeing.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:59 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm
Damien wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:43 pm
So when we role over on Saturday and the they manage a win against the odds - the gap is down to 4 points I believe? We deserve to go down - and I won't shed any tears for the wasters on the pitch. McLaren should pay the ultimate price and be the one to lead us down.
I dont think it will be 4 points unless EVERYONE to the bottom 3 wins on Saturday but you can always hope huh?

However I will accept the word "debacle" tonight.... it really was!
It was a débâcle on Saturday and is one tonight.
Sorry Andy disagree on Saturday but tonight absolutely.....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:38 am

Damien wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 pm
Rbee wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:47 pm
222gers wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:28 pm
Is it that many of these players, for various reasons, know they won't be here next season ?
Not buying that, sorry. They seem to be a very close knit squad.

Simple case of the manager not getting the best out of his squad in my opinion.
Then he needs to go and get someone in who can get more out of them. If he can't, then it is the players fault as I secretly suspected. Think our club has completely lost its focus and is sleep-walking into L1.
Only last month the team gave their all and fought for the shirt against Watford, Bristol City and Leeds.

In September we conceded 5 goals in 5 games
In October we conceded 1 goal in 5 games

I know that we lost Rangel and Cameron to injuries but our form has been like a rollercoaster and our players are seemingly already in the pub during injury time.

Schteve is struggling seemingly unable to drill eleven professional footballers to defend, see out games until the end or show some decent tactical nous.

Lose the next two and Amit has a big decision to make.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 am

I reckon McLaren has already told the players he is off in the summer - hence they no longer feel the need to listen to him. They have downed tools like the spoiled brats most footballers are IMHO.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 am

Watching on TV, I could not believe the number of times when, having moved the ball forward towards the final third, it was simply lobbed high into the penalty area. For that to be the main tactic, when we had skilful players like Freeman, Eze and Osayi-Samuel on the pitch at the same time was hard to understand. It was lazy thinking.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 am

Damien wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 am
I reckon McLaren has already told the players he is off in the summer - hence they no longer feel the need to listen to him. They have downed tools like the spoiled brats most footballers are IMHO.
I get that people are worried and pissed off at this point. I would think we all are. But honestly,where do conspiracy theories like this come from ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:32 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:38 am
Lose the next two and Amit has a big decision to make.
I can comfortably say that the Hull game is a loss after the last 2 fiascos @ HQ
We may nab a point against Bolton, which makes any decision that much more difficult.
Staff Benda Bilili

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:47 am

Personally I don't think he will go anywhere. Currently we are where we should be in the league, lower mid table.

The really strange thing is as soon as the younger players were shipped out on loan our form dipped. Why? Also strange when SMc was brought in to develop them yet he is playing the same team predominantly as Holloway.did/would. And the scary thing is we will lose Freeman, Eze and Luongo most likely in the summer. The young players will come back but they clearly don't have what it takes to make up the bulk of this team as yet and so if we survive this season I can't see us surviving next. So it is a big worry as to what the future holds. Also interesting as to why Amit, Les, TF etc have been so quiet of late.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:23 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 am
Damien wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 am
I get that people are worried and pissed off at this point. I would think we all are. But honestly,where do conspiracy theories like this come from ?
Damien's posts are quite bizarre at times..

Complete prize plum
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:58 am

beaglebum wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:47 am
Personally I don't think he will go anywhere. Currently we are where we should be in the league, lower mid table.

The really strange thing is as soon as the younger players were shipped out on loan our form dipped. Why? Also strange when SMc was brought in to develop them yet he is playing the same team predominantly as Holloway.did/would. And the scary thing is we will lose Freeman, Eze and Luongo most likely in the summer. The young players will come back but they clearly don't have what it takes to make up the bulk of this team as yet and so if we survive this season I can't see us surviving next. So it is a big worry as to what the future holds. Also interesting as to why Amit, Les, TF etc have been so quiet of late.
I agree. If you'd said to people at the start of the season that we'd be 18th in mid-March, I doubt many would have been surprised. The fact we were over-achieving by flirting with the play-offs around Xmas / New Year makes that easy to forget. I think you're right about next season too. Hard to see anything much beyond a serious struggle.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?