Youngsters coming through.

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Youngsters coming through.

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:40 am

Dalling has been one of my favourites to watch this season and it was refreshing to read this interview on the official with him. Despite the continual social media lambastings from so called fans, there are an awful lot of things being done properly at QPR these last few years.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-ne ... e-dalling/
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Youngsters coming through.

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:57 am

I've read some threads on this board this morning with almost a sense of despair....

I don't always agree with Esox on a lot of things but he seems a breath of fresh air compared to the comments I've read this morning of "debacle" and our "scouting is crap"...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Thank you for that. I understand your despair; yesterday some "fan", from the East Coast I think, was spouting loudly that we should just go out and spend £20m to win the league and the FL an go and wander themselves. It's hard to know where to begin when that level of crass stupidity is being exhibited. I just posted a link to the FL rules regarding FFP and profit & sustainabilty and noted that were we to follow his sage advice we could be thrown out of the league to below the Conference. There are a couple of posters who don't really post on here much but I see them before each game and one of them was saying about the bollocks being posted on Twitter re QPR, the other one said "What you have to realise is that QPR has more than it's fair share of complete cünts who think they are fans" Hard to disagree with that. On the other side I have around 250300 people who I have met and come to know well over my years going to QPR and I would consider them as my family on matchdays. I was very grateful to a lot of them when I was going through some real issues after my daughter in law died suddenly and the support was palpable. A big thank you to all of them.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:51 pm
Thank you for that. I understand your despair; yesterday some "fan", from the East Coast I think, was spouting loudly that we should just go out and spend £20m to win the league and the FL an go and wander themselves. It's hard to know where to begin when that level of crass stupidity is being exhibited. I just posted a link to the FL rules regarding FFP and profit & sustainabilty and noted that were we to follow his sage advice we could be thrown out of the league to below the Conference. There are a couple of posters who don't really post on here much but I see them before each game and one of them was saying about the bollocks being posted on Twitter re QPR, the other one said "What you have to realise is that QPR has more than it's fair share of complete cünts who think they are fans" Hard to disagree with that. On the other side I have around 250300 people who I have met and come to know well over my years going to QPR and I would consider them as my family on matchdays. I was very grateful to a lot of them when I was going through some real issues after my daughter in law died suddenly and the support was palpable. A big thank you to all of them.
" I just posted a link to the FL rules regarding FFP and profit & sustainabilty and noted that were we to follow his sage advice we could be thrown out of the league to below the Conference. "

Thanks for the effort to find that out. I've supported this club for more years than I care to remember and while we were a small club in the old Third Division South days there was always the possibility to dream. That dream came true for a while and I'm loathe to list the great players that have graced the hoops for fear of missing somebody out. FFP has killed that dream and while we may have youngsters coming through if they are that good then the FA have given us a double penalty by making it easier for the bigger clubs to hoover up these young players. We cannot buy and we cannot hold onto any real good young players, the dream has gone.

Sorry for the rant about FFP in this thread but I really am sick of it.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:15 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
There are a couple of posters who don't really post on here much but I see them before each game and one of them was saying about the bollocks being posted on Twitter re QPR, the other one said "What you have to realise is that QPR has more than it's fair share of complete cünts who think they are fans" Hard to disagree with that.
You think it's fine and acceptable calling fellow supporters that? Just because they have different opinions about QPR than you do.
Lex Talionis........

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:53 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:15 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
There are a couple of posters who don't really post on here much but I see them before each game and one of them was saying about the bollocks being posted on Twitter re QPR, the other one said "What you have to realise is that QPR has more than it's fair share of complete cünts who think they are fans" Hard to disagree with that.
You think it's fine and acceptable calling fellow supporters that? Just because they have different opinions about QPR than you do.
Wouldn't expect anything else from this pompous, self-righteous bore. Thank God most R's supporters aren't like him.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:43 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:41 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
" I just posted a link to the FL rules regarding FFP and profit & sustainabilty and noted that were we to follow his sage advice we could be thrown out of the league to below the Conference. "

Thanks for the effort to find that out. I've supported this club for more years than I care to remember and while we were a small club in the old Third Division South days there was always the possibility to dream. That dream came true for a while and I'm loathe to list the great players that have graced the hoops for fear of missing somebody out. FFP has killed that dream and while we may have youngsters coming through if they are that good then the FA have given us a double penalty by making it easier for the bigger clubs to hoover up these young players. We cannot buy and we cannot hold onto any real good young players, the dream has gone.

Sorry for the rant about FFP in this thread but I really am sick of it.
I couldn't agree more with you John. It's hard to see a way out with those holding the purse strings blatantly favouring the top 10 teams and not giving a flying one about teams like Notts County going out of business. A founder member that could be saved by the amount paid each week in wages to the top teams.
If you are interested enough, this is the link. https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... gulations/

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:45 pm

White Duck wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
I am more than happy to debate with people who have differing opinions, vilifying each and every aspect of our football club isn't an opinion, it's being a cünt. There, does that explain it sufficiently?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:45 pm
White Duck wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
I am more than happy to debate with people who have differing opinions, vilifying each and every aspect of our football club isn't an opinion, it's being a cünt. There, does that explain it sufficiently?
No it doesn't. You don't debate: you just attempt to force your opinions on others and resort to pathetic name calling and abuse.
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:43 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
White Duck wrote:

No it doesn't. You don't debate: you just attempt to force your opinions on others and resort to pathetic name calling and abuse.
Are you still upset at me because I didn't like our melt faced manager?

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:06 pm

White Duck wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
White Duck wrote:

He has issues - don't bother with him. Put him on ignore like I have... along with a few others. Makes the experience on here a whole lot more pleasant 8)

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Just to return to the theme of youngsters coming through, Chair and Smyth scored last night. Chair's goal was a stunning lob from well inside his own half.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:10 pm

Smyth won both their penalties before scoring the third goal: he hasn't started every game for them but he's doing well so far.
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:53 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:10 pm
Smyth won both their penalties before scoring the third goal: he hasn't started every game for them but he's doing well so far.
He's a promising player, although tbf both pens were just rash defending rather than Smyth really drawing a foul, good goal though, bit like a slower version of his debut goal for us.