WBA have sacked their manager!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: WBA have sacked their manager!

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:32 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:25 am
We've played 8 home games in 2019, during which time we've beaten one of the best teams in the Championship twice and pushed a top 8 Premier League side very close. We were poor against Preston and abysmal for 45 minutes against Birmingham, but is it really all gloom and doom ?
That depends on your personal outlook on life. I strongly get the impression that some people have a really bad weekend if QPR win or play well.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:08 pm
Moore was sacked for "unacceptable" performances at the Hawthorns and the 1-1 against Ipswich was
the last straw.
Lucky our expectations aren't the same as West Brom's or else MClaren would have to leave after yesterdays debacle.

They haven't won at home since Boxing Day. With the players they have available, the money they have spent and the wages they are paying the supporters and ultimately the Board didn't think it was good enough.

None of the above applies to us at this moment in time.

I do remember watching us lose 3-0 at Forest on the last day of the season when Ray Wilkins was in charge, we had already been relegated. We sang "Next year we'll be champions", and truly believed it. I suspect the same sentiment was there for WBA fans, especially after their good start to the season. My memory is a little hazy, but like Darren Moore I have a feeling Ray Wilkins didn't make it in charge to the end of the following season either.
Zenith I think the point I'm trying to make is that our home performances have also been really poor since the turn of the year.
Saturday was a real low point against 10 men for most of the game. Yes our expectations are different but worryingly many are
questioning how do we improve? The youngsters on loan are being toughened up for next season, but any guarantee?
No creativity and no pace are the main concerns and I have a real worry about the scouting system at Loftus Road.
We had Paul Smyth, bags of creativity and pace and totally ignored him.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm

Not really, he was given a one year contract extension and sent off to learn his trade ready for next season. A lot of people don't seem to realise that the U23's, whilst being competitive, is very physical and you rarely see any sort of crunching tackles. This, obviously, isn't the best preparation for the PNE's, Millwalls & Stokes of this fine league.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Didn't someone say/write that Sean Goss had done too many "U23 games" which had halted his progress as a footballer....

I might moan about Eze but he's getting kicked every week by rather unsavory characters in the championship...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:19 pm
Didn't someone say/write that Sean Goss had done too many "U23 games" which had halted his progress as a footballer....

I might moan about Eze but he's getting kicked every week by rather unsavory characters in the championship...
That's something that has been over looked by many of his critics. I believe he is the third most fouled player in the Championship.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Even though he’s dropped off a bit Eze’s contribution is perhaps the biggest success story of the season. He’s got a lot of developing to do but he’s been brilliant when you think of the steps he’s taken this season. I think his guile was sorely missed on Saturday when we were trying and failing to unpick stoke.