WBA have sacked their manager!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

WBA have sacked their manager!

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:03 pm

...and they are 4th :shock:

The -football- world's gone mad
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: WBA have sacked their manager!

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:12 pm

4th is only acceptable in the Prem BG :wink:

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:21 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:12 pm
4th is only acceptable in the Prem BG :wink:
It isn't the same sport I started watching with my dad in 1969 that's for sure...
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:17 am

This league is so strange this year. We've been on one of our worse runs ever (5pts out of 33 or something like that) and yet we are just 12 pts off a playoff place. Wtf?

WBA have been on a poor run themselves but are 4th and no worse than anyone else so a crazy decision.

Frustrating as a play off spot was begging for us at Xmas but we've messed up big time.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:28 am

Yeah this was a season where we could've still been in and around the play offs now if we hadn't been so inept since the turn of the year. Missed opportunity.
Lex Talionis........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:25 am

White Duck wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:28 am
Yeah this was a season where we could've still been in and around the play offs now if we hadn't been so inept since the turn of the year. Missed opportunity.
and to make things worse we could easily have been in the 6th Round of the FAC.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:27 am

Absolute madness when you consider the state of that club when he took over. He’s done a brilliant job.

Lee Johnson one of the favourites to take over...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:47 pm

Well, I look forward to enjoying them being play-off fodder. Ungrateful swine herders.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:55 pm

SM wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:27 am
Absolute madness when you consider the state of that club when he took over. He’s done a brilliant job.

Lee Johnson one of the favourites to take over...
With the squad they have they should be in the top two, especially the forwards.
Lex Talionis........

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Moore was sacked for "unacceptable" performances at the Hawthorns and the 1-1 against Ipswich was
the last straw.
Lucky our expectations aren't the same as West Brom's or else MClaren would have to leave after yesterdays debacle.
Staff Benda Bilili

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:08 pm
Moore was sacked for "unacceptable" performances at the Hawthorns and the 1-1 against Ipswich was
the last straw.
Lucky our expectations aren't the same as West Brom's or else MClaren would have to leave after yesterdays debacle.
Debacle ? We drew 0-0 for goodness sake.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:03 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:59 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
the last straw.
Debacle ? We drew 0-0 for goodness sake.
I was referring to the "performance" if you could call it one.
Staff Benda Bilili

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
the last straw.

They haven't won at home since Boxing Day. With the players they have available, the money they have spent and the wages they are paying the supporters and ultimately the Board didn't think it was good enough.

None of the above applies to us at this moment in time.

I do remember watching us lose 3-0 at Forest on the last day of the season when Ray Wilkins was in charge, we had already been relegated. We sang "Next year we'll be champions", and truly believed it. I suspect the same sentiment was there for WBA fans, especially after their good start to the season. My memory is a little hazy, but like Darren Moore I have a feeling Ray Wilkins didn't make it in charge to the end of the following season either.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
the last straw.

They haven't won at home since Boxing Day. With the players they have available, the money they have spent and the wages they are paying the supporters and ultimately the Board didn't think it was good enough.

None of the above applies to us at this moment in time.

I do remember watching us lose 3-0 at Forest on the last day of the season when Ray Wilkins was in charge, we had already been relegated. We sang "Next year we'll be champions", and truly believed it. I suspect the same sentiment was there for WBA fans, especially after their good start to the season. My memory is a little hazy, but like Darren Moore I have a feeling Ray Wilkins didn't make it in charge to the end of the following season either.
Zenith I think the point I'm trying to make is that our home performances have also been really poor since the turn of the year.
Saturday was a real low point against 10 men for most of the game. Yes our expectations are different but worryingly many are
questioning how do we improve? The youngsters on loan are being toughened up for next season, but any guarantee?
No creativity and no pace are the main concerns and I have a real worry about the scouting system at Loftus Road.
Staff Benda Bilili

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:25 am

We've played 8 home games in 2019, during which time we've beaten one of the best teams in the Championship twice and pushed a top 8 Premier League side very close. We were poor against Preston and abysmal for 45 minutes against Birmingham, but is it really all gloom and doom ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?