QPR v Stoke

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 8055
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:52 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:49 pm
Right now Rotherham are a better side than QPR. Folks seem to assume that's the game we'll win. We might do but it's disrespectful to assume it.
Rotherham have won 2 of their last 21 games. I'm not assuming that we'll beat them, but it's a bit of stretch to describe them as a better side at the moment.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3519
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by old pauline » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:22 pm

It wasn't as bad as the comments upon here suggest. Certainly, we weren't 'awful' or 'terrible'. It is true that we only have a couple of ball players though, which is what was needed to break down the ten men of Stoke, but it is what it is, we cannot afford ball players who are snapped up by the teams who still have money. I think SMC was right to bring BOS on but he maybe could have left Wzsolek on as well so that we would have stretched them on the other side.

It was good to see Shodipo back and he looked in decent shape but I couldn't help thinking what Paul Symth would have done if he was brought on in his position.

The defence was OK but I think we are beginning to see that Nahki Wells may have run his course for us.
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 8055
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:27 pm

I'd agree on Wells, he's certainly not the player for us that he was a couple of months ago. But if his time is up then I'm not sure where that leaves Hemed. He's offered very little for a lot of money since he joined us.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4885
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by 222gers » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:51 pm

That was about as bad a game as one could imagine. Hardly any guile from us, not even from Freeman. Precious little urgency until the latter stages. I forgot Hemed was playing until late on when he challenged for a few balls.
Very few causes for optimism - BOS seemed to worry the Stoke defence on occasions and that's it. This team can look absolutely awful on a bad day and this was certainly a bad day !

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10549
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:53 pm

Wouldn't sign either on what I've seen of them... especially Hemed. Busy summer coming up where we need to find goal - scorers we can rely on(other clubs on meagre resources manage to fi nd them)We badly need someone who can hold the ball for more than ten seconds, and move us up and down the pitch. A bit of pace at the back would be nice too. Try and keep Freeman, Cameron, Rangel. Lumley and Leistner. Eze needs to step up next season as well, instead of flattering to deceive most of the time: same for Luongo. Bidwell could do with some competition for his place as well. Even given our restraints...surely this is not to much to ask for? And then hope there are three crap teams like this season to fill up the relegation spots. Simples :wink:

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10549
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:54 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:51 pm
That was about as bad a game as one could imagine. Hardly any guile from us, not even from Freeman. Precious little urgency until the latter stages. I forgot Hemed was playing until late on when he challenged for a few balls.
Very few causes for optimism - BOS seemed to worry the Stoke defence on occasions and that's it. This team can look absolutely awful on a bad day and this was certainly a bad day !
Drop Wells or Hemed and give BOS the rest of the season. That should give us a better look at him.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3556
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:52 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:49 pm
Right now Rotherham are a better side than QPR. Folks seem to assume that's the game we'll win. We might do but it's disrespectful to assume it.
Rotherham have won 2 of their last 21 games. I'm not assuming that we'll beat them, but it's a bit of stretch to describe them as a better side at the moment.
Were you there today?
Staff Benda Bilili

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6351
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by QPR_John » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:09 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:54 pm
That was terrible!
Yep. We didn't lose though -so that's a relief. Too many of this team have questionable mental strength for me , and quite a few have questionable talent as well. Fail to beat Rotherham and McClaren can have no complaints if he gets the "Spanish Archer". This form could carry on into next season if we aren't careful. Have I any answers...no - but I'm not getting well paid to come up with any. Think the owners are relying on any new stadium and financial benefits that may bring...and have frankly given up on the first team. I know we are the sum of our parts these days - but Christ this is hard work. I salute those that still watch it every week.
Under FFP what can they do. They cannot finance the type of player we are short of even if they wanted to
Last edited by QPR_John on Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6351
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by QPR_John » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:28 pm

The game was a clear pointer to where we are lacking, no pace and no creativity.

User avatar
Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 8055
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:59 pm
Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:52 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:49 pm
Right now Rotherham are a better side than QPR. Folks seem to assume that's the game we'll win. We might do but it's disrespectful to assume it.
Rotherham have won 2 of their last 21 games. I'm not assuming that we'll beat them, but it's a bit of stretch to describe them as a better side at the moment.
Were you there today?
Yes, it was poor. Were you there?

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3556
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:18 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:51 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:59 pm
Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:52 pm


Rotherham have won 2 of their last 21 games. I'm not assuming that we'll beat them, but it's a bit of stretch to describe them as a better side at the moment.
Were you there today?
Yes, it was poor. Were you there?
Yes I was and it was worse than poor, it was disturbingly disjointed.
Staff Benda Bilili

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1330
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:05 am

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by stainesranger » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Today was so unenjoyable. But I think the result is fine. Stops the rot. Had we lost today it would’ve been a meltdown.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10549
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:58 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:27 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:09 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:54 pm
That was terrible!
Yep. We didn't lose though -so that's a relief. Too many of this team have questionable mental strength for me , and quite a few have questionable talent as well. Fail to beat Rotherham and McClaren can have no complaints if he gets the "Spanish Archer". This form could carry on into next season if we aren't careful. Have I any answers...no - but I'm not getting well paid to come up with any. Think the owners are relying on any new stadium and financial benefits that may bring...and have frankly given up on the first team. I know we are the sum of our parts these days - but Christ this is hard work. I salute those that still watch it every week.
Under FFP what can they do. They cannot finance the type of player we are short of even if they wanted to
Brentford and PNE can't be paying a fortune for their players - why can we follow their example. What is the the point of football if you can't improve... within reason. How long are people going to keep on going and paying good money to watch stagnation at best, and decline at worst. We aren't the only club with limited resources, but seem to be shite if we spend a fortune or spend nothing. Are we really that cursed?
Last edited by Damien on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10549
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:00 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:22 pm
Today was so unenjoyable. But I think the result is fine. Stops the rot. Had we lost today it would’ve been a meltdown.
Agree about the point and clean sheet. But 80mins against ten, and not one real chance is abject in anyone's language. Good job the two points dropped shouldn't be costly.

User avatar
Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 8055
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: QPR v Stoke

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:58 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:27 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:09 pm
Yep. We didn't lose though -so that's a relief. Too many of this team have questionable mental strength for me , and quite a few have questionable talent as well. Fail to beat Rotherham and McClaren can have no complaints if he gets the "Spanish Archer". This form could carry on into next season if we aren't careful. Have I any answers...no - but I'm not getting well paid to come up with any. Think the owners are relying on any new stadium and financial benefits that may bring...and have frankly given up on the first team. I know we are the sum of our parts these days - but Christ this is hard work. I salute those that still watch it every week.
Under FFP what can they do. They cannot finance the type of player we are short of even if they wanted to
Brentford and PNE can't be paying a fortune for their players - why can we follow their example. What is the best he point of football if you can't improve... within reason. How long are people going to keep on going and paying good money to watch stagnation at best, and decline at worst. We aren't the only club with limited resources, but seem to be shite if we spend a fortune or spend nothing. Are we really that cursed?
Agreed. Some are complaining about FFP, not because they believe in fairness in football, but because we just happen to have rich owners that can buy our way out of the mess we're in. They're entitled to do have that view of course, but as you say other clubs are able to do it differently, clubs we'd previously aspired to being like.

Post Reply