Someone loves us

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Someone loves us

Post by dm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:06 am

Geoff wants to come back next season: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/foo ... ive-070319

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Someone loves us

Post by old pauline » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:28 am

I don' rate him and I don' think we should loan him again next season. Apart from being big and a bit harder in the tackle I don't think he brings anything else to the table. From what I have seen there are tidier and more fluid defensive central midfielders out there.
Come on you Sooopa ........

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:00 am

old pauline wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:28 am
I don' rate him and I don' think we should loan him again next season. Apart from being big and a bit harder in the tackle I don't think he brings anything else to the table. From what I have seen there are tidier and more fluid defensive central midfielders out there.
But, weren't we playing rather well when he was in the team?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:31 am

old pauline wrote:
Of course there are, but probably not anyone we could afford/attract - did you have anyone specific in mind?
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:03 am

Hope he stays. Made all the difference. Hell of a shot too.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:22 am

old pauline wrote:
Really?

I thought he was absolutely magnificent for us. I like Scowen, he’s hard working and deceptively good on the ball. But his size is such a weakness.

With Cameron in there we were dominating midfield. More often than not, any goal kicks, corners etc he was on the end of. We don’t have enough big, hard, nasty players and he certainly brings that to the table. In the Championship, you need battlers like him to compete.

I can assure you we wouldn’t lose 7 in a row if he was present.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:56 pm

old pauline wrote:
But assuming Kante isn't being loaned out. Seriously, he was excellent for us and our dip in form pretty much mirrors the period he has been out of the team. That's partly due to the lack of natural replacement but none the less, i'd happily see him back if the salary is affordable, especially as we are also going to be light at CB by the looks of things.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:36 pm

I'm with the majority on this. He was an excellent player. Footballs not always about what you do on the ball, but off it as well.
Cameron would occupy the space well and provided cover to our back four.
Would be good to have him again - with a reasonable wage.

JHC

Post by JHC » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:32 pm

Based on Cameron's performance I have to vote NO on Camexit. Outstanding performances, made the team better and almost certainly would have improved our position in the standings (if he had remained fit). What's there not to like? If it happens I will be ecstatic. However there is a long way to go. Cameron/Stoke may go another direction, he may be injury prone at 33/34 yo, or we may want to spend the money according to our business plan - find diamond in the rough, polish it up, Sell for big $$$ (sorry don't know where the pound key is on my keyboard!) Okay, maybe I should vote Yes on Camexit.

To me the best thing about Cameron's comment, is that a quality player wants to stay/come to QPR. QPR can't be seen by players as a dead end or we are in big trouble. You have to give credit to the QPR Organization and recent managers (Holloway and McClaren) for creating a club that good players want to come to.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:32 pm

Our best run of the season coincided with Cameron coming into the team, and ended not long after he got injured since when we've barely won a game. It may be a coincidence but I suspect not. He provided cover in front of the defence and made the midfield harder to play through.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 am

By way of coincidence, I had another long chat with him yesterday outside the ground, starting with asking him about whether he was going to the Red Sox games this Summer. He asked me to walk along towards the Fan Zone area with him to continue the conversation so I mentioned how complimentary he was about his time at QPR and whether he thought he would join us us. He is enjoying his time so much that he said even if he has to return to Stoke next season he will continue to live in London and would like to remain at QPR as the coaching is superb and he feels it has improved so many of the players.
He felt that the recent run of results is largely down to a lot of inexperienced players being asked to carry the load without all the tools in their locker. He said he hasn't had any approaches from QPR regarding signing for us and I replied that it could because the salary offered would be way too low for him, he said that he didn't know about that but money isn't everything in football :shock:
He also told me that he had phoned Stoke up to see if he could play against them yesterday but they told him no as they were still paying half his salary. He also said that he is hoping to play on Wednesday. The conversation illustrated a refreshing change from the days of the mercenaries turning up for their £50+ wages every week.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:40 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 am
By way of coincidence, I had another long chat with him yesterday outside the ground, starting with asking him about whether he was going to the Red Sox games this Summer. He asked me to walk along towards the Fan Zone area with him to continue the conversation so I mentioned how complimentary he was about his time at QPR and whether he thought he would join us us. He is enjoying his time so much that he said even if he has to return to Stoke next season he will continue to live in London and would like to remain at QPR as the coaching is superb and he feels it has improved so many of the players.
He felt that the recent run of results is largely down to a lot of inexperienced players being asked to carry the load without all the tools in their locker. He said he hasn't had any approaches from QPR regarding signing for us and I replied that it could because the salary offered would be way too low for him, he said that he didn't know about that but money isn't everything in football :shock:
He also told me that he had phoned Stoke up to see if he could play against them yesterday but they told him no as they were still paying half his salary. He also said that he is hoping to play on Wednesday. The conversation illustrated a refreshing change from the days of the mercenaries turning up for their £50+ wages every week.
This is great to hear, and really refreshing as you say. Many thanks.
Locum meum praecepta mea

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 am
Would have hoped the club had been discussing a signing or loan before now regardless of what they can offer. You don't know until you talk to a player and if he refuses at least you have tried.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:40 pm

He is still under contract to Stoke for another year, I imagine that is playing a large part in what is happening. It would be nice to get him back on loan maybe for next year but I can't see us shelling out £17.5k a week again next season.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:09 pm

....actually our good form around Christmas period when we beat Boro and Villa playing pretty well and getting near the play-off zone came to an end when we lost Cameron and Rangel on injuries and Mass for his international call.....so I tend to think that Geoff was quite influential in that ...