Financial Fair Play

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Financial Fair Play

Post by 222gers » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:23 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:19 pm
If you want FFP then cap player wages at £100k per year per player with a max of 30 players in any squad.

Job done.

No one goes bankrupt and everyone has a chance to win.
I'll just give Manchester City a ring and tell 'em !

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:21 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 am
QPR_John wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:42 am

Unfortunately your ideas are not what FFP is about. In all aspects I cannot see how anybody can now argue that FFP is not there to protect vested interests rather than what we were told that is to protect clubs from chasing success and getting into uncontrollable debt.
Something I was saying around 4-5 years ago when the original FFP was launched. Once I had read through the full explanation I understood it as a tool to allow the top 6-10 Premiership clubs to maintain a stranglehold on those positions, and the money associated with it, and put a stop to any other teams doing what Chelsea & Man City did with rich owners. Further; changes to the EDL and Academy category structure also allowed the top clubs to hoover up all the best young talent, without having to pay much for kids they missed on their original scoop. The real shocker is the Football League Chairman failed to understand what was happening to them at the time and voted it through after pressure from the top teams regarding money for grass roots football (and what a pack of lies that was); a situation not too dissimilar to the pack of lies spouted by both sides regarding the EU referendum. FLIPPING shysters and wankpuffins the lot of them.
Got to agree with you there EL on the football front. Football, like everything else is run by corporations. It's so toploaded that it seems farcical to call it a sport anymore. The problem with the referendum was, on the whole the real issues were not debated. I blame both sides for that.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:03 am

222gers wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:23 pm
QPR-NI wrote:
If you want FFP then cap player wages at £100k per year per player with a max of 30 players in any squad.

Job done.

I'll just give Manchester City a ring and tell 'em !
No rules apply to them.

Apparently.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:00 am

...or maybe they do but I won't be holding my breath...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47490375
Question everything.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:00 pm

QPR-NI wrote:

Job done.

nailonhead