That penalty

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: That penalty

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:44 am

SM wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 am
What’s worse is that the referee is looking directly at them all. He was absolutely dire all afternoon.
He was like most refs this season - really pernickety over little insignificant things ( although he let Lumley take a free kick about 15 yards ahead of the correct spot ), but failing on the bigger decisions. I'm amazed he had the guts to award the penalty. Fortunately, Brum didn't come up with a huge amount of $hithousery relatively speaking, apart from putting Wells off at the penalty and of course the encroachment issue.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:10 am

That photo is just a complete pizz take.... No excuses though - absolutely awful team selection and set up for the first half and a massive bottlejob from Wells at the end. Only at QPR.... :evil:

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:48 am

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:10 am
That photo is just a complete pizz take.... No excuses though - absolutely awful team selection and set up for the first half and a massive bottlejob from Wells at the end. Only at QPR.... :evil:
Not a 'bottle job' at all by Wells: it was just a shit penalty. You could say he'd bottled it if he'd refused to take it.
Lex Talionis........

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:50 am

SM wrote:
What’s worse is that the referee is looking directly at them all. He was absolutely dire all afternoon.

And what about the linesman? Surely their primary role during a penalty kick is to look for encroachment.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:50 am
SM wrote:

And what about the linesman? Surely their primary role during a penalty kick is to look for encroachment.

No mate, i'm a level 2 Referee and the primary job of the linesman on a penalty kick is ball over the line and watching for keeper encroachment

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am

the big IP wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 am
ZENITH R wrote:
SM wrote:

No mate, i'm a level 2 Referee and the primary job of the linesman on a penalty kick is ball over the line and watching for keeper encroachment
That's another thing that seems to have been quietly forgotten. it seems the officials have been told or have agreed amongst themselves to ignore encroachment.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:47 pm

the big IP wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 am
ZENITH R wrote:
SM wrote:

Well, the ball didn't cross the line, though Camp was off his line (admittedly not by much) so, he failed there. His or her peripheral vision would have told him or her there was player encroachment. Mind you the referee was looking straight at it.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:45 pm

From 12 yards out none of this should make a difference if the penalty is well taken
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:45 pm
From 12 yards out none of this should make a difference if the penalty is well taken
Of course you are right but that is not the point. The game is played under a defined set of laws and when a law is broken so clearly the referee should take action. If as we have been told encroachment is no longer penalised we should be told and/or the specific law removed

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:30 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:15 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:45 pm
Of course you are right but that is not the point. The game is played under a defined set of laws and when a law is broken so clearly the referee should take action. If as we have been told encroachment is no longer penalised we should be told and/or the specific law removed
No argument there John, the referee was pitiful, and there should have been a retake. I'm effectively blind in one eye and I had a pillar in the way, and it still looked like encroachment from where I was sat

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Referees seem incapable of upholding all the laws of the game. Every season the FA say there's something that refs will clamp down on - holding in the box, players surrounding refs etc. It lasts for a few months and is then forgotten about.

Refs should be proficient enough to apply all laws of the game.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 pm
Referees seem incapable of upholding all the laws of the game. Every season the FA say there's something that refs will clamp down on - holding in the box, players surrounding refs etc. It lasts for a few months and is then forgotten about.

:like

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:11 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Refs definetely seem incapable of upholding the laws when it comes to us alright(again tonight).