McClaren’s second half of the season record

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

McClaren’s second half of the season record

Post by Southgate Hoop » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:37 pm

I was reading all over the internet about how all of Steve McClarens team fall apart in the second half of the season.
Didn’t really take much notice of it, but these recent results may shine a bit of truth into those comments.
Definitely feels like we need to start looking over our shoulders now, especially with our next few fixtures!

ZENITH R

Re: McClaren’s second half of the season record

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 pm

Southgate Hoop wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:37 pm
I was reading all over the internet about how all of Steve McClarens team fall apart in the second half of the season.
Didn’t really take much notice of it, but these recent results may shine a bit of truth into those comments.
Definitely feels like we need to start looking over our shoulders now, especially with our next few fixtures!

You don’t think injuries to Rangel, Cameron and Hemed coupled with a transfer embargo might not have had something to do with it?
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Southgate Hoop » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:46 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 pm
Southgate Hoop wrote:

You don’t think injuries to Rangel, Cameron and Hemed coupled with a transfer embargo might not have had something to do with it?
Cameron, yeah. But Furlong hasn’t been too bad since he’s been in. And Wells is more than a good enough starter in place of Hemed, as Hemed was playing up front alone before his injury. So no I don’t think it has been the main reason. Especially not drastic enough to go from how we were playing to conceding 8 bloody goals at home to Preston and Birmingham within 135 minutes of football.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:57 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 pm
Southgate Hoop wrote:

It doesn't help what you have highlighted Z - but you can't deny the wheels are coming off at the moment. One eye on the Cup maybe? :wink: