Les talks about players contracts

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Les talks about players contracts

Post by dm » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:27 pm

Bidwell and Pav to be considered at the end of the season, and in terms of new players it could be just frees and loans again. https://www.football.london/queens-park ... s-15796743.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Les talks about players contracts

Post by Rbee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:27 pm

It seems the author of the article doesn't fully understand FFP.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:05 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:27 pm
It seems the author of the article doesn't fully understand FFP.
How so?

How does it work if we have both an option but the players can talk to other clubs?

It paints a pretty bleak but unsurprising picture. I imagine both are higher earners. I wouldn't be surprised if we can't justify keeping Pav given the other wide players we have, which would be a shame.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:18 pm

The tone of the article and when he says things like

''The fact that QPR aren't in a financial position to be able to renew these contracts is concerning, but it's simply a sign of the times at Loftus Road.''

Our owners can easily afford to offer new contracts to all of the players out of contract in the summer and buy a few new players but if the club spends more money than it has coming in then we are in breach of FFP.

This is the last season we shall receive Premier League parachute payments and no doubt our income will remain stagnant which means a player or two will have to be sold and the quality of next seasons squad is likely to be worse than this seasons.

The only way of, hopefully, increasing our income is to move to a new stadium with increased and varied income streams.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:05 pm
How does it work if we have both an option but the players can talk to other clubs?.
Not sure but it does say that they can only speak with clubs abroad which might be a condition of the option?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:10 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:18 pm
The tone of the article and when he says things like

''The fact that QPR aren't in a financial position to be able to renew these contracts is concerning, but it's simply a sign of the times at Loftus Road.''

Our owners can easily afford to offer new contracts to all of the players out of contract in the summer and buy a few new players but if the club spends more money than it has coming in then we are in breach of FFP.

This is the last season we shall receive Premier League parachute payments and no doubt our income will remain stagnant which means a player or two will have to be sold and the quality of next seasons squad is likely to be worse than this seasons.

The only way of, hopefully, increasing our income is to move to a new stadium with increased and varied income streams.
I'm not sure what he's saying contradicts that. We aren't in a financial position to renew them, the cause being FFP (although we don't actually know what the owners would willingly invest). The article does clarify we're under FFP constraints.

Ultimately it's going to be a tough few years as a ground won't happen overnight. I'd like to know the forecasts on the not ticket revenue that are part of the forecasts. What we also need to do is poach Brentfords entire scouting network, we've come some way but it's not a patch on there's. Flogging someone for 12m would see us right for a bit.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:24 pm
Satch wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:05 pm
How does it work if we have both an option but the players can talk to other clubs?.
Not sure but it does say that they can only speak with clubs abroad which might be a condition of the option?
I knew we had the option of extending Pav's contract by a year and Les's comments suggests we have the same option on Jake. Sounds like this prevents English clubs talking to them until we make a decision on a contract offer or the original contract ends but this doesn't apply to foreign clubs (although I assume they cannot any formal offer until we have made our decision).
Lex Talionis........

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:04 pm

It's about time someone else suffered because of these ridiculous FFP rules. Why only us? Are the twats in charge of football deliberately trying to put us and others out of business? Infuriates me when I see the obscene money in the Prem(and yes we can only blame ourselves for spunking ours away) - but why do we seem to have to suffer more than most for our folly?

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:26 am

It's just simply ridiculous, there seems to be an intention to make an example of us. It can't be legal, got to be corrupt, let's start our own league. Playing the same starting eleven all season just isn't sustainable. God I hate what football has become! 😈
Last edited by WA Hoop on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Question everything.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 am

I’m relieved to see we have the options on Pawel and Bidwell. They would both be very difficult to replace if we needed to.

Any small budget we have next season needs to go on a striker, especially when you consider that Wells and Hemed will likely not be here.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss