H&F Council Statement

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Stateside Ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: H&F Council Statement

Post by Stateside Ranger » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 am

Unless I’ve totally misunderstood doing an exchange wont work because TF & Co need the proceeds from developing the land LR is on to fund the build of the new ground.

Otherwise I agree it’s a good idea in principle.

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:27 pm

Latest from the club...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/le ... ftus-road/

QPR CEO Lee Hoos has issued the following statement regarding the club’s need to move away from Loftus Road.

Hoos said: “We love our home at Loftus Road, but it is unsustainable for a professional football club in the long term due to its size, age and lack of non-matchday use.

“It is very obvious to thousands of fans who pile in to Loftus Road every fortnight, and it has been made clear to the current Council leadership since they took office in 2014.

“We hoped they would work with us to find a solution that keeps QPR in the borough for another 100 years, and we still do.

“Everyone at our club still wants to remain in Hammersmith & Fulham if at all possible. However, we have been very open with our fans and the local community that, in the absence of any alternative, the Linford Christie Stadium is, as far as we can see, our last chance to stay in the borough.

“The Council is shortly to launch a public consultation on the future of the Linford Christie site, which we will encourage our fanbase, local residents and stakeholders to take part in.

“Ultimately, the Council owns the site and if they do not want QPR to be involved in its redevelopment then that is their choice. But we have to be honest with people about the likely consequence of that, which is that QPR’s medium to long-term future will be out of Hammersmith & Fulham.

“We would like to invite the leader of the Council Stephen Cowan to Loftus Road to meet club representatives, with any fans' groups they wish to meet as well, to understand the severe limitations we face here, and see how we can work together to keep QPR in W12.”

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Barry wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:24 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
Barry wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:52 pm

What plot are you thinking about? There are a few possible locations off that junction.
The Shooting School would probably offer the right sized footprint or both that and the C&L Country Club. I can't see the cost being anywhere near land in W12 is and a lot less chance of local objections.
I don’t a combination of the pair would happen as a new golf course is being constructed in the middle of the two.

By car it probably wouldn’t be horrific. However, most people won’t be too happy about going that far out. (It’d suit me massively!!)

I think it’s going to get to a point when we won’t have any options anywhere in more central boroughs.
That sounds like something that would attract people to the Stadium Hotel/ conference facilities on non match days. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Stateside Ranger wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 am
Unless I’ve totally misunderstood doing an exchange wont work because TF & Co need the proceeds from developing the land LR is on to fund the build of the new ground.

Otherwise I agree it’s a good idea in principle.

I’m not sure how much we would get for Loftus Road, but bearing in mind the covernant I’m guessing it won’t be a mega amount. Certainly not enough to cover the whole cost of re-developing the Linford Christie stadium. Other clubs have carried out major re-development of their stadiums without having a spare stadium to sell. They are very successful businessmen, and it would be a super investment opportunity, so raising the funds could and should be do-able. The Mittals are steel magnates too, and the main component of a new stadium would be steel.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Perhaps we need to put someone up at the next Council elections. There are three seats up for grabs in the SB ward, and small enough majorities to make them winnable. Getting fans onto the Council would be easier than getting them onto the Board, and we seem to have a sizeable group of vocal fans who seem to think they know the best for everyone.

Springbok R
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Springbok R » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:52 pm

One word... Westfield.....
The Gods make first Mad those they adore....

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:09 pm

old pauline wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:38 pm
Well said, Greyhound. This is not the first time that the Council has spoken out of turn about the club's modus operandi. I don't like it all. I wouldn't be surprised f they think 'we have Fulham and Chelsea. do we need QPR ?'. I don't like these statements being issued when it is clear that the club is only involved in talks and there are no deals on the table yet. I also share Fernandes frustration with the mayor.
I've always thought that Pauline. I don't think H & F give a flying feck about QPR or whether they stay in the borough. Wouldn't be the end of the world for me if we moved elsewhere (within reason of course).

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by sparkypark » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:23 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:25 pm
Perhaps we need to put someone up at the next Council elections. There are three seats up for grabs in the SB ward, and small enough majorities to make them winnable. Getting fans onto the Council would be easier than getting them onto the Board, and we seem to have a sizeable group of vocal fans who seem to think they know the best for everyone.
I suspect this was a tongue in cheek comment as the next elections are in 2022. In any case the majorities for the current councillor in the Shepherds Bush Green and Wormholt (which includes LR) wards are enormous - they all polled more than 70%, in some cases three times the vote of their nearest rivals.
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:26 am

sparkypark wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:23 pm
Greyhound wrote:
I suspect this was a tongue in cheek comment as the next elections are in 2022. In any case the majorities for the current councillor in the Shepherds Bush Green and Wormholt (which includes LR) wards are enormous - they all polled more than 70%, in some cases three times the vote of their nearest rivals.
I think Fulham did something very similar to this when looking at the development of Craven Cottage.

It’s not as outlandish as it sounds IMO.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by sparkypark » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:51 pm

SM wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:26 am
sparkypark wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:23 pm
Greyhound wrote:
I think Fulham did something very similar to this when looking at the development of Craven Cottage.

It’s not as outlandish as it sounds IMO.
Back in 1990 The Valley Party put up 60 candidates in Greenwich to put pressure on the Council to agree to the rebuilding of Charlton’s ground - they were having to groundshare elsewhere. No councillors were elected but they got 10% of the vote and the Tories and the SDP gained seats as a result of the Charlton fans splitting the Labour vote. No councillors - but they won the war as the council later agreed to the rebuilding of the ground. The Charlton supporters were fantastically well organised - but also a lot of supporters still lived in the borough.

Unfortunately the borough with the largest number of QPR supporters now is Hillingdon! So it’s not an outlandish suggestion, but there are no council elections due for several years in Hammersmith.

Of course, it is quite possible that our strong and stable government will call a general election this year. SM for MP?
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:59 am

Bet the council would bend over backwards if it was Chelsea