H&F Council Statement

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: H&F Council Statement

Post by LanCat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 pm

If both Car Giant and QPR are being frustrated in moving anything forward perhaps the problem lies with H&F?

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:24 pm

willesdenr wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 am
Perhaps the club should start talking to Brent Council about returning to our roots in Willesden; Kensal Rise, Queens Park or Park Royal.
Where could a stadium fit around Brent?

The big issue is finding land that a ground could be built on. How about the land behind White City underground? What’s happening with that??
QPR & Ireland

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:09 am
With the extension of the Low Emission Zone coming into force soon there is a chance that a number of fans just won't bother any more and a move further West to the "Heartland" might become more attractive.
The LEZ is going to be a nightmare. I won’t be making any journeys inside the zone so would have to resort to travelling via tube only. Luckily this is an option that is open to me, many aren’t so lucky.
QPR & Ireland

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:28 pm

There is a perfect plot of land opposite the Polish War Memorial along West End Road. 15mins (ish) from Ruislip stations and close access to M40.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:28 pm
There is a perfect plot of land opposite the Polish War Memorial along West End Road. 15mins (ish) from Ruislip stations and close access to M40.
What plot are you thinking about? There are a few possible locations off that junction.
QPR & Ireland

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Crabsandwich wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:23 am
It gets messier... Cargiant's boss, who basically put the kibosh on our plans to build a new stadium there, is now removing all toys from his pram over Old Oak Common...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 60041.html

@tonyfernandes
You could not make this stuff up. Incredible.
Jesus. Maybe we dodged a bullet there after all.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm

Barry wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:52 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
What plot are you thinking about? There are a few possible locations off that junction.
The Shooting School would probably offer the right sized footprint or both that and the C&L Country Club. I can't see the cost being anywhere near land in W12 is and a lot less chance of local objections.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:24 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Why would we want to go that far? That's over 8 miles away from Loftus Road and the closest train station is bleeding Ruislip!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:50 pm

I don't like the sound of Ruislip either. Ideally football grounds should be near pubs, shops, cafes, bus routes and a choice of trains.
Brentford were lucky to get that bit of ground which used to be a large car dealership. We are not so lucky - if only we could get somewhere with the LCS.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:01 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:24 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Why would we want to go that far? That's over 8 miles away from Loftus Road and the closest train station is bleeding Ruislip!
We may not as many options as fans would like us to have.

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by sparkypark » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 pm

LanCat wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 pm
If both Car Giant and QPR are being frustrated in moving anything forward perhaps the problem lies with H&F?
The council is not the planning authority for Old Oak. That moved to Development Corporation set up by Boris Johnson in 2015. The only common factor between QPR’s failure to negotiate Old Oak Common and the conflict with H&F council is Tony Fernandes.
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:00 am

H&F have accused the owners of a land grab, and wanting the Linford Christie Stadium for nothing.

There is a simple answer. Exchange! We give them Loftus Road they give us the Linford Christie Stadium.

As I understand it there is a covenant on Loftus Road that means it can't be used to build houses - it has to be for sport and Leisure. Well, currently the athletics club are based at Linford Christie Stadium, they move to Loftus Road. By knocking down maybe the Ellerslie Road stand (which will please the residents who back on to the stadium), and maybe the Loftus Road stand, with the same affect on local residents, there will be a big enough footprint for a running track etc. Attendances at athletics events are much lower than football matches, so the reduced capacity won't be a problem.

Going forward Loftus Road is of little use to us for all the reasons already mentioned, whereas the Linford Christie stadium offers a whole lot more potentially. The athletics club could easily apply for funding (lottery or where ever) to convert Loftus Road. Currently, the Linford Christie stadium is a drain on resources for the local council who I believe own it. Exchange it with the club, and let them develop it into a 21st century stadium.

So, this solution solves the problem and everyone's a winner.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:35 am

sparkypark wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 pm
LanCat wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 pm
The council is not the planning authority for Old Oak. That moved to Development Corporation set up by Boris Johnson in 2015. The only common factor between QPR’s failure to negotiate Old Oak Common and the conflict with H&F council is Tony Fernandes.

That's true re the planning authority. But the failure to negotiate a deal was stymied by Car Giant. As I understand it, there were two conflicting proposals to develop OOC, ours and theirs. CG refuse(d) to move. The planning authority don't seem to have the power to, or are otherwise reluctant to compulsorily purchase their site, and I believe that was where the stall occurred, at least early on.
Locum meum praecepta mea

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:24 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
Barry wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:52 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
The Shooting School would probably offer the right sized footprint or both that and the C&L Country Club. I can't see the cost being anywhere near land in W12 is and a lot less chance of local objections.
I don’t a combination of the pair would happen as a new golf course is being constructed in the middle of the two.

By car it probably wouldn’t be horrific. However, most people won’t be too happy about going that far out. (It’d suit me massively!!)

I think it’s going to get to a point when we won’t have any options anywhere in more central boroughs.
QPR & Ireland

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:27 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:00 am
H&F have accused the owners of a land grab, and wanting the Linford Christie Stadium for nothing.

There is a simple answer. Exchange! We give them Loftus Road they give us the Linford Christie Stadium.

As I understand it there is a covenant on Loftus Road that means it can't be used to build houses - it has to be for sport and Leisure. Well, currently the athletics club are based at Linford Christie Stadium, they move to Loftus Road. By knocking down maybe the Ellerslie Road stand (which will please the residents who back on to the stadium), and maybe the Loftus Road stand, with the same affect on local residents, there will be a big enough footprint for a running track etc. Attendances at athletics events are much lower than football matches, so the reduced capacity won't be a problem.

Going forward Loftus Road is of little use to us for all the reasons already mentioned, whereas the Linford Christie stadium offers a whole lot more potentially. The athletics club could easily apply for funding (lottery or where ever) to convert Loftus Road. Currently, the Linford Christie stadium is a drain on resources for the local council who I believe own it. Exchange it with the club, and let them develop it into a 21st century stadium.

So, this solution solves the problem and everyone's a winner.
This sounds like a good idea!!
QPR & Ireland