H&F Council Statement

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Stateside Ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

H&F Council Statement

Post by Stateside Ranger » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:24 pm

https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/articles/news/2 ... oftus-road

So what’s all this about then? Implying TF wants to knock down LR and develop the site for housing. I think that’s a pretty open secret but why the timing of this statement?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: H&F Council Statement

Post by White Duck » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:22 pm

They have 'hit back' after Tony F made some negative comments about them.

The council statement looks like it's been written by somebody on work experience, and suggests no understanding of football clubs.
Lex Talionis........

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:28 pm

OK. What is this nonsense about H&F desperate to make QPR a fan owned club, What the hell has it got to do with them?

Both sides need to get a room and thrash this out. Maybe a public forum involving the fans...

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 pm

I didn't know about TF wanting to take over Batman Close ( if true). I don't like the sound of the argument at all.
Neither side seem to have much credability.

Stateside Ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Stateside Ranger » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:31 pm

Stateside Ranger wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:24 pm
https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/articles/news/2 ... oftus-road

So what’s all this about then? Implying TF wants to knock down LR and develop the site for housing. I think that’s a pretty open secret but why the timing of this statement?
Just to clarify my original post, I meant it’s common knowledge that building a new ground will inevitably mean selling the land that LR is currently on (given it is too small to build a new ground on).

TF has responded angrily on Twitter, I can understand his frustration.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:53 pm

DBHoops wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:28 pm
OK. What is this nonsense about H&F desperate to make QPR a fan owned club, What the hell has it got to do with them?

Both sides need to get a room and thrash this out. Maybe a public forum involving the fans...
It's an odd suggestion and brutally unrealistic. That said, they could be an important ally to ensure we stay in the borough.

If QPR rather than Tony Fernandes were the property developers, could that be used as revenue against FFP?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:53 pm
DBHoops wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:28 pm

It's an odd suggestion and brutally unrealistic. That said, they could be an important ally to ensure we stay in the borough.

If QPR rather than Tony Fernandes were the property developers, could that be used as revenue against FFP?
Having them with us is vital to staying in the borough but they are clearly on a completely different page. Their two suggestions are to redevelop Loftus Road or rent somewhere.
Lex Talionis........

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:53 pm

I am really quite angry about this absurd statement from the Council. They seem to be acting with a complete disregard for the club and its fans, making this a personal grudge match with Fernandes. For all the good and bad that's happened in the Fernandes years, he has done a lot more for the club than the Council in recent times.

But of course, this is probably really about some of the current individuals on the Council, so allow me to share with you the details of the Councillors for the Shepherds Bush ward:

Andrew Jones
Natalia Perez
Mercy Umeh (Deputy Mayor)

They are Labour councillors, with majorities of about 1,500 - a small ripple from an organised group of constituents would be enough to have them scurrying to get behind the club.

Email addresses are all available on the council website (http://democracy.lbhf.gov.uk/mgMemberIn ... LIST&PIC=0).

I plan to ask them for their views about the statement and whether they support the club. I know for a fact that I will be visiting Shepherds Bush and supporting its businesses long after they have been forgotten, so although I cannot vote for or against them, I can certainly support other candidates's campaigns at the next election.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:38 pm

Well said, Greyhound. This is not the first time that the Council has spoken out of turn about the club's modus operandi. I don't like it all. I wouldn't be surprised f they think 'we have Fulham and Chelsea. do we need QPR ?'. I don't like these statements being issued when it is clear that the club is only involved in talks and there are no deals on the table yet. I also share Fernandes frustration with the mayor.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:53 am

It’ll come to a point when the council forces the club out of the borough.

The board seem to have better relationships with Ealing Council and I wonder if they are going to have to look at prospective sites a short distance outside of H&F?
QPR & Ireland

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:39 am

Barry wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:53 am
It’ll come to a point when the council forces the club out of the borough.

The board seem to have better relationships with Ealing Council and I wonder if they are going to have to look at prospective sites a short distance outside of H&F?
It's looking that way. I was really hoping for the LCS but it seems a hopeless case with no progress being made and lots of objection from groups like the Friends of Wormwood Scrubs. If it's going to be outside the borough, hopefully it'll be a reasonable distance but it looks to be years away anyhow.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:09 am

With the extension of the Low Emission Zone coming into force soon there is a chance that a number of fans just won't bother any more and a move further West to the "Heartland" might become more attractive.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

willesdenr

Post by willesdenr » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 am

Perhaps the club should start talking to Brent Council about returning to our roots in Willesden; Kensal Rise, Queens Park or Park Royal.

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:23 am

It gets messier... Cargiant's boss, who basically put the kibosh on our plans to build a new stadium there, is now removing all toys from his pram over Old Oak Common...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 60041.html

@tonyfernandes
You could not make this stuff up. Incredible.

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by sparkypark » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Sadly this is par for the course for Tony Fernandes. He may be great at running an airline, but he has been pretty poor at running sports enterprises or in understanding how planning works. Under his “leadership” the club announced the Old Oak stadium with a big fanfare - it would open in 2018. Sadly, his people alienated the land owner, Car Giant, who then came up with an alternative plan for their land. So, no progress. Now the council seem to have run out of patience with him.

And why is he making these statements and not the chairman?
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.