Josh Scowen

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Josh Scowen

Post by White Duck » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 pm

Thought he played well last night. Always looking to get involved, shows for a pass and never hides (which I think is one of the main problems with Cousins and even Pav in some games).
Has a decent shot on him too.

Assuming we don't keep Cameron then he should be a regular starter next season IMO.
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Josh Scowen

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:45 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 pm
Thought he played well last night. Always looking to get involved, shows for a pass and never hides (which I think is one of the main problems with Cousins and even Pav in some games).
Has a decent shot on him too.

Assuming we don't keep Cameron then he should be a regular starter next season IMO.
I was on a plane last night so missed the game so i can't comment. However, in general, i think Scowen has regressed massively from his early form with us. In particular, he is far less disciplined and offers less cover. He has been better since he got back in the side but was appalling at the start of the season. I think to get the best out of Luongo and Freeman you need someone to sit and hold and i'm not surprised we've been poorer without Cameron to do that, he seems to be keen to push himself forward now. He does show for a pass and i agree he doesn't hide but he is often over ambitious with his own passing. While he connects well enough with the ball the shots don't often trouble the keeper, he also seems to have developed a habit of going for goal himself late on when we're chasing games rather than getting the ball wide or straight into Smith would likely create more problems. It all feels like, and this was alluded to on 'Open all R's' that he seems to have changed his own perception of the type of player he is.

Hopefully, McClaren can resolve any friction and get him back to his best but at the moment i'd rather see Hall as the third midfielder and Scowen as cover.