Any “just backs” ?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Any “just backs” ?

Post by 222gers » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:46 pm

A scathing after match comment on the LFW site. Any just-backs on here ? It seems the team has really fallen apart and in need of a confidence-boosting win.

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Any “just backs” ?

Post by beaglebum » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:23 am

I'd love to find out too. It doesn't make sense does it. Our best set of Xmas results for many a year, followed by a couple of decent cup results but then 3 out of the blue poor league losses on the bounce. Another dedeat could see 3 or 4 teams overtake us meaning we are bottom of the mid table teams and the team to aim for, for the teams battling the drop.

I know we have injuries but only Luongo has been missing for those games since Xmas (the others were injured over Xmas too). Are the players tired and playing a few extra cup games knackered them out!!! Are they disappointed they didn't get in the play-off spots at Xmas and have dropped there heads so need picking up again? I hope SMc can turn it around soon.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 pm

Won't go down well with some on here but we were heading for this run. 24% possession at home to Reading gives you a reason why. The counter attacking game worked for a while but teams have now worked it out, getting plenty of players forward and pinning us back. SMC needs to change it. I'd go with BOS for Wzsolek with immediate effect and possibly even go with Matt Smith and Wells up front to start games with Eze on the bench. SMC has made it clear that we are making mistakes at the back so I'd bring Hall back straight away too.
Come on you Sooopa ........

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:33 pm

We’ve blown hot and cold all season. We’ve got limited strength in depth. Luongo is just back and we’re mussing Cameron. Think we’ll put a run together to stay up comfortably, but is a shame that any slim hopes of the playoffs are over almost as soon as we dared mention them.

QPR-CMOB
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by QPR-CMOB » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Given our counter attacking philosophy other teams not only possess the ball more but force play , thus allowing for gaps to open up and is exploit. Seems to me that once we go a goal down and teams no longer bring the game to us we are simply not good enough to create decent quality chances from open play. Not a Matt Smith fan but only when he is introduced into the game of late have things changed but this is largely due to us not only changing shape , formation or philosophically but hitting the panic button to change and chase the game . Have to say that we look so much better attacking wise when we play at greater pace and urgency.
HAD ENOUGH OF THE COWBOYS .... QPR NEED THE INDIANS.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:55 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 pm
Won't go down well with some on here but we were heading for this run. 24% possession at home to Reading gives you a reason why. The counter attacking game worked for a while but teams have now worked it out, getting plenty of players forward and pinning us back. SMC needs to change it. I'd go with BOS for Wzsolek with immediate effect and possibly even go with Matt Smith and Wells up front to start games with Eze on the bench. SMC has made it clear that we are making mistakes at the back so I'd bring Hall back straight away too.
This, apart from Pav who is rank at the moment(Eze is another). Drop Scowen who offers even less than those two. We have also missed the steadying influence of the loannees. We are back to playing the way we were in August by the sounds of it. Think Pompey will do a job on us as well. If we get sucked into the bottom six...then it's because of our own ineptitude. Still too many players are L1at best in the team and squad.Oh and lifting a reason for our latest woes off LFW -we haven't won since Fiona Bruce took over QT :wink:

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:56 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:33 pm
We’ve blown hot and cold all season. We’ve got limited strength in depth. Luongo is just back and we’re mussing Cameron. Think we’ll put a run together to stay up comfortably, but is a shame that any slim hopes of the playoffs are over almost as soon as we dared mention them.
I knew PO talk would come back to bite us on the arse :wink: