7 games in 21 days

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: 7 games in 21 days

Post by White Duck » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:37 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:31 pm
stainesranger wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:58 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:15 pm

Bidwell is very underrated in my opinion. He constantly gets forward, gets in some decent crosses and covers acres of ground in every match - like Ned, he would be very hard to replace with another player as good
Much as I like Ned as character and a servant to the club I think we’ve already replaced him with players who are as good and less error prone
BFG - maybe, but Cameron is only on loan and Lynch is starting to blow a little "hot and cold" again after showing some good form
Leistner is a step up on Ned as a player and a captain IMO and Lynch makes no more mistakes then Ned did.
Lex Talionis........

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 am

White Duck wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:37 pm
...and Lynch makes no more mistakes then Ned did.
Not so sure about that*, but he is nowhere near as good at being able to get back to rectify/retrieve them

*Acknowledging that Lynch is now much improved
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 am
White Duck wrote:
Not so sure about that*, but he is nowhere near as good at being able to get back to rectify/retrieve them

I was basing my statement on how Lynch has been this season: Ned had a mistake a game in his locker, and would've been on a lot more money than Lynch.
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:23 pm

W12Allstars wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm
Satch wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:44 pm
I think we'd definitely struggle, i do wonder if he will remain within budget. Especially as we're likely to have to bring in reinforcements up front, unless Oteh really stakes a claim and retain or replace Lynch

There's a lot of players out of contract and whilst only a few will be really missed, It's going to leave some parts of the squad looking patchy.
Hasn’t Oteh gone out on loan? Or did I dream that?
He has, sorry, i was suggesting that his form on loan could be enough to put him in the frame as a starter next season. It would be a gamble though.
Bear-Grills wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 am
White Duck wrote:

Agreed, Ned was better at bailing himself out and was often exposed. Alongside Leistner i'm confident he would have been better than Lynch. Either way he isn't at the club now.