7 games in 21 days

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dbak
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

7 games in 21 days

Post by dbak » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:43 pm

This is what we have ahead of us in the 21 days in Feb

2nd feb Wigan a
5th feb Pompey h
9th feb Birmingham h
13th feb Bristol city a
16th feb Watford or Leeds h
19th feb West Brom h
23rd feb Middlesborough a

Let's hope we go through this period without too many injuries its a huge ask

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: 7 games in 21 days

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:47 pm

The timely return of Luongo will help.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:10 pm

Hemed, Rangel and Cameron are supposed to return in February. Let's hope they can hit the ground running.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:12 pm

Wow, some difficult fixtures in there. I wonder if we will be consistent or suffer any Preston hiccups. I can only see us picking up a 2 or 3 draws from that lot.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:06 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:10 pm
Hemed, Rangel and Cameron are supposed to return in February. Let's hope they can hit the ground running.
At this stage, i'd prefer to see Furlong keep his spot.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:06 pm
dm wrote:
I agree with you. I do worry about cover at LB as Hamalainen does not seem up to standard. Rangel can offer cover there I think and would be a safe pair of hands (or feet).

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:22 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:11 pm
Satch wrote:
dm wrote:
I agree with you. I do worry about cover at LB as Hamalainen does not seem up to standard. Rangel can offer cover there I think and would be a safe pair of hands (or feet).
Agreed, it will be a boost to have him as cover. I wonder what the club will do with Bidwell at the end of the season, i imagine he's a higher earner. He's pretty reliable but generally quite limited (although has chipped in with a few assists recently). Someone who on paper you wouldn't fancy breaking the bank on but wouldn't be that easy to replace either.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:15 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:22 pm
dm wrote:
Satch wrote:

Agreed, it will be a boost to have him as cover. I wonder what the club will do with Bidwell at the end of the season, i imagine he's a higher earner. He's pretty reliable but generally quite limited (although has chipped in with a few assists recently). Someone who on paper you wouldn't fancy breaking the bank on but wouldn't be that easy to replace either.
Bidwell is very underrated in my opinion. He constantly gets forward, gets in some decent crosses and covers acres of ground in every match - like Ned, he would be very hard to replace with another player as good
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:21 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:15 pm
Satch wrote:
dm wrote:

Bidwell is very underrated in my opinion. He constantly gets forward, gets in some decent crosses and covers acres of ground in every match - like Ned, he would be very hard to replace with another player as good
I agree. I like his attitude too. He always applies himself very very well and that still counts for a hell of a lot.
Come on you Sooopa ........

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:35 pm

Hope we keep Bidwell. OK not the most elegant player but he has a heart like a horse and puts in huge amounts of work. As stated above we would struggle to replace him on our budget.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:44 pm

I think we'd definitely struggle, i do wonder if he will remain within budget. Especially as we're likely to have to bring in reinforcements up front, unless Oteh really stakes a claim and retain or replace Lynch

There's a lot of players out of contract and whilst only a few will be really missed, It's going to leave some parts of the squad looking patchy.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Satch wrote:
dm wrote:

Much as I like Ned as character and a servant to the club I think we’ve already replaced him with players who are as good and less error prone

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:44 pm
I think we'd definitely struggle, i do wonder if he will remain within budget. Especially as we're likely to have to bring in reinforcements up front, unless Oteh really stakes a claim and retain or replace Lynch

There's a lot of players out of contract and whilst only a few will be really missed, It's going to leave some parts of the squad looking patchy.
Hasn’t Oteh gone out on loan? Or did I dream that?
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:31 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:58 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Satch wrote:

Much as I like Ned as character and a servant to the club I think we’ve already replaced him with players who are as good and less error prone
BFG - maybe, but Cameron is only on loan and Lynch is starting to blow a little "hot and cold" again after showing some good form
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:29 pm

Ned who?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare