Hall?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

guyrob07

Hall?

Post by guyrob07 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Missed the game, how was his performance at the weekend?

Interesting to see if he can force his way back into the first team? Did an ok job in midfield a few times under Holloway might be an option with current injuries and Mass away.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Hall?

Post by dm » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:16 pm

From watching a stream of the game he seemed to do okay, though was rusty as you'd expect and made a couple of mistakes.

The pre-injury Hall would be a first choice CB alongside Leistner but as Lynch has formed a good partnership with the BFG I can't see Hall getting the games he'd need to get back to form this season. Both Hall and Lynch have contracts that end this summer so it will be interesting to see whose gets renewed. Similarly, he'd need games to get up to speed and challenge Luongo, Cameron, Scowen or Cousins for a place but I can't see him getting enough. His best bet is to hope for a run in the FA cup in which he may continue to be picked.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:51 pm

I would have Hall in my starting XI. If the CB is best with BFG and Lynch then Hall would be my holding midfielder/anchor.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Also Hall was sorting out that Croatian/Serbian Fiesty little pribbling idle-headed giglet in a good way. He's a mix of Nelson/Dunne with a bit of Derry.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:03 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:51 pm
I would have Hall in my starting XI. If the CB is best with BFG and Lynch then Hall would be my holding midfielder/anchor.
I'm not sure he is match fit enough to play in midfield yet, and based on his excellent performance on Sunday I wouldn't drop Scowen.

Will be interesting to see what will happen with Hall and Lynch with them both out of contract in June: Lynch is older and I would expect him to be on more money than Hall based on where we signed them from so logically you'd keep Hall if we can't keep both. His ongoing fitness is an issue though.
Lex Talionis........

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:08 pm

..if I am not wrong I remember that before getting injured he played some matches as a back midfielder, positioning right in front of the back four....and he looked pretty good...

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:39 am

Giorgio wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:08 pm
..if I am not wrong I remember that before getting injured he played some matches as a back midfielder, positioning right in front of the back four....and he looked pretty good...
Indeed, he got rave reviews for that, Giorgio.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.