Fourth round

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1463
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Fourth round

Post by krama » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:43 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:20 pm
White Duck wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:46 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:34 pm
Newport away would be best avoided. West Ham away would do me. New ground to visit and some money in the bank for the club.
Good shout on West Ham away. Wouldn't want to play any of the top teams away and risk a shellacking though, but any of them at home would be great.

Away at Millwall or Middlesbrough would be disappointing.
... which is most probably what we'll get or indeed away to Bolton.
we're in the next round for a change, so any tie will do in truth.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4957
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Fourth round

Post by 222gers » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Having given it much thought, !'d like Tottenham at home.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Fourth round

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:45 pm

...I would prefer an easy home draw ..so home to Accrington, Newport, Oldham or Barnet would suit perfectly
to allow us into the 5th round...! I really want a run in the Cup.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3649
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Fourth round

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:24 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:45 pm
...I would prefer an easy home draw ..so home to Accrington, Newport, Oldham or Barnet would suit perfectly
to allow us into the 5th round...! I really want a run in the Cup.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:like
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1463
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Fourth round

Post by krama » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:45 pm
...I would prefer an easy home draw ..so home to Accrington, Newport, Oldham or Barnet would suit perfectly
to allow us into the 5th round...! I really want a run in the Cup.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That's disrespectful to those clubs. No such thing as an "easy" draw...the FA Cup is potentially a banana skin for higher placed clubs v lower league sides. Anyone who knows their football would know that. naughty

User avatar
redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor
Posts: 2668
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: redin

Re: Fourth round

Post by redinjun » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:18 am

John in Hemel wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:55 pm
I am in a parallel universe where we beat forest at the city ground and win a 3 Rd round fa cup tie at the first attempt!
Yes

User avatar
kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon

Re: Fourth round

Post by kernowhoop » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 am

It would be nice for the club to make some money from the FA Cup and give the fans some excitement. To do that, the criteria for Round Four seem to be:

A home game
Team selection, a mix similar to Sunday's, but maybe slightly stronger
Big, but, beat-able opposition - not necessarily Premier League
TV coverage

When 25 comes out of the bag as a home team this evening, who fits the bill as the next club drawn?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5268
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Fourth round

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 am

Aside from a few rather patchy streams and some highlights,, yesterday was the first time I'd had a chance to watch the R's (televised here).this season!

Have to say I was impressed by several things. Firstly, we were competitive all over the park. There were passages of play where we passed the ball cleanly and into good positions. The movement was good, and the effort excellent. Sure, it's a work in progress, but we looked like a proper, professional team.
Well done to those who went along and supported. It looked like a cold day!
Well done Steve and the team.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Fourth round

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:11 am

One of the minnows at home with a side like yesterdays to knock a cricket score past and boost the confidence of the players.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
QPRSTEVE75
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire

Re: Fourth round

Post by QPRSTEVE75 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:20 am

Any big prem 'B' side at home or West Ham/Spuds away

Other than that, anyone away South of the Midlands - preferably a prem side

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1463
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Fourth round

Post by krama » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:50 pm

QPRSTEVE75 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:20 am
Any big prem 'B' side at home or West Ham/Spuds away

Other than that, anyone away South of the Midlands - preferably a prem side
Could you narrow it down a bit please! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2781
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Somewhere in Hertfordshire

Re: Fourth round

Post by Barry » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:52 pm

A ‘big’ club at home or a Relatively local away game would be my choice!

Had booked to bring my 5 year old to the West Brom game with a stadium tour in the morning and he’s GUTTED that it’s unlikely to go ahead now!
QPR & Ireland

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1463
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Fourth round

Post by krama » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:11 am
One of the minnows at home with a side like yesterdays to knock a cricket score past and boost the confidence of the players.
Most likely to get stuffed if the team had that mindset. No easy games in the FA cup, the lower sides will always up their game against higher league opposition, which I am sure you already know. :wink:

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Fourth round

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:11 pm

krama wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:54 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:11 am
One of the minnows at home with a side like yesterdays to knock a cricket score past and boost the confidence of the players.
Most likely to get stuffed if the team had that mindset. No easy games in the FA cup, the lower sides will always up their game against higher league opposition, which I am sure you already know. :wink:
Didn't work for Rotherham or Tranmere.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3736
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Fourth round

Post by Satch » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:22 pm

kernowhoop wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 am
It would be nice for the club to make some money from the FA Cup and give the fans some excitement. To do that, the criteria for Round Four seem to be:

A home game
Team selection, a mix similar to Sunday's, but maybe slightly stronger
Big, but, beat-able opposition - not necessarily Premier League
TV coverage

When 25 comes out of the bag as a home team this evening, who fits the bill as the next club drawn?
Aren't gate receipts split fairly evenly in the FA cup? If it's just about money, something like Man Utd away, which would have a decent chance of being on TV as well. Are spurs selling out Wembley?

Post Reply