Match Thread vs Leeds

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6644
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 am
Location: Greenford

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by willo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:04 pm

We've won an FA Cup tie at the first attempt. McClaren is on track for canonisation! Fantastic. eangel edance

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13191
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by dm » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:02 pm
patrickqpr wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:58 pm
Does the FA Cup carry on after the 3rd round?
Indeed, how does this FA Cup work after the third round?! :shock:
No point asking around here. No one can remember what it's like in that far and distant land.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3612
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Excellent win. The young guns did well. Question marks against Ingram still. Very good atmosphere @HQ today in light of a gobby contingent from Leeds.😁
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1463
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by krama » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:46 pm

Excellent win. aniclap

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9092
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Ingram getting stick, but Smithies showed yesterday ... goalkeepers need to play regular competitive football. It's about being match fit and match sharp.

Well played Matt Ingram ... we won in the FA Cup with you in goal. There are plenty of former QPR goalkeepers who never experienced that.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1463
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by krama » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:53 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:47 pm
Ingram getting stick, but Smithies showed yesterday ... goalkeepers need to play regular competitive football. It's about being match fit and match sharp.

Well played Matt Ingram ... we won in the FA Cup with you in goal. There are plenty of former QPR goalkeepers who never experienced that.
Saw that. Smithies should have saved that though!

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13191
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by dm » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm

SMc was complimentary about all the players he brought into the starting 11. I thought BOS was excellent, Oteh and Hall were good but Ingram and Kakay were not so good.

Nonetheless, collectively the team won and that's what really matters.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6508
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by Devonranger » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Both Ingram and Kaky were involved in the early season games and lost out to Lumley and Rangel so nice for them to come into the side and win.

Absolutely love that SMC put out that line up and we brought in players like BOS, Oteh and Hall, along with those mentioned above.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by White Duck » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:19 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm
SMc was complimentary about all the players he brought into the starting 11. I thought BOS was excellent, Oteh and Hall were good but Ingram and Kakay were not so good.

Nonetheless, collectively the team won and that's what really matters.
Just back. Ingram had some horror moments in the 1st half but was pretty faultless in the 2nd, making a couple of great saves. Pleased for him. Their keeper was poor throughout: surprised he is their first choice.

Kakay was targeted but did ok IMO, great to see Hall back and he played well, Furlong and Bidwell also solid with a lovely headed goal by the latter.

Scowen MOTM for me, always looking for the ball from Ingram, and got some great tackles in. Cousins had a mixed game but did burst forward powerfully, unleashed a great shot which their keeper had to make a great save.

All the forward players did well and looked sharp: Leeds struggled to contain them. BOS is great, some lovely runs but lack of match fitness meant he was struggling with cramp well before the end. Freeman and Eze were a constant threat, Oteh is of course no Wells but scored a good penalty and didn't look out of place.

A really competitive end to end match, good atmosphere, and a deserved victory. Decent Premiership team at home in the next round I hope.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13191
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by dm » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:19 pm
dm wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm
SMc was complimentary about all the players he brought into the starting 11. I thought BOS was excellent, Oteh and Hall were good but Ingram and Kakay were not so good.

Nonetheless, collectively the team won and that's what really matters.
Just back. Ingram had some horror moments in the 1st half but was pretty faultless in the 2nd, making a couple of great saves. Pleased for him. Their keeper was poor throughout: surprised he is their first choice.

Kakay was targeted but did ok IMO, great to see Hall back and he played well, Furlong and Bidwell also solid with a lovely headed goal by the latter.

Scowen MOTM for me, always looking for the ball from Ingram, and got some great tackles in. Cousins had a mixed game but did burst forward powerfully, unleashed a great shot which their keeper had to make a great save.

All the forward players did well and looked sharp: Leeds struggled to contain them. BOS is great, some lovely runs but lack of match fitness meant he was struggling with cramp well before the end. Freeman and Eze were a constant threat, Oteh is of course no Wells but scored a good penalty and didn't look out of place.

A really competitive end to end match, good atmosphere, and a deserved victory. Decent Premiership team at home in the next round I hope.
Thanks for that WD. Good to read your reflections.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3649
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:43 pm

patrickqpr wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:58 pm
Does the FA Cup carry on after the 3rd round?
How would we know Pat?
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3649
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Bidwell = Mr Reliable
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: bounds green

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by n22hoop » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Hall played 90 minutes. When was the last time we got to read that! Great news.

Well done QPR and, again, well done McClaren. Very impressive.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1463
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by krama » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:07 pm

City at the Etihad next would be great thanks...... epray ssh

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Match Thread vs Leeds

Post by White Duck » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:08 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:47 pm
Bidwell = Mr Reliable
Bidwell has raised his levels this season to a solid 7/10 most weeks, mainly as he's been allowed to play as a natural left back and not been expected to provide our main threat from the left wing. Won the penalty, made a great block leading to the ball bobbling just past the post for them and of course scored the winner.

Always acknowledges and applauds R and S block at the beginning of the game as well!
Lex Talionis........

Post Reply