Team v Leeds

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Team v Leeds

Post by dm » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:31 pm

Caden Genovesi has been playing for Welling Utd where he's on work experience until 5th January. They have a game that Saturday so wouldn't play for us the next day.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:23 pm

SMc isn't going to throw U23 players with no first team experience at all into the starting line up and he's certainly not going to damage Ingram's morale even more by putting the U23 goalkeeper into the first team ahead of him.....
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Agreed on Ingram.

I'd like to see something like the following: It gives some key players a rest, gets players who are already on the periphery and might well be required in the near future some match practice, maintains the continuity of the system we've been playing, and shouldn't see us embarrassed.

Ingram

Furlong
Baptiste
Lynch
Hämäläinen

BOS
Cousins
Hall
Manning

Chair

Oteh

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:50 pm

I think Hall will play centre back: it was where he was picked in the League Cup earlier in the season.
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:22 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:50 pm
I think Hall will play centre back: it was where he was picked in the League Cup earlier in the season.
I agree that's more likely, i'd like to see him in midfield as he's the most natural replacement for Cameron imo (providing he can maintain fitness)

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:23 pm

I think if we lined up with :-

Ingram

Kakay
Leistner
Furlong
Bidwell

BOS
Cousins
Scowen
Manning

Eze

Oteh

Think that would give a good account and subs could be used to give other regulars some time off the pitch.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:29 pm

I think Eze could do with a full break and i don't know if there's a huge amount of merit in playing Furlong at CB just to rest Lynch. Especially as Hall could play there. Lynch also had a game off over Christmas so it might make sense to give Leistner a rest, if one of them is to sit-out.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:29 pm
I think Eze could do with a full break and i don't know if there's a huge amount of merit in playing Furlong at CB just to rest Lynch. Especially as Hall could play there. Lynch also had a game off over Christmas so it might make sense to give Leistner a rest, if one of them is to sit-out.
I'd play Leistner as he is our captain and an inexperienced team will definitely need a leader (something that was noticeably lacking in the debacle at Blackpool). He also won't take any prisoners against Dirty Leeds.
Lex Talionis........

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:15 pm

That was my thinking there - need a leader out there.

More game time for Scowen and Cousins playing as a partnership in the middle - thought as Eze played with Oreh in the under 23s would be a link there. Good to give BOS a full run too.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:30 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:31 pm
Caden Genovesi has been playing for Welling Utd where he's on work experience until 5th January. They have a game that Saturday so wouldn't play for us the next day.
Ah, I thought he was back today. Thanks.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:33 pm

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/mc ... s-special/

Sounds like he won't 'do a Blackpool' for this game which is good. But he has mentioned Lumley, Furlong, Leistner, Lynch and Wells so I wouldn't expect to see them. So that leaves:-

Ingram
Kakay
Baptiste
Hall
Bidwell
Scowen
Cousins
Wzolek
Freeman
Eze
Oteh

I would expect a few more changes though.
Lex Talionis........

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 pm

White Duck wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Sounds like he won't 'do a Blackpool' for this game which is good. But he has mentioned Lumley, Furlong, Leistner, Lynch and Wells so I wouldn't expect to see them. So that leaves:-

Ingram
Kakay
Baptiste
Hall
Bidwell
Scowen
Cousins
Wzolek
Freeman
Eze
Oteh

You missed out Chair from that list I think...your sage like knowledge of all things QPR is on the wain chum! :wink:

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:19 pm

krama wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 pm
White Duck wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Ingram
Kakay
Baptiste
Hall
Bidwell
Scowen
Cousins
Wzolek
Freeman
Eze
Oteh

You missed out Chair from that list I think...your sage like knowledge of all things QPR is on the wain chum! :wink:

volpone
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by volpone » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:54 am

What’s your feeling from the U23s about who could step up to the senior squad?
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:44 pm
In response to the anger shown at the team for Blackpool I wouldn't be too surprised if there were only a few changes; Lumley, Wzsolek and possibly Freeman (to see what Chair can do in there).
Having watched the U23's a lot this season, and not expecting to go through anyway :lol: I wouldn't be upset at my ticket money went towards seeing a side like this:
Ingram/ Brzozowski (has been very impressive since Dieng went on loan)
Furlong Hamalainen Lynch Genovesi
Osayi-Samuel Hall Phillips Dalling
Chair
Oteh

Subs: Ingram/ Brzozowski, Leistner, Bidwell, Bansal-McNulty, Scowen, Tilt, Bettache/ Nahki Wells.
I suppose it will all depend on how Bielsa views the game and whether he wants to concentrate on getting into the play offs at the end of the season. :wink:

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:33 pm

volpone wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:54 am
What’s your feeling from the U23s about who could step up to the senior squad?
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:44 pm
In response to the anger shown at the team for Blackpool I wouldn't be too surprised if there were only a few changes; Lumley, Wzsolek and possibly Freeman (to see what Chair can do in there).
Having watched the U23's a lot this season, and not expecting to go through anyway :lol: I wouldn't be upset at my ticket money went towards seeing a side like this:
Ingram/ Brzozowski (has been very impressive since Dieng went on loan)
Furlong Hamalainen Lynch Genovesi
Osayi-Samuel Hall Phillips Dalling
Chair
Oteh

Subs: Ingram/ Brzozowski, Leistner, Bidwell, Bansal-McNulty, Scowen, Tilt, Bettache/ Nahki Wells.
I suppose it will all depend on how Bielsa views the game and whether he wants to concentrate on getting into the play offs at the end of the season. :wink:
I think Marcin would be a better choice than Ingram but I fear that would only drive him out of the club and I was hoping that he would find the form we all hoped he would have. I think Genovesi will be our LB one day if Bidwell leaves. The ones I named above are all ones I think could break through to the first team for us and I especially like Dalling and Bansal-McNulty. I left Smyth out as I thought he was off on Jan 1st and ,TBH, I forgot Manning was back but he might get a run out tomorrow. Smegma on LFW is the boy for a full considered opinion on the youth players as he attends all the games.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.