Team v Leeds

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Team v Leeds

Post by White Duck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:14 am

As most of the first team played virtually all the games over the holiday period and need a rest I think it's obvious there will be major changes for the FA Cup game against Leeds on Sunday. I think this is likely:-

Ingram
Kakay
Hall
Baptiste
Bidwell
Manning
Goss
BOS
Bettache
Chair
Smith

Oteh and a few of the U23s on the bench with hopefully a few first teamers as well.

Don't think we will see Sylla (disappeared), Smyth (going out on loan) or Shodipo (still injured?).

If they do play that team I think we will probably lose.
Lex Talionis........

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Team v Leeds

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:30 am

I can think of at least one (ex ?) poster on this board who will spontaneously combust if that's the team we put out.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:41 am

For my tenner I wouldn't be too upset to see a side like that. The competition is a shambles anyway these days (only 10 ties are kicking off at 3pm on Saturday, there are 7 different kick-off times in total for the 3rd round) so if we get a chance to rest some players and see what else we have in the squad then so be it.

If we were absolute crap in the league and needed a bit of a confidence boost I might think otherwise but I don't think anyone could be upset at us resting a few players for this one.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:48 am

I agree. I normally hate it when we field a scratch team but this is a one-off situation. The team has busted a gut over the Xmas period and needs a good rest.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:17 pm

For years I have been really annoyed when we put out a reserve team and lose in the FA Cup. It has happened far too often. However, this year for all of the reasons already mentioned, I think it would be right to rest a few.

I can't see Lumley being involved after getting whacked yesterday. Give him the time to heal.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:23 pm

I doubt Bidwell will play, I'd guess most of the starting 11 from the last 5 games will be having 4 or 5 days off

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Will not be shelling out my hard earned as that team is close to what it will be after a hard Xmas program..

Now will Leeds be up for it?

Wouldn't be surprised to see our name in the fourth round hat..... 🤔
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:44 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:30 am
I can think of at least one (ex ?) poster on this board who will spontaneously combust if that's the team we put out.
(Note - copyrighted image removed. DG)
Sorry DG. :oops: Think this is ok.

Last edited by krama on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:46 pm

The fourth and fifth FA Cup rounds are scheduled for Saturdays when we have attractive home fixtures - WBA and Leeds. So if we go out at the first time of asking at least those games will be safe from being switched to Tuesdays.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:51 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:14 am
As most of the first team played virtually all the games over the holiday period and need a rest I think it's obvious there will be major changes for the FA Cup game against Leeds on Sunday. I think this is likely:-

Ingram
Kakay
Hall
Baptiste
Bidwell
Manning
Goss
BOS
Bettache
Chair
Smith

Oteh and a few of the U23s on the bench with hopefully a few first teamers as well.

Don't think we will see Sylla (disappeared), Smyth (going out on loan) or Shodipo (still injured?).

That's an interesting selection White Duck and while I also expect a number of fringe players to be given a run out, I just can't see Goss being one of them. Also, while being well thought of, Bettache is an 18 year old who is not yet a regular in the 23s so I can't see him in either.

For what it's worth, I think Ingram, Hall, BOS, Manning, Chair and Smith the elder will start.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:02 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:46 pm
The fourth and fifth FA Cup rounds are scheduled for Saturdays when we have attractive home fixtures - WBA and Leeds. So if we go out at the first time of asking at least those games will be safe from being switched to Tuesdays.
That's a really rubbish benefit to losing in the FA Cup! :?
Lex Talionis........

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:21 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:51 pm
White Duck wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:14 am

Ingram
Kakay
Hall
Baptiste
Bidwell
Manning
Goss
BOS
Bettache
Chair
Smith

That's an interesting selection White Duck and while I also expect a number of fringe players to be given a run out, I just can't see Goss being one of them. Also, while being well thought of, Bettache is an 18 year old who is not yet a regular in the 23s so I can't see him in either.

For what it's worth, I think Ingram, Hall, BOS, Manning, Chair and Smith the elder will start.
The team I'd LIKE to see is:

Ingram
Kakay
Leistner
Hall
Bidwell
Cousins
Manning
BOS
Smyth
Chair
Smith

With Wells, Freeman, Furlong, Oteh, Lumley, Scowen and Bettache on the bench.
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:32 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:21 pm
The team I'd LIKE to see is:

Ingram
Kakay
Leistner
Hall
Bidwell
Cousins
Manning
BOS
Smyth
Chair
Smith

With Wells, Freeman, Furlong, Oteh, Lumley, Scowen and Bettache on the bench.
Yes, I'd quite like that team too.

I can see why SMc may want to keep Furlong in as he's only just returned and will benefit from playing.

Scowen and Cousins also need games to further improve and playing another match together would help their partnership.

I'd like to see Manning tried in the Freeman role which, as just explained in another thread, could well be his best position.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:46 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:46 pm
Although ... if WBA win at home to Wigan in the 3rd round (which they should) that's that Saturday fixture gone, and similarly whatever the result on Sunday, if the winner progresses beyond round 4 that one gets switched too.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:44 pm

In response to the anger shown at the team for Blackpool I wouldn't be too surprised if there were only a few changes; Lumley, Wzsolek and possibly Freeman (to see what Chair can do in there).
Having watched the U23's a lot this season, and not expecting to go through anyway :lol: I wouldn't be upset at my ticket money went towards seeing a side like this:
Ingram/ Brzozowski (has been very impressive since Dieng went on loan)
Furlong Hamalainen Lynch Genovesi
Osayi-Samuel Hall Phillips Dalling
Chair
Oteh

Subs: Ingram/ Brzozowski, Leistner, Bidwell, Bansal-McNulty, Scowen, Tilt, Bettache/ Nahki Wells.
I suppose it will all depend on how Bielsa views the game and whether he wants to concentrate on getting into the play offs at the end of the season. :wink:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.