Villa match thread and predictions

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Villa match thread and predictions

Post by krama » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:10 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:58 pm
The term Game Management conceals a mulitude of sins my son ! Feigning injury, time wasting, pressurising referees, simulation and whatever nefarious ideas are currently going around in managers' heads to win at all costs. It'll drive fans away in the end.
I know it does.
As the saying goes, if you can't beat them join them. Personally I don't have an issue with "game management"...If it means a win or not losing that's fine by me.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:15 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:18 pm
14 mins of time added on in the end. Lumley is really starting to piss me off with his time wasting. It's not even subtle, so the ref isn't getting fooled by his nonsense.
Someone over on the LFW board is suggesting we express our disapproval by booing our own team when they do it. Bloke calling himself "Stainrod's Elbow".

I wonder if DG negotiated a transfer fee...
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:28 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:15 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
14 mins of time added on in the end. Lumley is really starting to piss me off with his time wasting. It's not even subtle, so the ref isn't getting fooled by his nonsense.
Someone over on the LFW board is suggesting we express our disapproval by booing our own team when they do it. Bloke calling himself "Stainrod's Elbow".

Release the "Krama"!
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:35 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:15 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

Why only boo our time wasting? How about when one of our players commits a foul or doesn't give the ball back to the opposition for a free kick, or celebrates in front of opposition fans when we score?

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing properly.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:13 am

Dear oh dear we are losing sight of the great, battling performance yesterday from the lads.

Urrrrsssssss!

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:16 am

222gers wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:29 pm
It's a pity we can't post that picture on their fans' site. They were also saying our time wasting was the worst they've ever seen. I know some of our fans say well, we've had it done to us so we're getting our own back. Well, maybe, but I'm not at all comfortable with it.
Lumely will run the clock down where he can, which is annoying but unfortunately par for the course in this division. Other than that i don't think we're that bad. I don't recall us feigning injury or much in the way of simulation. We're not angels but i don't think we're close to the worst culprits for shithousery in the league. Lumley was clearly hurt (and Kodija should have walked) and Wszołek who also required treatment had to limp off.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:31 am

Rbee wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:13 am
Dear oh dear we are losing sight of the great, battling performance yesterday from the lads.
Urrrrsssssss!
Good point, well made :like
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:16 am
222gers wrote:
It's a pity we can't post that picture on their fans' site. They were also saying our time wasting was the worst they've ever seen. I know some of our fans say well, we've had it done to us so we're getting our own back. Well, maybe, but I'm not at all comfortable with it.
Lumely will run the clock down where he can, which is annoying but unfortunately par for the course in this division. Other than that i don't think we're that bad. I don't recall us feigning injury or much in the way of simulation. We're not angels but i don't think we're close to the worst culprits for shithousery in the league. Lumley was clearly hurt (and Kodija should have walked) and Wszołek who also required treatment had to limp off.
True, and I seem to recall quite a few calls previously that we were too nice and too naive to compete properly - we can't have it both ways
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:35 pm
Satch wrote:
222gers wrote:
True, and I seem to recall quite a few calls previously that we were too nice and too naive to compete properly - we can't have it both ways
This is the truth BG! aniclap nailonhead

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:35 pm
Satch wrote:
222gers wrote:
aniclap

Also I'd imagine that he's under instructions to do it.

I wonder how many points it has earned us?