The next 3 games to define our season ?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

The next 3 games to define our season ?

Post by IJM » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:19 pm

IMHO, the next 3 games against teams currently in the top 6 could well define our season. We have Leeds (A), Middlesbrough (H), then Forest (A).

If we our to maintain our outside chances of seriously challenging for a top six spot, then we need to accumulate some points from these very tough fixtures. If we fail at all 3 , then its a mid-table finish, which I would certainly have settled for after our opening 4 games.

Its nearly as exciting as the Brexit vote on the 11th !!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: The next 3 games to define our season ?

Post by 222gers » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:53 pm

Three murderously tough games, strangely I feel Leeds might be our best hope of points. Things get a little easier on paper after these three games.

I don't feel we have a realistic chance of the playoffs though. Midtable would be more than we dared to hope for a while back.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:26 pm

It's always tempting to see the next three games as season-defining, and perhaps these three might be particularly if we won them all! But, more often they turn out to be just part of a 46 game season.

That said, how many points from the next three games would be acceptable? I'd love 4 points; would happily accept 3 points but wouldn't be too surprised if we end up with zero.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:21 pm

I would be very pleasantly surprised if we finished in a top six place but I really can't see that happening.

Having said that our recent form and league position are far better than I thought they would be back in August, well done our club.

I hope that Schteve and the boys relish the challenge of the next three games and learn from the experience.

Any points would be better than expected and certainly no chins down if we find ourselves on the end of a four game losing streak which certainly wouldn't define our season.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:16 pm

It could be season defining if we lost all 3, which on paper we could do. Purely because it would then mean 4 defeats on the spin and no win in 6 which could start all the rumblings again.

But a sneaky win would be most welcome.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Three hard fought defeats would be choker but not unexpected, what won't be acceptable will be rolling over and playing badly. Normally by November's end we have lost most of those games and battening down the hatches for a poor Xmas period. We have exceeded expectations so far this season and I wouldn't let losing results in our next three games be too much of a worry.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Forest must super confident with their good form and us never having won there - perhaps they'll get over confident, and the law of averages finally come down on our side?
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:01 am

I think with a bit of luck, we could grind out a draw at Leeds who are slipping a bit, nab a hard-fought 1-0 against Middlesboring and sadly I expect us to lose at NF just to keep the tradition going. I don't honestly think we'll get nil point. What a fool believes?

Instead of that bit of luck we got another bent penalty against us. 1st goal could've been offside too.
Last edited by Montag on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:23 am

Every 3 games in a row can be defining. Win 3 in a row, you shoot up the table and confidence is high. Lose 3 in a row and you have the opposite. I'm still going for a comfortable mid-table finish.
A little flirt with the play-offs would be great but unexpected. After the first 4 games I think we are doing fine so far and I've enjoyed some good individual and team displays.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:46 pm

If we do lose four in a row, I hope it doesn't undo all the good work done so far. The defeat to Hull was very disappointing for me, as it may have been our last chance of some points before three incredibly tough games. Confidence can take a big knock... especially if we are losing badly. The defence needs to find it's Mojo again - and we need more from Eze, Wells and Hemed at the other end. I'm coming over for the Leeds Cup tie, so today should give me a good idea what to expect. Come on U R'ssssssss.