Our worst managers

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Our worst managers

Post by Hoop'83 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 am

Redknapp will always be forgiven in my eyes due to providing the greatest moment I’ve had as a fan.
@kischmusic

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:37 am

Hoop'83 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 am
Redknapp will always be forgiven in my eyes due to providing the greatest moment I’ve had as a fan.
That was only in the last 10 seconds of a game he had given up on. Most of the credit for that win should have gone to Steve Black & Clint Hill. 'arry had gone on his holidays long before the end.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:09 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:37 am
Hoop'83 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 am
That was only in the last 10 seconds of a game he had given up on. Most of the credit for that win should have gone to Steve Black & Clint Hill. 'arry had gone on his holidays long before the end.
As always spot on, completely gave up by keeping 2 strikers on when we went down to 10 men absolutely clueless.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:07 am

redinjun wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:09 pm
As always spot on, completely gave up by keeping 2 strikers on when we went down to 10 men absolutely clueless.
That was down to Clint Hill, as I mentioned above. He was the one who said that he should be taken off when they were getting ready to hook Hoilett, I think it was. 'arry had already taken off Kranjcar for Traore to come on. He had already swapped one striker out for Zamora to come on too.
As I mentioned before, 'arry never gave a flying wander about QPR, never referred to us as his team, my boys etc. It was always "They're a good team/ bunch of lads" "The chairman's club" etc. At least Hughes and Bowen had the decency to look really jubilant up at Man City when we knew we were safe, even if it was just so he could keep his never relegated fact intact. Harry never gave a monkey's about QPR.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:01 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:07 am
redinjun wrote:
That was down to Clint Hill, as I mentioned above. He was the one who said that he should be taken off when they were getting ready to hook Hoilett, I think it was. 'arry had already taken off Kranjcar for Traore to come on. He had already swapped one striker out for Zamora to come on too.
As I mentioned before, 'arry never gave a flying wander about QPR, never referred to us as his team, my boys etc. It was always "They're a good team/ bunch of lads" "The chairman's club" etc. At least Hughes and Bowen had the decency to look really jubilant up at Man City when we knew we were safe, even if it was just so he could keep his never relegated fact intact. Harry never gave a monkey's about QPR.
You are literally the dictionary definition of 'IN THE KNOW'. Whilst most of us less intelligent fans watched us win at Wembley you had the benefit of sitting on the bench next to Harry.
I'm surprised you didn't tell Harry not to bring Zamora on. :roll:

Your constant slagging off of the man is childish and pathetic.
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:15 pm

White Duck wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:01 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
redinjun wrote:
You are literally the dictionary definition of 'IN THE KNOW'. Whilst most of us less intelligent fans watched us win at Wembley you had the benefit of sitting on the bench next to Harry.
I'm surprised you didn't tell Harry not to bring Zamora on. :roll:

Your constant slagging off of the man is childish and pathetic.
Your constant defence of him is unfathomable. I bet you still haven't read that book I pointed you towards either have you? It's full of facts that you may find unpalatable.

redinjun

Post by redinjun » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:59 pm

I really enjoyed a visit to speakers corner recently, lots of passionate debate getting disproportionately attached to the facts in the Bible or Quran. I do enjoy a bit of passion wherever the fuel comes from.

I liked the interview Harry gave on the pitch after the play off win, full of emotion, a bit of disbelief and chuffed to bits.

I am sorry that the joy of that moment appears infected with bitterness for some.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:44 pm

It was the greatest sporting day of my life...

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
redinjun wrote:
I'd have to agree with that. He actually looked deflated while being interviewed amidst all the jubilation on the pitch after the playoff. Amazing to say for a promotion-winning manager, the manner of it was somehow joyless, and it was a relief when he finally slung his hook.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star