Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by 222gers » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Our worst manager by a country mile.

John in Hemel
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by John in Hemel » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:35 pm

If the always totally prepared Mr Hughes can't get a job then maybe he could follow strop strop Harry into the jungle!

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5077
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by Rbee » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:02 pm

Whilst Hughes was with us not all of the signings were down to him but overall of course he did a poor job.... on his watch.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:34 pm

Hughes was simply a c**t!
Staff Benda Bilili

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3469
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:54 pm

I wonder who he's going to interview for his next train wreck
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2414
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by White Duck » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 am

Surely his last top division job? First manager to be sacked by two Premier League clubs in the same calendar year apparently. :D
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8901
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Usually, a manager climbs the pole, learning from experience and reaching a peak. With Hughes he seems to have peaked early as Wales manager before joining Manchester City (as the money arrived). Since then it has been a slow decent, with only a couple of OK seasons at Stoke to delay that decline.

TV punditry next? Not with that accent and arrogant chip on his shoulder.

Still, he's mugged a fair few clubs for a decent living over the years, so he should be OK for a while at least.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4376
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by Wegerle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:36 pm

I nearly fell out of love with QPR when Hughes was our manager. The one and only time that nearly happened in my 40+ years of support. I'd rather us be in League 2 then in the PL league with Hughes. Everything was wrong with the club during that time. (except our support)

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20612
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:36 pm
I nearly fell out of love with QPR when Hughes was our manager. The one and only time that nearly happened in my 40+ years of support. I'd rather us be in League 2 then in the PL league with Hughes. Everything was wrong with the club during that time. (except our support)
Yep, those heady days of avoiding relegation with games against Stoke, Spurs etc. and capped off by that unforgettable day at Man City. Some of the best atmospheres at Loftus Road, and away, in a long time. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5163
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:18 pm

and Liverpool (3-2) and Arsenal (1-0) ...

Won 5 home games in a row to give us a chance of survival at the Etihad....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20612
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:20 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:18 pm
and Liverpool (3-2) and Arsenal (1-0) ...

Won 5 home games in a row to give us a chance of survival at the Etihad....
That's why I put etc. That was a heady few weeks and LR was rocking. It's a real shame when it all went horribly wrong after "not on my watch" as that was some of the most exciting football in years.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5163
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:58 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:20 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:18 pm
and Liverpool (3-2) and Arsenal (1-0) ...

Won 5 home games in a row to give us a chance of survival at the Etihad....
That's why I put etc. That was a heady few weeks and LR was rocking. It's a real shame when it all went horribly wrong after "not on my watch" as that was some of the most exciting football in years.
"not on my watch" I really believed that BS.... I really did...

We had a very poor pre-season playing against some hopeless Asian sides.... (The less said the better)

Then a 5 - 0 drubbing at home by Swansea on the opening day.... I remember the QPR open day on the following Monday at the stadium as all the fans looked shell shocked by the weekend's result...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4314
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by Montag » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:42 pm

SACT COS 'E SUCT!! AGAIN!!!! Hughes YOU ****!!! :evil:

Some mug of a club will employ him though. As sure as night follows day.

I would employ him. TO UNBLOCK THE BOGS AT LR - WITH HIS FACE!!
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4376
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by Wegerle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:02 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:36 pm
I nearly fell out of love with QPR when Hughes was our manager. The one and only time that nearly happened in my 40+ years of support. I'd rather us be in League 2 then in the PL league with Hughes. Everything was wrong with the club during that time. (except our support)
Yep, those heady days of avoiding relegation with games against Stoke, Spurs etc. and capped off by that unforgettable day at Man City. Some of the best atmospheres at Loftus Road, and away, in a long time. :D
The events you mention had to do with us, the supporters, not with our soulless manager! :wink:
Now Oldham at home and Sheffield Wednesday away under Ollie were near spiritual occassions where, as a grown man, I have to admit, I shed a tear. :oops:

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9716
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Mark Hughes Sacked By Saints...

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:02 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:36 pm
I nearly fell out of love with QPR when Hughes was our manager. The one and only time that nearly happened in my 40+ years of support. I'd rather us be in League 2 then in the PL league with Hughes. Everything was wrong with the club during that time. (except our support)
Yep, those heady days of avoiding relegation with games against Stoke, Spurs etc. and capped off by that unforgettable day at Man City. Some of the best atmospheres at Loftus Road, and away, in a long time. :D
Exactly this. We beat Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal, plus Swansea and Stoke, who were both pretty decent PL teams at the time.
Yes, it went horribly wrong thereafter, and Hughes seems to be a hard man to like on a personal level, but there were some memorable days during the first half of his tenure.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Post Reply