Just got back ...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Just got back ...

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Obviously disappointed to lose, especially at home, however ...

I thought we looked tired today. The whole team started slowly, and there were numerous sloppy balls, it was like we were half a yard slower all over the pitch. No surprise then we went a goal down on 6 minutes. To add insult to injury it was 2-0 on 20 minutes and we were still in second gear.

That goal did at least seem to have the desired effect, and we scored on 22 minutes. the rest of the half was a lot more even, although Rangel smashed one against the post just after half an hour - deserved to find the back of the net with that.

1-2 at half time

Fairly even into the second half, and then on 70 minutes they scored again. We were sitting in line, and several people around me were saying Bowen was off side in the build up (phase 1) but I'll admit I didn't notice as my attention was elsewhere.

Into injury time and Freeman pulls one back ... sadly too little too late, though he did put a free kick inches wide just before the final whistle.

Steve McLaren made three attacking substitutions taking off Cameron, Rangel and Wszolek for Hemed, Smith & BOS.

So fair play to him for going for it, but it wasn't to be.

Looking at the stats ... we have 4 players who have started every league game, and 2 who have started all bar one game. With Steve McLaren's decision to generally leave his substitutions until late in the game, it's not hard to see why they might be a little jaded. With the exception of Cameron at Stoke we have had the same starting 11 for the last 5 games, and the 3 before that the same apart from Hemed for Wells.

No criticism from me on that one ... Olly frequently changed the starting 11, so it's good to have some consistency. Throw into the mix, that we played in Yorkshire on Tuesday, and the players wouldn't have got back to London until the early hours, I think today was understandable.

One positive, was BOS - an 86th minute substitute, he looked fresh, hungry and up for the challenge. Maybe he should start next Saturday?

Perhaps too, they should all have a Spa day in the week to relax, refresh and help prepare for Leeds.

Not a disaster today, on another day, we'd have got at least a point. I am though a little worried that our defence which only conceded once during October, has let in 10 in the last month.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Just got back ...

Post by White Duck » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:58 pm

Thanks for the report.

I didn't.go but my Dad says Eze wasn't really involved today and BOS looked dangerous when he came on: I think your point re tiredness is a valid one and leaving the substitutions so late every game is not helping.

Would also look at putting Hall in instead of Lynch for the next game.
Lex Talionis........

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:57 am

Thanks Zenith

yes, heard similar from my son who went.

is it me of has this Board de-tuned itself from seasons back ?

they'd be a host of moaners on here at the end of the match with meaningless drivel wanting all kinds of changes.

maybe we've all matured into Old Farts who can't be bothered anymore?

Never the less, you can't win them all, a disappointing loss, but understandable, defence comments worrying though.....

You RRrrsss etc
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Rod
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Rod » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:16 am

Our defence couldn’t cope with their forward Bowen,particularly Leinster.He ran at them all game and,as zenith said we looked very heavy legged.They looked threatening every time they attacked
It wasn’t for a lack of effort on our part,just not good enough on the day
Stupid booking for lynch for raring up at Bowen right towards the end-probably frustration at the damage he had done.Might have been different if he had gone in hard in the first couple of minutes rather than the last!

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:41 am

A bad day at the office was how most spoke of it after the game and that would be a fairly accurate description. Bowen and Campbell were a threat all afternoon and Hulll were the best organised side I have seen at Loftus Road this season. Hull's first wasn't great defending but Lumley looked like he was anticipating a cross as he moved onto his right foot just before Bowen did what most of us behind the goal thought he was going to do and fired it into the back of the net, poor positioning from Joe for that one.
Their second was just a blur and I can honestly say that from around 12-15 yards away looking directly at the goalmouth I didn't have a clue what happened, or who scored. I would have to lay the blame at Joe's feet once again for their third as the first shot was straight at him and should have been comfortably held and not parried back out to Bowen who scored easily.
The defence looked out of sorts all the way across the backline and it was mainly down to a lack of pace. Lynch definitely looked like he was angling for his early trip to Dubai and it was only the total incompetence of the shit ref that denied him his well deserved red card at the end. First half, only Luongo and Pawel came out of with any credit at all; Wells, Eze & Freeman were anonymous. Cameron tackled and covered well but his distribution was fairly woeful and put us in trouble a couple of times with poor passes.
Despite the result, and my painting a gloomy picture above, QPR could have gone in at half time 4-1 up if it hadn't been for three world class saves from David Marshall, each one stopping a certain goal during a spell where QPR were by far the dominant force in the game and Rangel also hit the goal frame with a cracking shot.
Around the 55th minute of the game I passed the opinion to those around me that I would have withdrawn Wells, moved Eze further forward to see if it would improve his chances of scoring, and brought BOS on and moved Freeman inside behind Eze (a bit dangerous as they get in each others way when played close together but it was a need for change driving my thinking). This didn't happen until the 77th(?) minute and as soon as BOS got the ball for the first time (around 5 minutes after he came on strangely) he showed what he offers the side and significantly contributed to both our 2nd goal and and overall feeling that we might just get something out of the game.
I noticed that a while before he was substituted, Cameron was moved forward in midfield and Massimo moved into Camerons covering role which basically starved us of what each of those best bring to a game. Due to the substitution, I am guessing that Cameron was either completely knackered or has picked up an injury.
Just in case you missed it earlier, the ref was absolutely shit yesterday, the worst I have seen for a number of years at Loftus Road, a view shared by Hull manager Nigel Adkins who I had a 5 minute chat with whilst he was waiting to be picked up after the game. I jibed him a bit for the time wasting but we both agreed that if the ref had been any better then it wouldn't have been an issue and he also said that the decision not to send Lynch off for the disgraceful tackle at the end was "a disgusting decision" and I could only agree. He seems like a sort of bloke you would happily go for a pint with and talk about football without him coming over as arrogant etc. A 6/10 day for QPR but still only 2 defeats in 10 which is a lot better than most would have hoped for earlier in the season.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:53 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:41 am
A bad day at the office was how most spoke of it after the game and that would be a fairly accurate description. Bowen and Campbell were a threat all afternoon and Hulll were the best organised side I have seen at Loftus Road this season. Hull's first wasn't great defending but Lumley looked like he was anticipating a cross as he moved onto his right foot just before Bowen did what most of us behind the goal thought he was going to do and fired it into the back of the net, poor positioning from Joe for that one.
Their second was just a blur and I can honestly say that from around 12-15 yards away looking directly at the goalmouth I didn't have a clue what happened, or who scored. I would have to lay the blame at Joe's feet once again for their third as the first shot was straight at him and should have been comfortably held and not parried back out to Bowen who scored easily.
The defence looked out of sorts all the way across the backline and it was mainly down to a lack of pace. Lynch definitely looked like he was angling for his early trip to Dubai and it was only the total incompetence of the shit ref that denied him his well deserved red card at the end. First half, only Luongo and Pawel came out of with any credit at all; Wells, Eze & Freeman were anonymous. Cameron tackled and covered well but his distribution was fairly woeful and put us in trouble a couple of times with poor passes.
Despite the result, and my painting a gloomy picture above, QPR could have gone in at half time 4-1 up if it hadn't been for three world class saves from David Marshall, each one stopping a certain goal during a spell where QPR were by far the dominant force in the game and Rangel also hit the goal frame with a cracking shot.
Around the 55th minute of the game I passed the opinion to those around me that I would have withdrawn Wells, moved Eze further forward to see if it would improve his chances of scoring, and brought BOS on and moved Freeman inside behind Eze (a bit dangerous as they get in each others way when played close together but it was a need for change driving my thinking). This didn't happen until the 77th(?) minute and as soon as BOS got the ball for the first time (around 5 minutes after he came on strangely) he showed what he offers the side and significantly contributed to both our 2nd goal and and overall feeling that we might just get something out of the game.
I noticed that a while before he was substituted, Cameron was moved forward in midfield and Massimo moved into Camerons covering role which basically starved us of what each of those best bring to a game. Due to the substitution, I am guessing that Cameron was either completely knackered or has picked up an injury.
Just in case you missed it earlier, the ref was absolutely shit yesterday, the worst I have seen for a number of years at Loftus Road, a view shared by Hull manager Nigel Adkins who I had a 5 minute chat with whilst he was waiting to be picked up after the game. I jibed him a bit for the time wasting but we both agreed that if the ref had been any better then it wouldn't have been an issue and he also said that the decision not to send Lynch off for the disgraceful tackle at the end was "a disgusting decision" and I could only agree. He seems like a sort of bloke you would happily go for a pint with and talk about football without him coming over as arrogant etc. A 6/10 day for QPR but still only 2 defeats in 10 which is a lot better than most would have hoped for earlier in the season.
Indeed - to be honest.....to date..I am more than happy with our progress. Still lots of things to work on. Glad to actually hear these reports from fans that attended the matches..
However.....some fans need a slap around the head ..they still clearer think that QPR are the best side in this league, :D

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Not disheartened to be honest. I hoped we would scrape a win but sensed that we were due a defeat. Narrow margins, but that's how it goes sometimes. It's a minor setback but hopefully the players will be ready for the battle at Leeds next week. It's a tight pack at the top of the table and we're doing well to keep up. Pretty good season so far tbh.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:13 pm
Not disheartened to be honest. I hoped we would scrape a win but sensed that we were due a defeat. Narrow margins, but that's how it goes sometimes. It's a minor setback but hopefully the players will be ready for the battle at Leeds next week. It's a tight pack at the top of the table and we're doing well to keep up. Pretty good season so far tbh.
Yep, we're not good enough to sit back and relax in matches at the moment, so that unexpected defeat could serve to sharpen their focus a bit going forward. Still been a good season so far for me, lots of positives.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:34 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:57 am
Thanks Zenith

yes, heard similar from my son who went.

is it me of has this Board de-tuned itself from seasons back ?

they'd be a host of moaners on here at the end of the match with meaningless drivel wanting all kinds of changes.

maybe we've all matured into Old Farts who can't be bothered anymore?

Never the less, you can't win them all, a disappointing loss, but understandable, defence comments worrying though.....

You RRrrsss etc
The difference is that we can see progress, in years gone by the situation at the club would have been an ongoing joke and the
team would have also been taking the p1$$ on the pitch too.
If a joke atmosphere returns then message board meltdown is justified.
Staff Benda Bilili

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:42 pm

Rod wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:16 am
ay
Stupid booking for lynch for raring up at Bowen right towards the end-probably frustration at the damage he had done.Might have been different if he had gone in hard in the first couple of minutes rather than the last!
....very stupid also because it looked like those "spectacular" fouls that easily receive a red card, especially with refs like the one we had on Sat... :wink:

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:32 am

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:42 pm
Rod wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:16 am
ay
....very stupid also because it looked like those "spectacular" fouls that easily receive a red card, especially with refs like the one we had on Sat... :wink:
Isn't Lynch looking for his normal Dubai Xmas 'holiday''? A straight red about now would do the trick!