Rotherham match - Two penalty shouts?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

radianz

Rotherham match - Two penalty shouts?

Post by radianz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 am

Did anyone else at the game or watching on TV think we had a shout for at least two penalties last night?

That 90 seconds of play after Lynch was pushed in the back, which for me looked a certain penalty and then breaking up the Rotherham attack with Lynch still lying in the box and then Eze marauding forward only to be tripped in/or on the edge of the box and nearly falling on top of Lynch was very surreal. The ref was officious in his decisions clamping down on petty challenges but he balked the two big ones for me. Anyone agree?

Having said that a really entertaining game and a nice stadium. I'm very happy with the commitment being shown by the players, it seems that Steve M has galvanized that squad of players and it's so good to see a team performance with players knowing their jobs. Very happy this morning and long may it continue.

As Frank Sinatra sang over the tannoy at the start of the game "I want to be a part of it, New York, New York". Well we certainly were part of it and delivered a great point on the road.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Rotherham match - Two penalty shouts?

Post by White Duck » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Yeah I think we were unlucky not to get at least one of them but the referee was poor all night IMO. Unbelievable that he booked NO Rotherham players as they were not shy in repeatedly fouling, especially Eze.

Rotherham were well versed in shithousery all night: crowding the ref on numerous occasions trying to pressure him for stronger action, especially when Pav killed their player when they both jumped for the ball. Was worried the ref might go for the red card, but when he didn't the mortally wounded Rotherham player sprung up very quickly: a miraculous recovery. :roll:
Lex Talionis........

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:23 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:29 pm
Yeah I think we were unlucky not to get at least one of them but the referee was poor all night IMO. Unbelievable that he booked NO Rotherham players as they were not shy in repeatedly fouling, especially Eze.

Rotherham were well versed in shithousery all night: crowding the ref on numerous occasions trying to pressure him for stronger action, especially when Pav killed their player when they both jumped for the ball. Was worried the ref might go for the red card, but when he didn't the mortally wounded Rotherham player sprung up very quickly: a miraculous recovery. :roll:
Word of the day candidate aniclap

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:04 pm

The red button coverage has no replays.

Very strange in this day and age.

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:10 pm

I agree re the red button coverage. No replays, one camera and a commentator who (if you believe what you read) is not even at the ground.

Better than nothing though even if my Sky Q feed is about 55 seconds behind my Dads! He rung me last night (after we had scored) and then heard my son cheer in the front room!

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:38 pm

redinjun wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:23 pm
White Duck wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Word of the day candidate aniclap
Yep, agreed
Staff Benda Bilili

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am

They nearly killed Peter Hucker and cost us promotion in '82. Never forget. Filth.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare