Just got back ...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Just got back ...

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:00 pm

A thoroughly enjoyable and creditable point.

The one negative - it was bloody freezing! My toes still haven't thawed out.

So, we started fast and Stoke had hardly been in our half when Rangel put a thumping header from an Eze cross away on 7 minutes! The approx 900 travelling R's went wild! In fact we dominated the first 20 minutes, and I was thinking this could be a very good afternoon. Then on 21 minutes with the R's cruising Lynch played a sloppy pass out of defence which was intercepted by Tom Ince - actually he passed the ball straight to him, and the ball was bundled home on the line by Berahino. Pretty much the rest of the half we were on the back foot, which was disappointing as we had been so on top for the first 20 minutes.

1-1 at half time.

Two minutes into the second half and Freeman was fouled as he was about to play Wells through for a one on one. The free kick was one Freeman would definitely have taken, but he had to leave the pitch, only to return on the referee's signal as the free kick was taken, which of course came to nothing. It seemed like we were punished twice there. A word on the officials (well two) ... very poor! Lynch was booked on 3 minutes, when a better official would have had a word, and given him the benefit of it being very early in the game. The lino's missed loads of offsides - though they did dis-allow two Stoke goals (including a Crouch header on 88 minutes) for offside. Eze got no protection, and hardly any free kicks all afternoon. By contrast the ref seemed only too happy to blow up any time a Stoke player hit the deck.

On 61 minutes Joe Allen tapped in after what seemed like a crossed header from an offside position. We were then very much on the back foot, and I though - here we go again, a very familiar away result from any time in the last 10 years or more.

Then step forward Mr Angel Rangel, who on 78 minutes smashed a screamer past Buckland! To say we got a little bit excited would be a real understatement.

Five minutes of injury time, but I think he played nearer 8 ... it felt like he was waiting for them to score, but we saw it out. I was very happy with the point, overall a good performance, though I think we missed Cameron at the back.

One other little ditty ... I was sat right by the tunnel, and about 2.40 pm Charlie Adam came over ... another QPR fan called him over for an autograph. So, I asked him if he was playing (it didn't look like it - as he wasn't warming up, though he did have a Stoke track suit on). He said ... "I'm not even training with the first squad!" He clearly was not happy, and I sensed some unrest in the Stoke dressing room. Of course Charlie Adam is one of their better players, so I was pleased to hear he wouldn't be playing against us. Watch this space ... Charlie Adam to leave Stoke in January - you heard it here first!

EDIT ... Just seen the goals on TV - Their 2nd was definitely offside - not even close. As I said the officials were poor!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Just got back ...

Post by 222gers » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:17 pm

Thanks....nice write-up. I was beginning to despair of anyone posting on here tonight. You think there hadn't been a match today ! Where is everyone ?

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Never mind the two goals from Rangel - the assists for both from Eze were sublime. What a player!

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Yes, not the usual Saturday night after a match, although had we lost you always kinda feel "they're out there".........

Hope and can't see Rangel going to Norwich, for what? Uproot again for 6 months of.....uncertainty, he knows he's loved here and when your in the Autumn of your career playin every week..?

A point from an ex Premiership club is a great point.....great report / many thanks
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Thanks for the report: sounds like an enjoyable day out for our fans and a great battling performance from the team. Just seen the goals and the Eze/Rangel combinations on both goals were fantastic 8)
Lex Talionis........

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:19 pm

in the weird world that I inhabit I chose to have a scan of the Stokies forum.......they aint happy, in fact I don't they've been happy since Matthews retired...

Oddly they have taken a consistent stance against Rowett. All of which leaves a funny juxtaposition with them having Rowett, - who we all practically agreed would have made a sound manager for us, versus McClaren, who they see more than capable of doing a good job for them, as he's done for us with limited resources etc.

"Strange World Saint"
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Rod
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Rod » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Ironically I think one of the most pleasing statistics of today’s game was the four bookings.We are proving we are no longer a soft touch and are earning the right to play..Not wearing that pink kit is a psychological boost too!Nice report zenith

volpone
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by volpone » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:09 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:00 pm

EDIT ... Just seen the goals on TV - Their 2nd was definitely offside - not even close. As I said the officials were poor!
Can’t see the player who heads in when the ball is crossed in, but then it pans to him and he looks five yards offside!

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 pm

Thanks for the report, Zen. Sounds like the lads did a good job today. Good result. Well done to you and everyone else who made the trip.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:14 am

Thanks Zen, great report

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:41 pm
Never mind the two goals from Rangel - the assists for both from Eze were sublime. What a player!
Please stop talking about Eze, you're only adding to the likelihood of him being nabbed away by Spurs, Wolves, Scum, F***ham, etc. :wink:
Staff Benda Bilili