Championship Player of the Month

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Championship Player of the Month

Post by karateelvis » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:14 am

Not arguing that Lucas Jutkiewicz didn't deserve the award the award in October, scoring 5 goals, but I see neither our inexperienced young GK or any of the back 4 got nominated despite keeping 4 clean sheets in 5 games throughout the month.
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Championship Player of the Month

Post by Satch » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm

karateelvis wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:14 am
Not arguing that Lucas Jutkiewicz didn't deserve the award the award in October, scoring 5 goals, but I see neither our inexperienced young GK or any of the back 4 got nominated despite keeping 4 clean sheets in 5 games throughout the month.
We don't want any attention on our players cheers. Tbf, i'd also say it's been a solid team effort. Lynch as looked good but i'm not sure he would stand out enough for the award. Tbf, i also only watch QPR so i'm in no position to judge.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Tbf, i also only watch QPR so i'm in no position to judge.
Nothing else worth watching, tbf :D
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Satch wrote:
karateelvis wrote:
We don't want any attention on our players cheers. Tbf, i'd also say it's been a solid team effort. Lynch as looked good but i'm not sure he would stand out enough for the award. Tbf, i also only watch QPR so i'm in no position to judge.
Not a football fan in general then? That's odd. :?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:10 pm

krama wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:12 pm
Satch wrote:
karateelvis wrote:
I'm not entirely dissimilar. I more or less only watch the Rangers these days. I virtually never see football on TV and the days when I occasionally would go with a mate to watch his/her team - Spuds, Brentford etc are over. I see Leiston a couple of times a year when in Suffolk and that's about it.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:35 pm

krama wrote:
Satch wrote:
karateelvis wrote:
How many full championship games are you watching, a week?

But as it goes i don't see very much, like 222. Watching QPR takes out most of the Saturday games. I'll stick the Sunday games on if i'm at home and pay varying amounts of attention depending on the significance of the fixture or who the match is playing out; similarly with the CL games. I still enjoy the sport but anything other than QPR fails to invoke the same passion it did in my youth.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:35 pm
krama wrote:
Satch wrote:

Never said I watch full championship games did I? But do take interest in all football, not just QPR.
Do sometimes take in other matches when I can, up and down the leagues.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:47 pm

krama wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:43 pm
Satch wrote:
krama wrote:

Never said I watch full championship games did I? But do take interest in all football, not just QPR.
On what basis did you determine i'm not a fan of football then? My point was that watching very little Championship football gives me no position to judge who should be awarded POTM. I know that doesn't stop many from passing comment but there you go.

loonee
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by loonee » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:35 am

Satch wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:47 pm
krama wrote:
Satch wrote:

On what basis did you determine i'm not a fan of football then? My point was that watching very little Championship football gives me no position to judge who should be awarded POTM. I know that doesn't stop many from passing comment but there you go.
You're a very difficult person to work out,krama.

You spend your time saying football isn't important in the grand scheme of things and isn't worth getting worked up about, yet pull somebody up when they say they haven't watched football regularly. Strange

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:13 am

A paradoxical curates egg. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:56 pm

loonee wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:35 am
Satch wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:47 pm
krama wrote:

You're a very difficult person to work out,krama.

You spend your time saying football isn't important in the grand scheme of things and isn't worth getting worked up about, yet pull somebody up when they say they haven't watched football regularly. Strange
Not strange at all, let's explain...been watching football since year dot, at QPR of course and many other places when I can. It's an enjoyable hobby, something to relax with. Win lose or draw whoever I might watch, always enjoy it. It isn't that important , and nothing about it will get me angry or stressed...but I DO enjoy football as a pastime and am a football fan, a fan of football generally. As for all this getting overly upset about it, nah...it's never going to be life changing. Why waste energy and stress and anger over something you can do absolutely nothing about?
Hope that helps to work me out, and thank you for trying but you are wasting your time! :lol:

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:13 am
A paradoxical curates egg. :D
Or a vaccilating parsons nose !