Arguably our best times.......

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Arguably our best times.......

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:47 pm

My Dad's mantra was always we'd always be better off top 1/3rd of Div 2 than struggling in Div 1. ( kind of gives the age away with Div 1and 2 )

But my suspicion is this is a great time being able to push into the top 6 and win against the top/better clubs. In short, there's a hope about the place and supporters as opposed to despair, which I guess most of us had settled into post Premiership.

Fulham's demise over recent months culminating in a loss against a team that hasn't scored at home since April I hear ! - be honest who gets enthusiastic watching that?

Maybe - just maybe we've turned a corner? here's hoping. Outside of that it would be nice if we could keep into a run of performance combined with squad and manager retention. :shock:

McClaren may not be to everyone's taste but my feeling is he's doing a good job. I wonder at what point he deserves a round of "Steve McClarens Blue and White Army" ?.......maybe never?

Lordy Lordy, I may have turned into a "my glass is half full" as opposed to my usual "my glass if half empty" when it comes to Rangers, or are we simply on the peak of a trough?.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Arguably our best times.......

Post by krama » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:00 pm

"Steve McClaren's Blue and White Army" should heard all the time, not just when things are going well. It's called supporting the team whatever. If anything it should be heard when the team aren't doing so well.

Oh good post btw. aniclap

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:14 pm

You're an almost inhumanly upbeat cheerleader, krama, but out of interest - did you/would you, for example, also clap and sing the likes of, to make a quick skim, the behaviour of Bosingwa, Barton's red at Man City, John Gregory throwing in the towel at WBA and/or the team and bench at Blackpool? Or - don't tell me - it's all 'just football', right?

Having said that, I think it's great when we fans support the team when the effort and application are clearly there, even if things don't always go according to plan.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:24 pm

Interesting about Fulham: they have spent a fortune since promotion and are really struggling: looks like they have lost their identity and the manager doesn't know his best team yet. Cardiff have spent far less and are doing no worse. I would say they have about the same chance of staying up (both slim) but Cardiff would be in a stronger position if they are both relegated to the Championship next season IMO.
Lex Talionis........

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:14 pm

It's all about the money...... Parachute money ends this season....

With sensible management in place this time promotion via the playoffs or better would safeguard the future of this club...

The training ground looks very possible now and the new stadium still seems pie in the sky to me, promotion or not....

Let's get to 55 points first and anything else is a bonus....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:01 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:14 pm
You're an almost inhumanly upbeat cheerleader, krama, but out of interest - did you/would you, for example, also clap and sing the likes of, to make a quick skim, the behaviour of Bosingwa, Barton's red at Man City, John Gregory throwing in the towel at WBA and/or the team and bench at Blackpool? Or - don't tell me - it's all 'just football', right?

Having said that, I think it's great when we fans support the team when the effort and application are clearly there, even if things don't always go according to plan.
Thanks stainrod for acknowledgement of my upbeat demeanour... not sure its inhuman though! do always try to be. No point being any else, especially when football or qpr are concerned, it's only football, right? (see what I did there!) As to the situations you mentioned, of course not but not worth getting upset about. The team at Blackpool, for sure I would clap them...the manager chose that team and bench, he knows best...how can you or I change that? All we can do is support the team. Fact. Hope that helps. 8) :D :P

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:05 pm

After quite a few seasons of unattenuated gloom, it's understandable that Rangers fans should be excited, but I really think we need rein in our expectations a little otherwise, if we encounter a flat spell, we'll be back in a slough of despond.
Shall we see how things look in the new year ?
All being well, we'll have a fully fit Furlong and some more goals from Wells and Hemed.
Interesting times.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:36 pm

as above posts I think we can agree that we're in ( reasonably ) good times

having said that that in itself is worrying :roll: because, if for no other reason, that's just not what Rangers do. Someone needs to advise the Board we might all need counseling if this upbeat trend continues.

two things on the horizon to piss on our chips:

1) Sir Les on his way.
OK maybe not the ideal DoF for all but he's done a steady job with influence. Every action has a reaction and his departure could have negative repercussions.
2) A Lee Hoos state of the nation speech is due soon re future spending / 2019/20 season budget forecast. That's bound to send the Buzzards circling around our squad :roll: - again
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:30 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:36 pm
as above posts I think we can agree that we're in ( reasonably ) good times

having said that that in itself is worrying :roll: because, if for no other reason, that's just not what Rangers do. Someone needs to advise the Board we might all need counseling if this upbeat trend continues.

two things on the horizon to piss on our chips:

1) Sir Les on his way.
OK maybe not the ideal DoF for all but he's done a steady job with influence. Every action has a reaction and his departure could have negative repercussions.
2) A Lee Hoos state of the nation speech is due soon re future spending / 2019/20 season budget forecast. That's bound to send the Buzzards circling around our squad :roll: - again
re: Number 2, this is what we used to do in the 90's. Sell Sinton, bring in Sinclair. Lose/Sell Macca/Parker, bring in Peacock/Tillson, Sell Wilson and bring in Brevett. This is nothing new. Bringing in the youth and scouting the lower levels to replace the Freeman's, Smithies, Eze's of the world is what will make us self- sufficient as long as we get the right value for our assets. (A Big if!)